DeniseMGM
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Denise
WI
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  8:47:16 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to join in too. I love getting "real" letters and I enjoy writing them, but all my former writing buds have taken to Facebook for sending messages. Boo! I'm a mom to three kids, I work part-time teaching English, I love textiles, and I like to travel. Baking and cooking comes in spurts. I'm a power walker in the summer, but I've been cooped up during this frigid winter. Cleaning is low on my list, but I'm not a slob! And I love learning new things.

Shannon - will PM you now. Thanks.

Denise - Farmgirl #1976

www.lionsdaughter.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

tracie p
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Tracie
Weeki Wachee Fl
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  06:28:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, I'm new here and would love a pen pal! I have fond memories of writing letters to my pen pal in Michigan when I was in 5th grade. I'm 33, I have a fantastic boyfriend and delightful cat, and we are living in a tiny canned ham trailer in Florida right now while I try to pursue my dream of being an artist. What I've been up to besides art: I'm trying to cook something decent in a cardboard and tin foil solar oven I made (so far I've done a great job half-cooking sweet potatoes and brownies!), I enjoy running and being in nature. For art: I do printmaking (linocut, woodcut, letterpress, and etching) and I draw quirky family portraits.

I love learning from all sorts of women, any age, working on any type of projects.

I'll likely send little doodles and artwork along with my letters.

People You May Meet
Hand-drawn custom portraits & quirky gifts
etsy.com/shop/PeopleYouMayMeet
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  06:56:03 AM  Show Profile
the most updated list has been sent out. if you do not get it, please please please let me know and we will figure it out :) Also, if you need it in a different way, other than as an attachment, please let me know :) Happy Writing! :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Crow
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Peggy
Millinocket Maine
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2014 :  3:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Please add me too :) I didn't know anyone wrote actual letters anymore and it would be so much fun to get one and send one ( or two or three). I am 57 and I live in North Central Maine. I knit and crochet and am an avid bookworm. I used to paint when I had time and I enjoy quite a few different handwork crafts. My kids are grown and I have one grandchild and I would love to hear from any Farm Sister of any age. :)

Choose Joy :)
Go to Top of Page

stamper
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

5 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2014 :  10:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Send stamper a Yahoo! Message
Hello, I am Kelli. My kids our grown but still live close. I have 5 grandchildren and work for a Doctor. My husband and I just bought a 5th wheel.Yeh!!! I love doing crafts. I can do a lot of stuff but I don't think any of it is very good!LOL I would love to make new friends and I am open for what ever! Just let me know!!! Thanks Sisterhood # 5849
Go to Top of Page

stamper
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

5 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2014 :  10:12:25 AM  Show Profile  Send stamper a Yahoo! Message
Hello ! I am Kelli I have 4 children and 5 grandchildren. My kids all live close so I am still pretty active in their life's...as much as they will let me...LOL. My husband am I just bought our first 5th wheel!!! Yeh! I love doing all kinds of crafts and love to learn. I really want to make new friends and I am open for what ever!!! My Sisterhood # 5849 my e- mail is kelliwadsworth22@ yahoo.com. Please include me Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2014 :  2:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Peggy and Kelli - Please send me your address via personal message, and I'll add you both to the list. Thank you ladies :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Crow
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Peggy
Millinocket Maine
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  05:19:33 AM  Show Profile
Shannon I have sent mine to you twice through the forum here and it keeps coming back to my email as a wrong address :(

Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  1:54:42 PM  Show Profile
I have so been wanting a pen pal !!! I just talked this weekend with Mama about how incredibly wonderful I felt receiving a card in the mail from the Easter Swap. It sounded sad to say how special it felt to ME.......but not as sad as sounds ! :-) It's just that family and friends either e-mail, call, or come by for birthdays, etc or just send me a text !!! I MISS actual MAIL in the mailbox !!!
please SIGN ME UP :-)
FG name is HunnysHen......real spelling is Jami
I am a Christain wife, Mama to my miracle 1 child (son), and now a brand new Memaw(a precious Girl) !!!!! (Memaw is Southern for Grandma for some that have already asked ) ha.......... She will be 1yr the end of this month. My Hunny has been w/ the Airline for 25+ years. We own our home....PAID FOR !!!! yaaaaay.......... on a couple acres. We have a decent little garden going now and I have really been thinking about trying our hands at chickens :-) Open to all advice !
I am a die-hard scrapbooker and photographer. I love to travel/vacation w/ my family and in-laws too! I love to hike and be in nature especially in late Fall. On my travel list in next 2 years is Yellowstone and Alaska !!! I love to read 4-5 books at a time and love to decorate and do crafts as well. I have always wanted to try to do a quilt on my own.........this seems a perfect place to learn . Hope to hear from many soon...............I'll be watching my mailbox with total anticipation :-)

Edited by - HunnysHen on Apr 14 2014 4:00:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  5:03:12 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - eeeek! Not sure why!!!!! My email address is hudsonsinaf at hotmail dot com

So if you three ladies could send me an e-mail with your addresses, I'll add you to the list and send everyone the updated list! So sorry about the issues!!!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Crow
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Peggy
Millinocket Maine
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  05:33:21 AM  Show Profile
Will do Shannon!

Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  3:40:19 PM  Show Profile
FOR EVERYONE...........................
I have successfully been able to get my new/correct username.......thanx to THE WONDERFUL BRIAN !!!!!!
Anyone that has had any exchange partnering or posts from me in the past, plaese take note of the change. ONLY my username has changed......all else is the same :-) I was previously Farmgirl Jayemi and now am HunnysHen !

thanx so much
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  3:41:24 PM  Show Profile
I haven't recieved an email/address list ? I have emailed Shannon, but just wanna make sure Im not doing anything wrong :-)
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  4:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I have sent several as well. I maaaaay know part of the problem. I was reading her response where she said her email ended @hotmail, but when we click to send her an email, it just shows her name w/0 any ending to email address. does anyone else see it the same or think this could be why she's not getting our emails !
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  8:30:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Shannon! Could you add me to the list? I am the farm girl who started the old pen-pal thread. I had babies and got too busy to keep up with it...so happy you have started it up again! I am 32 years old. I have 2 sons ages 3 and 5. I am happily married and we are followers of Jesus Christ. We live in a neighborhood for now, but have a five year plan to build on land with a Creek and have chickens and possibly an alpaca or goat. I will respond to all letters :-)

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/

Edited by - BarnChickCecily on Apr 15 2014 06:29:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Crow
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Peggy
Millinocket Maine
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  04:38:06 AM  Show Profile
Jamii glad you posted. I haven't had two minutes to think lately and had forgotten about this thread. If you look up higher in the posts you will see that Shannon gave us her email address so we don't have to pm her here. I had completely forgotten to do it.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  5:29:34 PM  Show Profile
Sorry guys - I was trying to wait until everyone who recently wanted to be added sent me their info..... but with that said, I will go ahead and send out the list here in just a few minutes :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  5:38:26 PM  Show Profile
New list has been sent out. Let me know if you have any issues retrieving the attachment :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  8:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Got it Shannon !!! Thanx so much :-) Luv the way ya did the list too !
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  9:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey y'all !
It'd be a great idea for all the pen pals to jump on over to the Farmgirl Birthdays Site and leave your Birthdates.....with or without your year :-)
Take Care & God Bless !
Jami (HunnysHen)
Go to Top of Page

Crow
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Peggy
Millinocket Maine
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  05:19:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks I got my list too :)

Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  3:51:22 PM  Show Profile
Shannon,

If ya could send us all Peggy and Kelli's info on an updated list, would be great, as they're new posts after list went out :-)
thanks
Jami :-)

Farmgirl Sister # 5876
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  06:21:23 AM  Show Profile
Jami - Peggy's information should be on the last penpal list you received, as was Cecily's. If you did not receive it, please let me know. As of yet, I have not received Kelli's mailing address. I will send her bother e-mail to see if she will send it to me. That is why she is not on the list yet.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  09:40:10 AM  Show Profile
Shannon,

Please sign me up for this. I love to do just about every craft out there. I love any and all history, I love to bake and I love to get to know my fargirl sisters better. I am a compete book nut and devour books and I also love to go to thrift stores and yard sales (I call it treasure hunting).

thank you,
hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Marcy on Apr 26 2014 05:22:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  10:59:42 AM  Show Profile
Marcy - So glad you want to join! Please send me your mailing address in a PM and I'll get you added :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Pen Pal - New Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page