Page: of 15

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  1:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, Shannon for the list! I am so sorry to hear about your family s loss. (Hugs!) ~Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

"Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  6:22:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shannon,
Sorry for your loss. Thinking of you!

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  09:04:27 AM  Show Profile
My dearest pen pals, I have not forgotten all of you, though I have fallen quite behind in responding to your letters. Things here are not going well at all. I have learned that I have a mass on my adrenal gland, a mass on my liver, an enlarged heart, an enlarged liver, and numerous abdominal cysts. I meet with a surgeon on the 1st to discuss the removal of the mass on my adrenal gland and need to discuss the other mass with my primary care doctor (the surgeon specializes in endocrinology, so she would not be removing the one on my liver). To top everything off, my hubby needs another surgery on his back, to implant a spinal cord stimulator. Please be patient with me and I will try to respond soon!!!!
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1744 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1744 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  10:23:31 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for the surgeries you will need. God will hold you in his hands to get through these many things. Keep us posted.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

blessedhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tina
West Virginia
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  09:51:01 AM  Show Profile
If this penpal thread is still going, I'd like to be added please.
Hi~
My name is Tina.I am a Christian wife and mom in my early 40's from Ohio.My dh and I have 4 kids ages 21,16,12, and 4 and one on the way!We are a homeschooling family.I enjoy reading,crafting,baking,cross-stitch and papercrafts. I would love to have a penpal or 2 with similar interests to share letters,recipes, and mail art,etc.I would love to have another penpal from the Southern USA(particularly the deep south) but if you are not from there that is okay,too. We still may be a perfect match.If you are interested, please message me at tinsel71@yahoo.com ~(My email linked to MJF account doesn't exist anymore) Thanks!

~Tina

My main blog~ http://frontierhome.blogspot.com

My food blog~
http://mysimplenorthernkitchen.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  10:27:49 AM  Show Profile
Tina, if you PM me your address, I'll add you to the list I send out to everyone on here, and send you that list as well. I think you will truly enjoying getting to know the ladies in this penpal group!!!
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  3:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
I would love to be inluded on this list if possible.
My name is Kathleen and I love doing things the "old" way as I learned from my dear grandmother.
I am mom to three grown daughters and grandma to ten (all but one are boys) and one great-granddaughter. I was SAHM and sewed the girls clothes, grew a garden and canned most of our food. These days I have turned our yard into a mini-farm to raise our food. We have chickens for eggs and will be getting goats in March for milk, and rabbits for meat. I still sew, quilt, scrapbook, knit and crochet, preserve our food and bake our bread, and do more.

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447

http://hennypennyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  4:04:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kathleen! PM me your address and I'll get you added :) The ladies in this group are lovely :)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  4:47:08 PM  Show Profile
Tina - I received your address and added you to the list. As soon as I get Kathleen's information, I will send everyone the new list :)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  06:48:49 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! Your newest updated list of pen pals has been sent out, with Tina and Kathleen added. Merry Christmas to each of you :)
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  07:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Shannon. I received the list. Merry Christmas to you and all the farmgirl sisters.

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447

http://hennypennyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

jennyven
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Jennifer
FORT SMITH NT
Canada
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  3:40:54 PM  Show Profile
I would love to be added to the list as well. :)

I am a stay at home, home schooling mama of five. My kids are 8, 7, 5, 2, and 8 months (soon to be 9, 7, 6, 3, and the baby). I live in Canada's Northwest Territories. I enjoy the outdoors, gardening, travel, sewing, crafting, reading, blogging, home schooling, Downton Abbey (& many other BBC series), Jane Austen, and home design/decorating (hobby only!).

"It is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us." ~ Mary Engelbreit
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  09:03:46 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer - if you send me your personal address (PM me), I'll add you to the list! You sound a lot like myself with the kids :) My kids are 10, 8, 6, 5 today, 2, and almost 7 mo. Oh - I just noticed you are new on the forums - if you click my "red name," it will take you to my profile, and then click "send message." When I reply, there is a chance it may go to your junk mail, so you may want to keep an eye on that as well. I check my junk mail every day or two now, as it seems that about half the messages go there... haven't figured out why yet!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jennyven
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Jennifer
FORT SMITH NT
Canada
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  1:47:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Shannon! Happy 5th birthday to your little one! :)

"It is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us." ~ Mary Engelbreit
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  3:21:28 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer - Awwwww thank you! I told her and she got the biggest cheesiest grin on her face :)

The newest list has been sent out - let me know if you need the list as an e-mail rather than an attachment!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

kkprice
True Blue Farmgirl

301 Posts

Karen
Davisburg MI
USA
301 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  1:50:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I would love some more Farmgirl friends! Please sign me up on the pen pal list! I just turned 52 yesterday, I'm married with two children in college. I will soon be moving to the country again and will add goats and donkey to my two dogs and two chickens. I love to read -- mostly mysteries, I do all sorts of crafts, enjoy canning and preparing good meals for my family. I'm working hard at losing weight -- I'm down 20 pounds with many more to go. I delight in building friendships with people from all over the place, all ages, faiths and ladies at all ages.

Karen

DreamsofDandelionsandChickens.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  6:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Karen - PM me your information and I will add you to the list :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

teckelhut
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Sussie
Deschutes Junction Oregon
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  8:10:54 PM  Show Profile
I am a 52 year old widow who lives on a farm of my own that I tend to by myself. I have dogs (dachshunds and border collies) , chickens, goats, horses, rabbits, a couple of cats and a couple of exotic birds. I live in Oregon. If you would like to write to me that would be wonderful, just keep in mind that I am an EXTREME dog lover so you WILL be hearing about my dogs.

Sussie of Teckelhut Acres
Heritage Chickens
Meat and Show Rabbits
Certified Naturally Raised
Certified Humane
Deschutes Junction, OR
Farm Sister #5781

Edited by - teckelhut on Mar 03 2014 8:12:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2014 :  07:21:59 AM  Show Profile
Sussie - PM me your information and I will add you to the list :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

teckelhut
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Sussie
Deschutes Junction Oregon
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2014 :  7:48:34 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hudsonsinaf

Sussie - PM me your information and I will add you to the list :)

~ Shannon

Will do!

Sussie of Teckelhut Acres
Heritage Chickens
Meat and Show Rabbits
Certified Naturally Raised
Certified Humane
Deschutes Junction, OR
Farm Sister #5781
Go to Top of Page

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  09:45:58 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join the Pen Pal list.

I am a Christian woman. I will be 42 in May and live in a suburb of Memphis TN. I moved here in January 2014 after living in rural Alabama for several years. I only know a couple of people here and would love to make new friends all over the country. I do not have any children, well - only my 4 legged one, Coco the crazy Cocker Spaniel. I love to read, enjoy crafting and art projects however I am my worse critic.

hudsonsinaf - Shannon - sending you a PM with me address info.

Make Today Count (MTC) :-)

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  11:50:01 AM  Show Profile
Sussie and Kristi - I have added you guys to the list :) Karen - still eating for your information. Everyone else - you should have received an updated list. As always, if you need it in an e-mail rather than an attachment, just let me know. Happy writing :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

jerseygirlsue
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Susan
Mantua New Jersey
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  6:09:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi All!
It's been a while since I have been on at all. It was suggested by one of our farm sisters that I give this a try. Sounds like a good idea. Farmgirl mail . . . I think I can handle that. lol.
I am 54 on Saturday. I have 4 children 34, 32, 29 and 12. The first are all boys and the last is my daughter. We have 6 grandchildren. I live in southern Jersey in the suburbs. My dream is about 5 acres with a log house and lots of animals.
Anyway, I love sewing, cooking, baking, gardening and some crafting.
I am also a Christian woman still learning of God's great love for us. Sometimes I am so full of the Holy Spirit that I can feel His arms around me.
Well just like many of you I sure could use a few good friends so . . . I would love to give this a try. Thank you.
God Bless, Susan
Go to Top of Page

jerseygirlsue
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Susan
Mantua New Jersey
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  11:01:36 AM  Show Profile
Shannon,
I would just like to say that your name is on my prayer list now. I just went back and read more carefully some of the messages. I know the Lord holds you in His arms to give you peace just when you need it. Thank you for all that you do. I don't think we realize how much so many of us have in common.
God Bless You,
Susan, Farmgirl Sister #2555
Go to Top of Page

ShabinLife
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Janelle
Addy WA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  3:03:03 PM  Show Profile
I am a Christian mom of seven kids ages 14-30, and two grandsons, ages 2 and 8. I homeschooled all my kids until high school, and am now thrilled to be able to homeschool my 8 year old grandson. I am a midwife, and I would count catching babies as one of my hobbies! I also enjoy any forgotten arts, such as canning, basket making, soap making, sewing, and that sort of thing. I'm not really good at any of those arts yet, but am learning. My husband and I have a huge garden and a few dwarf fruit trees and berry bushes. We are working toward the goal of being able to grow all our own food. I am also on the path to living off-grid (my husband and I are building our cabin together) and minimalist living (hard to do!). I would love to hear from any farm sisters of any age!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Pen Pal - New Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page