Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Traveling Bear - Home Again!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Traveling Bear - Home Again! Next Topic
Page: of 4

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  01:38:09 AM  Show Profile
I have a little bear that a dear friend made for my son before he was born. In an effort to preserve it I was thinking of washing it and retiring it to his keepsakes. I thought it was kind of sad that the bear only has 4 years of play with my son. Then I thought wouldn't it be wonderful if the little bear could travel around before being retired. Then in the future when he is grown I can give him his bear with all the wonderful notes, pictures and keepsakes. I especially invite young cultivators to do this since this is a child's toy. I'm sure it will be filled with love and hugs.

I copied the rules from the traveling doll since Alee did so well at coming up with them.

I would be happy to host this Pass Along and keep tabs on where the Bear is. .

Here are the rules so far, please feel free to suggest more if you think of any:

Sign up here and send me your name and complete address and phone number via email

When you receive the bear take pictures of it and either write up a little journal entry or create a digital scrap book page to email to Amber(me). I will then collect them and organize them into an E-Book for all participants

When you send the bear onwards you will need to pay for tracking. Then please email Amber the tracking number.

Only keep the bear for a maximum of two weeks. Unless you fall on a holiday and have to keep the bear longer because of a vacation or some other pressing matter.

Feel free to make accessories for the bear, fix him if he tears and embroider him. If it's suitcase starts getting full it might have to make a stop at home to drop off some clothes. I just ask please don't paint it or put buttons on it. You never know this may go to another baby years down the road.

Edit:
Here's the list so far

Joey - traveled
Darlene -traveled
Sherry -traveled
Laura - traveled
Sandy - traveled
Pennie - ***
Jennie
Rodonna
Daizy
Laurie* waiting for address

******Blue Bear is currently home resting*****

“Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.”

Edited by - AmberNWichita on Dec 27 2014 10:10:48 AM

mommahartley
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Laurie
Perdido Key Florida and Lewisburg Tennessee
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  11:30:45 AM  Show Profile
Amber.
This so cute and I would love to have your bear come play with our bears..TEDDY and ROSIE. They can tell him(?) wonderful tales of their adventure to Oregon for a wedding and seeing the pacific ocean. I took a photo diary of our trip for a possible children's book later on.
Does your bear have a name? a birth date? Has he ever been to the South? the beach? Oh I know he will have such fun on his visit to us!
I will email you our info and let's get his adventure started!!

Blessings,
Laurie
Momma Hartley

This is my commandment, Love one another , as I have loved you
greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:12-13

La Dolce Vita (Italian) "The Sweet Life"
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  2:10:13 PM  Show Profile
Me too please. My grand girl (age 5) will be visiting us for 10 days starting July 28. We will be taking her fishing and to the beach and the craft store and for walks and metal detecting, to the library and a ton of other things and she would LOVE including your sons bear. We live at the Gulf of Mexico in Florida and I know he would have a good time with Katie if we could get him here while she visits. PLEASE. I will e-mail you my info. Thanks, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  10:25:08 PM  Show Profile
He was never given a for sure name other than blue bear, and no he never really had a birthday either he was given to me at my shower.

“Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.”

http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/A/ambernoah-welcome.html
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  11:08:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amber I would love to have blue bear as a guest up here in the Redwoods and maybe we can get him in a picture with a Redwood tree.
I will email you.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  8:53:03 PM  Show Profile
Amber, I would love to have blue bear visit us here in Texas. We have bear friends to visit and my grand daughter would love to visit with him. Does he like tea, we would probably have a tea party. With lots of cookies. Thanks

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  1:54:05 PM  Show Profile
Hello, I live in Kentucky and am making a trip to Wa.Idaho and Montana July 1st through the 12th would love to take the little fella with me.:) Just let me know.Thanks.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  11:10:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited to see that people would love to take him on an adventure. Yes blue bear loves tea, and has been the sous chef to many pretend cooking adventures in play kitchen. Laura did you send me your address yet? I hope it didn't get lost.

Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2013 :  06:18:02 AM  Show Profile
I did send it I will try again. Thanks

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

sandylee
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

sandy
sunset south carolina
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  6:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey Amber, I would love for Blue Bear to visit me here in SC in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
Hugs Sandy

"You don't need alot of money to lead a rich life. Good friends and a loving family are worth their weight in gold."

For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalms 100:5
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  9:31:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies sorry I haven't posted in a while I was out of sorts with hip and back pain and couldn't sit at my desk. I will be making up the list so blue bear can get on the road shortly.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  09:40:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh Amber
I am sorry about your hip and back pain and hope you are feeling better. I know that pain is terrible, mine was in my knees until I replaced them. My prayers are with you.
Take care and excitedly waiting to hear what will be next for blue bear.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  12:57:06 PM  Show Profile
Alright it seems the list isn't getting bigger. So I am sending Blue Bear on his way to Joey So he can spend a few days with her Grandbabies. Then after that he is on his way to Laurie if she is still up for it.

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  1:00:12 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited that "Blue Bear" gets to travel now. This will be such fun. I know that he is on his way to me now but if it is OK, I am going to send him right on to Laurie (if you would please e-mail me your address.) I REALLY want him to be here with me when my grandgirl is here 7/28-8/9 if someone could mail him to me then. We will be doing many things with her that he will enjoy and I know that Katie would be so HAPPY to have Blue Bear with us then. Amber, I hope this is OK. Thanks, Joey

Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  1:18:43 PM  Show Profile
no worries Joey he is just waiting for the mailman now I'll just changing his shipping address, I misread your date and thought it was june 28th not july.

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2013 :  02:54:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh thanks Amber. Can't wait to see him the end of this month. I haven't told Katie yet so I know she will be so surprised and delighted. Hugs, Joey

Go to Top of Page

sandylee
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

sandy
sunset south carolina
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2013 :  5:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Amber , so glad to hear that Blue Bear is on his way on an amazing trip. I hope he gets here to visit with me in the Fall, he will love it here.
Sandy

"You don't need alot of money to lead a rich life. Good friends and a loving family are worth their weight in gold."

For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalms 100:5
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  1:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amber,
Katie is here and just wanted you to know that if you sent me Blue Bear in the mail, he hasn't arrived yet. I haven't told Katie yet that he was coming but I know she would love to see him. She leaves on 8/10 so it may be too late to send him in time for her visit. See what you think. Not sure who has him now. I'd be happy to take him even if she has gone if you want to send him anyway. Just let me know. Thanks. Hugs, Joey

Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  08:27:22 AM  Show Profile
I never got a chance to get him out last week but he's leaving for his trip today. So sorry to keep you all waiting the lineup will have to change since I can't seem to get a hold of a couple of people so Joey he's headed your way first.

Go to Top of Page

pstill
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Pennie
Barnwell South Carolina
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  8:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Amber I would like to do this, but for some reason it's not letting me send any emails to anyone, it says that I don't have enough posts yet to send out emails to members to give my info. I would like to join in Blue Bear's adventure... but not sure how to send you an email, since it won't let me! :/

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain

Farmgirl #5381
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2013 :  10:51:30 AM  Show Profile
Blue is on his way to FL! I hope he gets a chance to visit with Katie before she leaves. The post officer assured me he would get there very quickly. Pennie I would love to add you to the list. I noticed that blue got a little tear somehow in his shoulder but I didn't want to delay his travel even longer. If someone handy with a needle could patch him up I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  10:50:37 PM  Show Profile
The list is updated, and Blue has either landed in FL. today or will be on his hostess door tomorrow. I will anxiously wait the next three days to see if he was able to hang out with little Katie.

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  06:53:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,
I'm happy to say hat Blue Bear arrived safely and Katie was most excited to welcome him! He need stitches first but was VERY brave. We are SO happy that he is here. Today he is going with us to the beach (although he probably won't go into the water) and tonight he is going out to eat dinner with us to celebrate my birthday. Katie leaves on Sunday but we still plan to go to the library and to pick up the pottery she made. Sure wish we could have gotten him fishing. I know he would love to go if someone else could take him. It will be fun to have him here. Joey

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  4:40:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello.
It's been so much fun to read about this little Blue Bear's adventures. If he isn't too tired, I'd love for him to
visit me in NJ. My daughter would like to have him sing in her children's choir. Please let me know if there's
still a chance for a visit and I will email you my address.
Sending a big "bear" hug...

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  12:42:26 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely Jenny! I'd love to put you on the list for blue bear to visit. I'm so glad that I'm starting to hear from more people. I thought Blues trip would be pretty sweet but brief trip. Here's hoping he still gets more Host families. While out on his journey.

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  08:01:17 AM  Show Profile
So cute! When I explained this to my daughter (12) she said, "You
mean like when I was in kindergarten?" and I said yes. She scrunched
her face and said, "Well, can I take him out with me?" Just proves you're
never too old to play with teddy bears! Thanks for this nostalgic opportunity!

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Traveling Bear - Home Again! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page