midnitesun
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Michelle
Lone Oak Texas
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2015 :  9:13:21 PM  Show Profile
I don't think I ever got the pen pal list, or got any letters form any one. I promise to write back.

Michelle
Bent River Alpacas
Lone Oak, Hunt County, Texas
www.bent-river-alpacas.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  05:53:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi all :) The new list has been sent out. Welcome Debbie!!! :) So glad to have you join us!

Jami and Michelle - I double checked and it has been sent to both of you as well :) It has been titled "Updated List." If you do not get it, you might want to double check your junk or bulk mail. I have a separate group set up on my e-mail account for those in the penpal group so it goes to everyone at once... this may cause it to go in your junk/bulk mail as "spam".

I sent it both ways again... as a pdf and a doc. If you still cannot open, or do not get it, please let me know and I'll do my best to rectify it!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Mar 05 2015 05:54:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  06:44:28 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join if Time still allows! Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  08:28:39 AM  Show Profile
Maryellen - We would love to have you join us - and there is always time, as this is ongoing :) If you could please post something about yourself on here, as well as send me your mailing address, I will get you added :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

midnitesun
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Michelle
Lone Oak Texas
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  11:01:38 AM  Show Profile
I got it this time. Thanks. I will start writing once I m back in town from a family emergency.

Michelle
Bent River Alpacas
Lone Oak, Hunt County, Texas
www.bent-river-alpacas.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  11:23:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh Michelle! Praying everything is alright!!! Be safe in your travels!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2015 :  5:38:20 PM  Show Profile
My name is Maryellen. I live in a small town in North Carolina. I am a Christian wife and mother and Mimi. Together my husband and I have 7 daughters and 1 son. They are all married except 2 daughters. One of those 2 daughters is engaged to be married in May and the baby 23 just graduated college and lives at home. I am so blessed to have 15 grandchildren. I love crafting of any kind. Sewing/quilting/embroidery/crochet/knit/paper crafting/etc. I also love to cook/garden/photography and travel. I really have to many interests! Oh my I forgot reading one of my favorites. Look forward to getting to know you. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2015 :  5:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Maryellen - so happy to have you join us. I replied to your e-mail.

Ladies - I will work on updating the list and getting it sent out again tomorrow or Wednesday. If I forget, please someone remind me!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2015 :  7:26:54 PM  Show Profile
Yay! More friends!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2015 :  06:56:14 AM  Show Profile
The updated Penpal List has been sent out :)

Also - I mentioned this in my e-mail, but I want to address it here as well. A few have said they are not receiving responses... I too have not received letters in quite some time... though this could be due to the time I was "out of it" after surgery and never responded myself... but if you no longer want to be part of this "swap" please let me know... everyone's desires change and I completely understand that! It is difficult to know who to write though, when you are not sure if you will get a response.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2015 :  5:58:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the updates Shannon. I've been swamped the last two weeks. However, I plan to answer my pen pals real soon! Like-this week, hopefully! Thanks for the jog!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  6:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Ok. So I've decided that I'm just going to write probably everyone. :-) If you have written to me in the past and I didn't respond I'm sincerely sorry. I usually put any letters on my kitchen table and I don't know if I clean the table and put them in my room or desk but I never find them. Makes me wonder if there's an elf hiding things from me. LOL!! Will be talking to y'all soon!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  5:10:04 PM  Show Profile
Wish I could keep up with writing to everyone, but it is all I can do to keep up with 3 pen pals for now. Although I will write to anyone that writes to me. Maryellen I got your letter the other day and in the process of answering. It sure is wonderful to get to know other Sisters. There are so many great gals out there.

Farm Girl Hugs to all, Brenda #6218

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  10:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I would love to be included. I am married and love gardening, crocheting, although I know how to knit I am very very slow at it.I also sew, love reading, writing, butterflies, snow, fall, and cooking. Currently I am in college and will graduate within this next year. Yeah! I have been married 6 years and am 58 going on 21. LOL.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

GiGi58
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Gayle
Billings Montana
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2015 :  12:18:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi, everyone! Is it too late to late to sign up for this swap? I would love to be a part of it. There is nothing quite like getting a "real" written letter from someone and someone who can become a lifelong friend. I have spent the last 2 1/2 years taking care of my older sister until she passed away from cancer, and then taking care of my younger sister who is now in an assisted living facility, and also my mother who just passed away on February 3rd of this year. I have been dealing with the loss of so many over the last year and when I got back on MaryJane's Farm, I felt at home once again. I have decided I need to keep my mind busy as I now live alone in the home my grandfather built back in the 1930's, Then my parents lived here. Dad passed away in 1992 and then Mom was the last of the siblings to go and so I am living in that home and now it is my home, but it is quite lonely sometimes.

So, enough of that. I just thought if there were any possibility that I could become a part of this Swap, I would love it. Thank you, in advance for your consideration. I look forward to hearing back from you!
{{HUGS}}

Gayle ((HUGS)!!!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain"
http://gigisdenofuniquewitty.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sisterhood #198
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  09:15:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness I have been such a slacker! Sorry guys!!!!

Becky - Aren't you already on the list!?!? I need to go back and change your address though! While I know I have your new address, can you PM it to me anyway so I can make sure I type it right? And so I stay on top of things, lol (yup - pregnancy brain is getting to me!)

Gayle - I am so sorry to hear the pain in your life over recent years! I will be praying for you! This swap is ongoing - people join and leave all the time. You are welcome to write as many or as few people as you wish! If you will PM me your address, I will add you to the list and then e-mail you everyone's address :)

As I am about to update this list again, ladies, I ask if you do not wish to receive the penpal list any more, please let me know! Thanks everyone :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  11:20:52 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I would love to sign up as a pen pal. I am a Christian wife, 53 years June 30th. I have one son, daughter-in-law and two GRANDDAUGHTERS. We live near each other. We live in the country, a few miles from town. I love to sew, craft, paint, cook, bake, grow roses, and spend time with my hens and roos. I was a school teacher for thirty years. I also managed a lodge and restaurant on Lake Whitney, for some friends, for 18 months. I was babysitter for my grandkids, and then a day care director. For the past five and a half years I have been a substitute teacher. I love sub work. I am a cancer survivor, 5 & 1/2 years.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

Sunkissedpeach
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Sheena
Powder springs Ga
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  07:35:49 AM  Show Profile
This is GREAT! Please sign me up! I am also a Christan sahm the apple of my eye is a 10 year old boy. I love all things vintage, Good books, painting furniture, flea markets, sewing. Not the best cook, and I tend to kill almost ALL flowers but one my GLORIOUS Hydrangeas.

To thine own self be true
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  08:25:40 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn - I received your address :) Of course, I already had it, but this keeps me straight :)

Gayle and Sheena - if you will PM me your addresses I will add you to the list and get an updated list out.

If anyone wishes to be removed, or has a different address, please let me know! We will be moving July 6th, so I will send out another e-mail on that date with our new address... hmmm unless i just write a note on the list... I'll keep you updated on that ;)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  2:49:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Shannon, are you moving a long distance or to a farm?

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  3:20:47 PM  Show Profile
Ha! I wish! Unfortunately, neither. We are only moving about 30 minutes away into a rental, and then putting our house on the market... my neighbor is a little... unstable... and threatened to shoot me for nailing nails into the fence between our properties about 6 weeks ago or so... we don't trust her around the kiddos.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2015 :  11:29:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon, I am so sorry. That is such a burden on you. I pray things will be better very soon. We have a neighbor, a man, who is about our age. His wife recently retired. He is very nice and friendly one day and deeply depressed the next. He is really Into preparedness and no telling what he has brought in. It is a bit of a concern. He has recently acquired a new friend, a younger retired Navy Seal. That guy comes by almost every day and spends a good bit of the day at their place. That is also a concern. Is he feeding the paranoia (so) in our neighbor????
I hope things will be better and you can quickly sell your home.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2015 :  4:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, Look forward to getting the updated list.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2015 :  5:17:54 PM  Show Profile
I am still waiting for an address. Once I get it I will update... or I will update on Tuesday... whichever comes first ;)

~ Shannon

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Jul 02 2015 5:18:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  07:37:11 AM  Show Profile
The updated Penpal list has FINALLY been sent out. We have added Marilyn (TexasGran) and Gayle (Gigi58). Welcome ladies! I have also updated my address.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Pen Pal - New Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page