Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  3:08:29 PM  Show Profile
Well, we got one working. Glad you're squared away, Tall Holly.

katmom:

I don't know if you've seen by now, but I think the icons not showing up is a fluke. I would think another refresh of this page, or browsing around through a few topics (including returning to this topic by clicking a link) would remedy that. Let me know if that is not fixing itself.

As for the security thing, I did forget about that when suggesting the fix originally. I saw that, too, in Internet Explorer. (*rant* I hate Internet Explorer. Have I said that yet? They're trying to help everyone be safe, but they just make everything harder. You're already opening that file by visiting these pages, so blocking you from opening it directly is just nonsense. sigh *end rant*)
I can't think of a readily available way to remedy that, except that Internet Explorer does intelligently update itself somewhere along the way (as you saw, since the photo upload is working for you again).

Thanks to all of you for dealing with the inconveniences in the meantime. It'll hopefully be a more helpful thing in the long run.
Go to Top of Page

Terralea
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Terra
Midland Michigan
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  06:17:13 AM  Show Profile
The sheep you are looking at are Valais Blacknose Sheep from Switzerland. None in the US in the article I read. Wool is course and used for rugs, etc. per the article. Cute as all get out, ha? Found an article in Farm Show Periodical. Also an article with video links on Rural-living-hq.com.

Terralea
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  4:56:07 PM  Show Profile
Quick test here to make sure all is still working correctly, after some updates to the photo upload:

Cookie 1:

Cookie 2:

Cookie 3:

Cookie 4:

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  09:46:24 AM  Show Profile
I am having trouble posting pictures. The pics are resized so they should be okay in terms of file size and there are no symbols or characters in the file name. I've tried reloading the two pages suggested earlier in this thread but they both come up as "cannot be found" so it doesn't find them and they don't open up in a new screen if I hit refresh. I can get as far as telling the preview screen that I am done editing my photos but they don't ever post to the message. Any ideas?

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2015 :  7:07:45 PM  Show Profile
Well, I was finally able to get my photos to upload from my tablet. Could the problem have something to do with using either an older version of Internet Explorer and/or a Microsoft Vista operating system? My tablet has the latest version of IE and is running Windows 8.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2015 :  1:09:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marilyn,

I would point my finger more at using IE than your operating system. Our chat room should handle any re sizing or the images for you at this point. Do you feel like experimenting and uploading some pictures on this thread using a different browser? I'd be curious to see what happens!

Thanks,

~Brian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Technical Support: Previous Topic Posting pictures Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page