True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  08:45:41 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join!

I love good old mail and don't use it enough. I'm a 31 year old Christian SAHM of 3, ages 7/5/2. I recently moved out to the country from a city neighborhood. I love living here, and me and my husband are slowly adding more self-sufficiency into our life. Garden expanding, plans for chickens, maybe goats after that. I make most of my food from scratch including all of our bread. I homeschool, sew, crochet, cross stitch, paint, draw, cook, mosaic, make wine, and generally dabble in almost anything crafty. I also love fairies, mermaids, reading, and gypsy style. Can't wait to get started!!

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

May my heart be kind, my mind fierce and my spirit brave. - Kate Forsyth
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  09:24:47 AM  Show Profile
Erin - we would love to have you join us! If you could please PM me your mailing address, I'll get you on the list and send it out to everyone :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  3:54:39 PM  Show Profile
The latest updated pen pal list has been sent out, with Erin added. Please let me know if you do not receive it!!!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Stephmac
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Stephanie
Il
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  11:42:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi. I hope I'm not to late to join in. I am a stay at home mom. We have six children ages, 23,21,18,15,15 and 5. My husband and I farm. I enjoy reading, sewing, crocheting, knitting, gardening and canning and baking.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  5:24:18 PM  Show Profile
Jami asked me if I would like to check out this Swap and be a Pen Pal with her. I decided to accept.

I'm a Christian mother of 3 grown children and grandmother to 2 grown grand children. (20 and 24) I also have 2 step-grandchildren. My husband is a retired teacher and we live in the country. We garden and can a lot of our own food. I like to sew, knit, crochet, cross stitch, embroider, and do just about any other needle craft out there. Reading lots of books is a must. Love to read. One of my sons is in the military. Some of my favorite things are flowers, vintage items, fairies, cast iron items, buttons, and yarns. I'm also learning to play the piano. Looking forward to joining in with all of you.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  6:53:01 PM  Show Profile
I received your information Brenda :)

Stephanie would you please pm me your mailing address?

As soon as I hear from Stephanie, I will update the list and get it out to everyone :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2014 :  5:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Updated list has been e-mailed to everyone :) Enjoy writing :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  12:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Very interested!

I am a homeschooling mom of 2 girls (8,11 yo) and we live on a 15 acre farm. We raise chickens, veggies, and a bit of fruit. I love to garden, cook, can, craft, sew, knit, crochet....pretty much anything that is 'Farm Girly', lol.

I love life, I love to have fun (the good and clean kind! :D ), and I love to learn something new every day. I currently do the following: sell children's books, I'm a bookkeeper for my husband, an educator for my kids, and on top of that I do all the other things that being a mom and farm wife require! Yes, I must stay busy all of the time, lol. Would love to hear from you.

Amanda

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  2:05:48 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Amanda! The latest list has been e-mailed out to everyone. If for some reason you do not receive it, or cannot open the attachment, please let me know!!!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2014 :  08:28:41 AM  Show Profile
Shannon
I need updated list please....I dont have Amanda and another.
thanx & hugs......
Jami

w/ TEXAS SIZE Farmgirl HUGS !
Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2014 :  12:13:48 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to do this, is there a minimum of how often we are supposed to mail stuff out? And do we send stuff to a different person each time? Just curious.

About me, I am a Christian, military wife, homeschool mom of almost 4 (baby due in Feb) who is currently living in Germany. I love many types of crafts and we hope to own a small farm some day!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2014 :  3:37:01 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina - There is not a minimum or any requirements really - Send me your mailing address in a PM, and I will add you to the list. Then, I will send everyone the updated list and you can write anyone you wish :) On a different note - how lovely it must be to live in Germany! My hubby retires in just over two years and we have never lived overseas. I think it is fantastic that your children have the opportunity to experience a different culture first handed!!!

Jami - I don't know why my e-mails do not get through to you when I send a mass e-mail :( I will resend it to you as soon as I get Sabrina's information :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2014 :  6:06:09 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, Please add me to your list also. I will em my address. Thank you.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  10:38:35 AM  Show Profile
I sent my info thanks! If anyone is wondering sending me a letter is just like sending it in the states, its just a regular stamp, no extra postage or anything and you don't put the country on the address (you will see the address when she sends it). Anything that is not flat does require a customs forms (sometimes they even require it for a card with a ribbon or decoration) but still costs the same as mailing something within the states :).

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2014 :  8:18:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirl Friends.
I am just turned 66 yrs, married 41 yrs. to my best friend. We have two children (boy and girl). Each married with 3 children. We have 6 grandchildren (only one grandson) and 2 great grand daughters with another due 11/22/14. They all live close by. We live on 10 acres, in the woods. I am retired 3 yrs. and DH retired 6. I love to travel the USA. I am having lots of fun with tracing family right now. I have many interests: easy level-knitting, crochet, tatting, quilting, weaving, growing and using herbs and flowers. Cooking, canning, jelly making, multiple-crafts. My fave color is midnight blue, although I surround myself with and work with mostly earth tones (fall colors). I love paper crafts. Kind of a home-body. Always love to learn new things; and, read a lot. Mysteries and history and just about anything. We don't currently have pets;but, always have birds and animals hanging around....deer, turkeys, song birds, fox, the neighbor's cats and dogs. lol. Can't wait to have someone new to write to.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Oct 23 2014 8:21:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2014 :  07:06:52 AM  Show Profile
Latest list is sent out! Let me know if you do not receive it :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Pizzarita
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Rita
Monroeville NJ
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  6:47:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls. I am new to the pen pal connection and love to get friendly mail. I am married to DH for 32 years and have 4 grown children-no grandchildren yet. We live on a small farm and used to raise sheep but now just vegetables. I have a soft spot for all animals and have cared for all kinds. I like outdoor activities, crafting, sewing, knitting and love to go to auctions and consignment stores. Looking forward to sharing letters.

Rita
Farmgirl Sister #6110
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  07:41:26 AM  Show Profile
I just sent out the newest list :) Jessie - I need your updated e-mail address though. Thanks :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  3:59:08 PM  Show Profile
Sorry I'm latr to the party. I would love to be added but winder if there is anyone on the lost who isn't already getting a ton of letters? Lol. I don't want to burden anyone by sending a letter.

Anyway...

I am a 41 y/o Christian wife and just celebrated my 10th anniversary. My husband and I have 3 kids, one is adopted but I forget which one ;-). We have also been foster parents for the last 4 years with the desire to add 2 more kids to the quiver. We both work FT outside the home but somehow we make it work! We will put a contract on 5 acres tomorrow with the plans to start a small-scale farm. Glad to be here!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  2:50:40 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, thank you for sending out the updated list!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  4:35:26 PM  Show Profile
Asiyah - if you would please send me your personal mailing address (PM me), I'll get you added to the list :) We are always excited to get more friends to write :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Farm Hen
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Shannon
Salmon Idaho
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  9:11:47 PM  Show Profile
I would like to be added to the list also. I live on a ranch w/dh and own a small store in town. I am a mother to 2 with 4 grandchildren. I am an artist that loves to try new mediums and love to craft anything. I live in rural Idaho and God and Family are first. Home to many animals large and small.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  05:54:20 AM  Show Profile
Shannon - If you will PM me your mailing address, I will add you to the list :)

Asiyah - I received your e-mail and once I get Shannon added, I will send out the newest updated list including you both :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Pen Pal - New Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page