doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  12:36:08 PM  Show Profile
Darlys darling you need to go on another vacation so you will have time to post. have a safe time. love you

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  07:03:22 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of all of you ... but, really having a great time with dd and boyfriend. Today is our Christmas dinner and presents so that his family can enjoy the kids on Christmas Eve. Trying to be flexible and share them. His folks took them out for dinner last night, but today they are ALL ours!!

Hope everyone is getting to spend some "down" time and enjoy themselves. Love you all.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  08:09:14 AM  Show Profile
Hey chickie poos remember me? I feel so badly that I have not been on for so long. I have missed your friendly greetings so much that I think I actually went into farm chick withdrawl! giggle I am feeling pretty good these days. I go off the drug study on Monday. I don't think it helped much. However Mayo Clinic doctors are trying to save my colon so am on meds for that for at least a year. I am sad that I did not get birthday and Christmas cards out these past few months. I promise I will surprise everyone in 2013. Also thanks to all who have sent me cards, letters, and little gifts. They mean so much to me. I have to finish making a wall hanging for a gift this afternoon (nothing like waiting till the last minute) and then I am going to poor a glass of wine and read all your posts from Thanksgiving forward. Hmmmmm - maybe the task will require the entire bottle. taa taa my dears. Enjoy any and all holiday treats you can get your hands on. diets start January 1st.

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 22 2012 08:14:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  10:14:51 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

Last night the weather was nasty. So, nasty that I was unable to get an internet connection. It was overcast and raining. Ross and I went to the neighbor's to a solstice celebration. We were supposed to make edible bird ornaments outside and hang them on a little tree. We were supposed to sing songs around a fire. It rained so hard we soaked through so we had an abbreviated celebration outside and then went in to eat and chat and laugh. My friend made black bean soup. I made three layer cornbread from the Tasajara Bread book. Some other people brought dark crusty bread which is one of my favorites.

Yesterday we woke to beautiful snow. It warmed quickly and rained a good share of the day. Today it is snowing again. It is a dry snow with little flakes. the temperature is just below 20 degrees.

We picked up the new used Tahoe that we bought more than a month ago and then it died at 43 miles into its first journey. They thought it was some wire that goes between the transmission and the engine. They changed it and it wasn't. So, they put in a new transmission. The windshield had a small crack in the upper left side and they put in a new windshield. They are going to give us a hundred dollar gas card for being so patient and polite. The man's brother in law owns a gas station so I guess he will get it at cost.

We picked up the tree this morning. We will not put it up until the eve.

Marianne I am glad you are having a fine time with your dd.

Thelma I do hope you are successful in saving your colon. I would guess you an Santa are doing less visits to the children this year. The one in our mall looked warn out when I walked past him last week. I know our Leo went to see him. He is very good with Leo. Leo does not talk really, he was born too little too long ago. He loooovvvvvveeeeees Santa. Leo has a Santa heart, giving and kind. Leo and his day worker do energy work on Santa so his back does not hurt.

about ten years or ago I received 4 amaryllis for the holiday. Since no plant dies for me I now have 26 amaryllis. I had more but have found homes for ten or so. I have five that are budding now. So, what did my sister send me for my birthday? Yup you guessed it. another genetic line of amaryllis. I am hoping it is a different color than red when it blooms.

Have a good weekend.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  10:50:03 AM  Show Profile
Quick post for now. We ended up getting 10 inches of snow, and very cold and windy with gusts to 64 MPH! Today it is sunny and 25, 16 with the wind chill. Got out and did a little shovelling. I cannot do too much at a time, but enjoy what I can do. Hope to get out a little each day. We will have a white Christmas this year, it is here to stay for awhile now. Got most everything done for the holiday, just need a few more groceries to pick up tomorrow for our dinner, then am all set, except the laundry. We have traditional Canadian meat pie every Christmas. My family would be very dissappointed if we did not have it.
Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  12:45:17 PM  Show Profile
Janet, so glad you are feeling well enough to shovel snow. I have only experienced one white Christmas. One year we took the kids to Aspen for Christmas I am about to leave to go back to my daughters where there is nothing to do. I guess I overdid it again here but I felt fine. Now I don't. I didn't get as many cards out as I intended to and I am leaving with the house not as clean as it should be. I also will try to do better in 2013. Happy holidays everybody.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  9:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Good Evening Friends,

We had a wonderful holiday family evening tonight. I have a dear friend visiting for Christmas and she and two of our kids and our daughter's boyfriend joined my husband and I for dinner tonight. After dinner we drove around our community listening to Christmas music and enjoying all the lights. One house in particular has a huge light show, timed to music, a train that goes around and delivers candy cane, and a dancing Santa. We visit is every year...such fun! I am grateful for the time we spent together tonight.

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  05:32:39 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick hello and to say that I hope you are all staying warm and those who have snow are enjoying the white Christmas.

It is cold for us here in northern FL today. Started out at 28 and expect it to get only into the 40's. But that is not to say that Christmas Day will not be in the 70's. DH is missing the winter weather since he is from MA. Every year around Thanksgiving he starts feeling the want of the autumn and winter.

Darlys sent me these cards and I will not be able to get them out for Christmas. I am going to post a pic of one so you can see how adorable and fitting they are. Darlys you seem to know about my sense of humor so well.

Thelma I am so glad to see your post.

Well, darlings, I have to get going. Today is the Cantada at the church where the sewing group meets.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  05:36:27 AM  Show Profile
Here it is! Stuck? .... Stuck?

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  05:39:37 AM  Show Profile
Inside it says, " Theathons Greetings" My brother once got me to get my tongue stuck on an ice tray from the freezer. I had to carry it with my tongue stuck to it up to the sink where I put water on it. He was such a jokster as a kid.

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  07:09:53 AM  Show Profile
My wish for you today is is RELAX and ENJOY the holiday craziness! If all else fails SCREAM!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  11:42:05 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, cute card!

Holly, I sent you a birthday card but thought I was late so wrote "belated". Hopefully it will actually get there in time.
Thelma, I should have a birthday card to you soon.

Not much else going on. Gloomy weather most days. High 30's during the day, low 30's at night. No snow or ice. I"m ok with it. My sewing room and music make me pretty happy on the most gloomy of days.

Mom is driving me crazy as usual. We had her yearly bunco night and of course I did everything. All the setup, cleaning, cooking and all the putting away and cleaning up afterwards. I left everything out for 3 days to see what she would do. Nothing. Even the food stayed out on the counter. I realized she wasn't going to do anything so cleaned everything up myself. She sat in bed and watched TV. I can't wait to get back out on my own, in my own little house.

Other than that, everything is good. Sewing like crazy. I bought 3 bags of t-shirts at the Salvation Army $5.00 bag sale. I made two skirts so far.

Here is the first one:

And here is the second one:

They are both wrap-around skirts so they can fit more women. I need to make 3 more and then I'll put them on Etsy.

Well, I need to get back to it. I washed everything yesterday and need to cut them all out today.

Later Everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  12:03:15 PM  Show Profile
Nancy you funny girl! I'm the only person I know who sits and laughs at her iPhone ! I got back to cozy trailer with nothing to do but rest and I am refusing to take so much as Ibuprophen for pain so I won't be fooled into thinking I am fine and doing something I shouldn't. I feel bad letting my daughter do every thing but she says its her turn. Nancy I loved the vintage post card. It was here when I got here last night. Bunny the skirts are very cool!! I love the longer one of blues and greens. I am sorry about your mom. My dad was a total jerk so I can kind of relate. Thelma thanks for popping in. It is always good to hear from you

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  4:33:32 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Nancy I laughed and laughed at the card. I think of you whenever I see the sock monkeys. I have seen sheets with them on it.

It has been in the twenties today. It snowed most of the day but not a lot of accumulation. Overcast all day. I did a lot of laundry today. I made Taliesin clean his room. The poor disorganized adolescent. It took him most of the day. He is doing his laundry now. If he could have piled the clothes basket on top of the heap in his barrel it would have been very tall. They, the teenagers are watching some football game.

We have all of our gifts bagged. Years ago I made six drawstring bags for each member of the family. It makes wrapping so much easier. We take off most of the tags. All for some of our family members. We used to be up until all hours of the night wrapping when we did paper. Every year we remark to each other how glad we are to not have to deal with paper.

We had steak for supper with butternut squash and rolls. It was really tasty steak.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  5:03:05 PM  Show Profile
You will probably not hear from me until after Christmas now, tomorrow we have our annual dinner with just my daughter and son, and on Christmas, we are home alone watching Christmas movies all day. That is my tradition.I taped all the movies I like and watch all the older ones all day long. Love it.
I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and hope you all have a wonderful day with lots of food and family. Love you gals!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  6:25:29 PM  Show Profile
Janet I like your Christmas tradition. My family did the same thing on Christmas day. I started a turkey in the morning and we just sat around eating snack food and watching Movies all day. It would take me about 1/2 an hour to finish up dinner with the usual mashed potatoes and stuffing (from a box, the only one they liked) and they would make sandwiches. Now that we are all so far apart, it just isn't the same. My son is spending Christmas with his girlfriend and her family. He is so stressed because of the gift giving. He is so afraid he will give something someone doesn't like. Hopefully it will turn out fine.

Well, I lied about the weather. It snowed today. Not enough to stick, at least not during the day.

I got another skirt done. I'm liking this sewing project. I can make a skirt a day. Not sure how that will play out once I'm back in school. But for now, I'm enjoying it. Just have to hope they sell.

Later everyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  7:19:37 PM  Show Profile
Here is my third finished skirt. I love the uneven hemline.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  7:38:19 PM  Show Profile
Bunny be sure and let me know when you decide the prices on the cute colors. They are unique and I think will sell fast. The bright colors are so cool. Could you make a ankle length one? I would love a longer one with the varied lengths like your last one

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  7:58:24 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy, I'm thinking about a long one. It will take quite a few shirts and it will have have to have more layers to make it long enough. I I have been looking on Etsy and checking prices of other skirts. The short one will go for about $55.00 and the two long ones will be $75.00. I just have to make two more and then all 5 will be online. I'll post when they are done.
I'm glad you like them. They are different. Having so much fun making them. I don't want to go back to school!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  07:16:56 AM  Show Profile
Cooking and cleaning today so just dropping by to say hello and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I hop all you chickie poos get everything you want from Santa and a few useless items from friends and family to make you smile. Bunny, I love the skirts. You are one talented lady. Ho ho ho and to all a glass of holiday cheer.
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  07:21:36 AM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls! I know I have been MIA, but I've had a rough time this year.

When I finally got over whatever bug I picked up, I realized that I was waaaaay behind on my holiday preparations. So I've been playing catch-up.

I'm feeling much better and most of my holiday baking and crafting is done. I still have several pages to read here, but I can't do it right now. I have company coming in just a few hours and won't be back on here before Thursday.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

Edited by - pinokeeo on Dec 24 2012 07:22:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  09:21:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh my buttons! All of you have posted you little hearts out! I'm FINE-A-LY feeling better from that horrible cold and infection. Now I'm in full baking mode and waiting for the egg nog cheese cake to bake. It's windy and snowy today and I'm hoping for a white and snowy Christmas! Maybe a walk in the snow and little wooded area on Christmas day with hot cups of spiced cider

I'm sorry that I don't have time to catch up on the posts, but I wanted to wish you all a positively Joyful and Merry Christmas! May there be peace and the warmth of loved ones around and may your troubles be light.

Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  10:01:40 AM  Show Profile
Have a wonderful Christmas everyone. Looking at a sunny day with beautiful blue sky. I'm sure it won't last long.
Hope everyone stays healthy and safe.

Merry Christmas!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  3:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Bunny I really like the colors on skirt number three. Bright and cheery.

We had our usual appetizer meal for the Eve. We buy all of these prepackaged finger foods. They are simply awful as far as nutrition goes but we like them anyway. The children cooked and cleaned up. In a little while we will put the drawstring gift bags under the tree. We need to make sure the food items are secure so the dogs do not eat them.

Ross has been following Santa on the radar on the Iphone. He is very, very excited. Even the teenagers who have been nipping at each other or ignoring the world have surfaced into civility.

I went out in the cold with my camera to see if I could get any decent pictures. Of the 165 I have taken I think there are six that I think are nice. Maybe two that are fine with editting. Digital is wonderful.

Today was sunny most of the day. Temperatures were in the teens but not bitter.

I received four birthday packages today from Darlys, Gypsy, Bunny and Ginny to join the others I have mentioned in previous posts. I am so lucky to have fine friends like all of you. I am trying to save them for opening on my birthday. I am not very good at waiting.

I am glad to hear that Annika and Phyllis are feeling better.

The mother of our friend who was on her way out the door passed last night. She is now with her husband, and dear cousins whom she missed and is now watching over her sons. Our friend has lived all of his adult life at home caring for his grandmother and his parents. I hope he does well now that he has only himself to worry about.

I hope everyone has a relaxing and joyful day tomorrow.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  10:39:53 PM  Show Profile
Just had to say. Rejoice!!

You all have enriched my life so much and this seems like the right time to say thank you....

And ,Holly, you can open the pkg from me. It is for Christmas ... Your birthday present will arrive ON your birthday. But your card will be late as I seem to be VERY organizationally challenged at the moment.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a really, really. Good Night!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Dec 24 2012 10:48:13 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page