doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  08:39:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi, mar--once again I could say "ditto" to your comments.

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 09 2016 7:27:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  08:43:25 AM  Show Profile
Marie, so much snow! Love how it makes a mushroom shape out of the tables. Sorry you have to have the man home all day. They can be a pain. Glad I don't have one anymore. Except for the income. That's hard.

Marilyn, your dude is lucky to still be breathing after a comment like that. I think you should call in sick the next month so he can deal with a few of these characters.

G, love that Siri is an eves dropper.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  10:35:20 AM  Show Profile
That bit about Siri and her eavesdropping is a little bit creepy! I had never thought of that. I used to keep our phones on the charger in the bedroom overnight, but all the chirping from messages bugged me, so they are out in the dining room now. Thanks for the back-up on the CALM front, ladies. Yeah -- there are things that people should just not say, and that is definitely one of them. "Just turn on some lights." "Lots of people are worse off than you!" "Just think about something else." And one of my all-time faves from childhood "What would Jesus think of the way you're behaving?" I don't wear anxiety on my sleeve as a badge of some kind of disability, but it is a very real thing, and it definitely figures into my daily life from time to time. Over the years, with lots of therapy and practice, I have become more aware of my triggers and some coping strategies, but sometimes it just comes at me from out of absolutely nowhere and there's not much I can do to stop it. If I were diabetic, nobody would say that taking my insulin was a crutch. Nobody would say "Just snap out of it." But I am preaching to the choir.

Back from Rotary. Had a nice meeting, but the lunch has not settled well on my tummy -- again. The rain keeps coming down and it has warmed up to the low 60s, so there is snow fog everywhere. Most of us are pretty happy to see the snow melt! Here on the lot, the snow is off all the cars, but there are still some big piles between the cars. It is supposed to rain all evening, though, so we ought to see a different world tomorrow morning.

I am going to try to pin the Dude down this afternoon to see if there's anything else he wants me to include in December's books so I can close the month and the year. As long as those past months are open, my software has to grind through all of that data when I search for something, and it slows me down. I think I may have one more vehicle I want to repo for December. Since we went to the accountant last week, I feel much better about my books. Feels like all the attention to detail and hard work have paid off. I start my QuickBooks training a week from today!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."

Edited by - Marilyn Hartman Sullivan on Feb 03 2016 11:26:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  1:50:29 PM  Show Profile
Snap out of it...one of my mother's favorites...
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  2:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  2:02:49 PM  Show Profile

Dh makes such a mess when he does a project. But when the corners fit like this, I guess I will keep quiet.

Mar

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Feb 03 2016 2:03:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  2:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Really nice Mar, you are right the corners are perfect! That is what I would love to replace my floor with in my kitchen.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  4:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Mar, wonderful job! Lucky to have a handy guy like that.

Marilyn, I do feel your pain. I have a hard time just leaving the house. I have to talk myself into it most mornings. I too have developed coping skills to deal with it. Working in retail is especially hard. Every time someone walks into the door, my other personality has to take over. Lol. And boy can she sell!

The treasurer for the home association I'm doing the books for came in today with money for me to enter into Quickbooks. We have a $30.00 discrepancy between our records. She is having issue with me entering the bills and reconciling the checkbook. She has been doing it by hand for years and doesn't understand why all that Ineeds to go into Quickbooks. I tried to explain to her that all the financial info should be together and if something were to happen to the paper copies she has stored away...she would have nothing. I think she is feeling like I'm taking away her job. She has a very overbearing husband and this may be something that gives her some self confidence. I wrote to the secretary that hired me and told her about our conversation. I also offered to teach the treasurer Quickbooks so she could do it all herself. It seems to me that she just doesn't want to do the hard stuff. She just wants to pay bills and write up and easy and very basic financial report each month.
Sigh...I hate dealing with people. I just want to hide in my sewing room and make cool stuff and sell it online where I don't have to talk to anyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  4:58:40 PM  Show Profile
you are almost there, bunny. The outside world can really encroach on our sanity at times. Dh and I often joke about raising the draw bridge over the (fantasy) moat at night. You aren't alone.

Just think if the dozen (or so) of us were all in a room forced to stay for something like jury duty...would we find each other and strike up conversation. We have so much in common, and not, but have developed deep friendships nevertheless... but, if it were our "outside" selves who met one another, would we connect. Many people think the internet had isolated people. Not always.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  5:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone heard about Cindy's shoulder surgery today? I was wondering how she did! For mine I had to stay over night but, they had to take out part of my collar bone. Just wondering.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  5:23:59 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

There is a reason that I live at the end of a half mlle dirt road and work at home. I thought Mar that I have fallen so far over the cliff that no one can hear me screaming anymore.

I think if we all met in a room with our handwork with us we would find each other and strike up a conversation. I think sometimes that when I win Powerball that I would rent a cruise ship and we all could have a nice time together for a weekend.
C says that I do not have anxiety because I have too much ADD to remember why I should be overwhelmed. She says she has enough anxiety for the two of us.

Last year when my younger brother was in the hospital and I stayed with my older brother who believes he is an only child, I walked into his living room and talked just a little and he leaned around me and said to his friend. See what I mean she is so full of drama. I thought to myself, oh, honey you have seen nothing if you think this is drama. I wasn't even excited or saying anything with a flourish. I did not stay with him a second night.
I remember being upset when I was a child and my mother telling me what I was upset about was not worth worrying about, that it would pass. She must have had her hands full because my father was the best worrier of all of us.

I think if those who have told us to calm down saw us quietly sitting in the corner and rocking they would be worried. Isn't having attention to detail one of the reasons they love us?

It rained the whole day long. I wonder if the plants under the hay are starting to grow?

Mar, your dh sure can do corners. You won't even have to put on molding if you don't want it.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  5:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Omg, Holly, the rocking thing...done it many times. Lol! I was totally ignored. No one got it. At least I didn't mumble to myself.

Cindy!!! We are thinking of you and hoping all is well!!!

Just got an email from one of the main board members from the homeowners association. She confirmed that they wanted me to do all the books. All the treasurer was suppose to do was write checks and five me copies so I could enter it in the computer. I guess we are going to have a meeting. I so hate drama. I did suggest that she might be having some self worth issues and we should be kind. But even her husband wanted a full bookkeeper. I guess I can't pay the bills and write checks per the bylaws.

Holly, I'm in for the cruise! I think we would do fine. Especially if we had fun creative stuff to do. Let me know when you win that powerball.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  6:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Receivables and payables are kept separate to avoid the chance of embezzlement. It would be easy to take in money and then make payments to yourself which look legitimate. Be very happy that you are not paying the bills. Besides, receiving money is so much more fun.

I would so love to meet all of my Iris sisters some time. I'd want to do it over maybe five days and spend time without husbands checking out the pool boys.

I am so happy that I get along with my sister and brothers. I really miss my sister and hope we can be closer geographically. We could do so much together.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  7:44:39 PM  Show Profile
!

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 09 2016 7:26:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  03:32:08 AM  Show Profile
Oooh I am just steaming at some people this morning - just reading everyone's posts! Everyone just LOVES our sparkling personalities and our "way with people" and our "quirky outlook" until they get a look at what's really underneath all those coping mechanisms and see the real us. Then we are "too dramatic," or "too uptight," or whatever. The more chronologically enhanced I become,the less of a rat's hind end I care about other people's opinion of me. Not sure if that's healthy or not. Ha

Bunny - I am sooo with you. I loved doing medical transcription largely because I could work from home. Of course that industry is the worst for not paying enough to live on. And retail! Oh my goodness - so tough for people like us.

G - I am afraid I would have lost it after the second time spelling an English word. More than once, I have insisted on an English-speaking customer service rep. One day I needed a little hair trim, so I stopped in at a little salon. I stepped inside and saw all the ladies in there and asked if there was anyone there who spoke English as their first language. You would have thought I asked for a blood sample. I just refuse to try to communicate my preferences to someone who doesn't actually understand. I turned around and left the salon, and you should have heard the ranting. Luckily I could not understand them. Ha ha. I know there are immigrants from non-English speaking countries here, and they need jobs, but employers need to be aware that some positions require English!!!!!

I am in a mood, I can tell. Lots of silliness on my mind and it woke me up early. At least I have work to do today. I started to reconcile the operating account yesterday and there is a discrepancy of one penny, which will give me project to work on this morning. I am actually looking forward to it - how sick is that?

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  06:15:55 AM  Show Profile
And Mar --- the floor looks wonderful! Sometimes they make us proud.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  07:13:32 AM  Show Profile
Got through the surgery OK. It is hard to type using one hand. I am so pissed at that hospital. The surgery was at the "other" hospital in town and no one told me I would need to stay withsomeone for my safety the first night. My right arm and hand were so numb I couldn't feel them. I didm't take a stuffed animal cause I only had one good arm and sometimes hospitals lose things. I know cause nurses are always calling me at work about cell phones being lost in the linen. I tell them housekeeping handles the dirty linen and all I can do is call the company that does our linen. And they wash tons at a time. Now I have feeling in my right hand and my shoulder hurts some. I am wearing a pillow sling hooked up to a pump that dispenses pain medication. Have to wear it three days. Plus I am taking a pain reliever. I stayed with my paretns last night and my dad didn't realize I had had surgery. Mom was trying to balance her checkbook last night and dad kept talking to her so I asked him to sit down and tell me about his time in the air force which he did. he interrupts her when she's busy and it gets on her nerves. the medicine they gave me in the hospital made me high. I told them this stuff feels good. well I am feeling tired so I will sign off. appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. feel woozy. mzybr I need to take the nausea medication they gave me,
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  07:46:45 AM  Show Profile
So glad to hear from you Cindy, hang in there it will get better I promise!
Sending happy thoughts your way.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  08:10:21 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you are through the surgery, Cindy! I know it doesn't feel like it now, but I am sure you will be mending. So hard to do without one of your wings, though. Take care of yourself.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  10:45:17 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, glad you made it through and are home recovering. It is tough to not have anyone to take care of you. Get well soon.

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 04 2016 11:37:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  11:38:55 AM  Show Profile
A very quiet afternoon here. I found the one penny discrepancy in the operating account in about two minutes and got that account all squared away. Managed to find a huge deposit that His Dudeness had not written in the checkbook! Eeek. I had entered it into the computer system, though, so we balanced with the bank. January was a weird and busy month, with our vacations and all. Hopefully things will settle down now that we are home to stay for a while. I got out for a wonderful walk this morning. Last night's rain really got rid of a lot of our blizzard snow. It felt great to get out and walk again.

So...do any of you ladies use coconut oil? What do you use it for? I keep hearing about the health benefits, but haven't partaken yet.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  4:41:42 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 20 2019 2:17:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  4:47:36 PM  Show Profile
G:Do you put the coconut in your coffee, if so how much? Would I still need my sweetner Stevia?
Thank you.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  5:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am glad to hear from Cindy. I bet your mom appreciated you talking to your dad so she could get her work done. Hugs to you.

I went to the Co op today. I want to try making a bread called live bread. One of the recipes says I can sprout the red winter wheat berries, grind them up and form them into loaves and bake on a very slow for a couple of hours. Another said I could sprout the seeds grind them up and mix them with some yeast and something else, let them rise and the bread would be less chewy. I thought i could amuse my self and give it a try. I stood there in the aisle and thought of you gluten free people and thought once I get the knack of this I could try other grains and let you know how they turn out. or then you could google live bread and try and we could compare recipes.

I hope Ann is back and alright. She had a hard row to hoe with having to visit her mother who was not kind to her and then visit the Xil who were not kind to her. I think Ann is better than me because I would not have gone to the second torture session. Hugs to you.

There is a woman down the road who replaces zippers. I picked up five jackets I had taken to her a couple of weeks ago . We had a nice chat. I am so glad that there is someone close and reasonable to do that tedious job.

We had ham and baked potatoes for supper. I really like baked potatoes with butter and sour cream. Probably not that heart healthy but very yummy.

Sweet dreams.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  5:22:59 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, glad you are back with us and hopefully not in too much pain. Glad you were able to stay at your parents house that first night. Nothing like a little communication from the hospital.

I have tired frying with coconut oil and I'm not all that thrilled with it. I guess I'm not use to the taste and stuff still stuck to the frying pan. I think it is an acquired taste.

It is really trying to warm up a little here. But still raining. It almost gets to the 50's during the day.

Holly, I'm afraid I'm with you regarding Ann's trip to California. I don't do funerals if at all possible. I want my ashes tossed in a hole and a tree planted over me. Then go have a party.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly