Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~ Next Topic
Page: of 10

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2013 :  09:23:10 AM  Show Profile
Wow Connie! That pie looks delicious! And what beautiful napkins!

I am making a JackApple Cake and will post pics if I can later :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2013 :  1:32:44 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I would love to see your JackApple Cake! Winnie made the Napkins!
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2013 :  2:20:30 PM  Show Profile
Great job Winnie!

Connie,

Here is a link to the recipe:

http://coldantlerfarm.blogspot.com/2012/10/jackapple-cake.html

Under the What's for Dinner thread I go into more details :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2013 :  2:21:29 PM  Show Profile
Here is a photo of our kitchen window, sorry for the reflection :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2013 :  4:51:50 PM  Show Profile

Here are a few of my decorated spots around my house. I will post a few more another day.

Love your window Connie.

Love seeing ALL THE PICTURES!

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 21 2013 4:53:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2013 :  7:18:37 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, that looks so good, Thanks for the link! I love your and Peggy's pictures!! I am a picture nut! I love taking pictures and seeing everyone's pictures! You both got some great Fall treasures!!! Peggy, Look again, That is Sharon's Window! I wish it were mine! Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Oct 21 2013 7:19:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2013 :  8:23:31 PM  Show Profile

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  3:48:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh WOW! Look at that pie! And Jackapple Cake! It's on my soon-to-make list indeed! Thanks Sharon! I love the decorations, too, Peggy!

Here are just a few glimpses at what little I've been able to pull together recently:

I'm trying!

Have you guys ever heard of or tried A Cheerful Giver Candles? They are so awesome! You just have to read up about the company and check out their products: www.acheerfulgiver.com It is an amazing company, and their candles are wonderful! The Papa Jar Keepers of the Light candles are a full 34 oz - much bigger than Yankee's largest! And less expensive, too! They are made right here in the USA, and the company supports the special needs community by hiring mentally challenged adults as wickers. I swear, the candles smell wonderful, burn cleanly, and I honestly do not think I'll ever go back to Yankee. This company and their products are awesome! You just have to give them a whirl!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  10:27:25 AM  Show Profile
Very nice Nini!!!

Thank you girls for sharing, you ALL bring a smile to my face

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  1:30:30 PM  Show Profile

Here are some more Great Pictures that Shout Fall and Blessings to me....
The only ones I can claim as mine is the first & last one and I took these today.
The Dandelion Shot I love...
The Little Boy Praying is just too precious for words...
And Then some Fall Toad Stools in our yard.

Hope you are all having a Fabulous Fall Day!!

Nini...love your pictures...so pretty!!! They must just warm up your home and make it feel all cozy...I am sure!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 24 2013 1:34:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  04:19:16 AM  Show Profile
Love the pictures, Peggy! Thank you! That dandelion pic is beautiful. And the little boy praying! Oh! Love him! Have you ever seen that episode of "America's Funniest Videos" with the little boy who was sneaking food during his father's dinner blessing? Oh my gosh! Crack me up! Little ones really are just too precious for words! :)

I can't believe we're about to say farewell to October! Where did it go?!

I came across this quote when I was visiting a website Sharon shared with us recently, and just loved it so much, I thought I would share:

"Listen!
The wind is rising,
And the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings:
Now for October Eves!"

- Humbert Wolfe, Poet, 1885 - 1940

Do you all celebrate Trick-Or-Treating? I just saw on the news this morning that they are saying about 30% of Americans are backing out of the celebration this year due to financial constraints resulting from the government shutdown. I'm not sure how true that is, times have been tough for people for a while now. We haven't celebrated with our community in years. Where we live, each community holds their Trick-Or-Treat on different evenings, so parents will drive from town to town on any given night and drop off their children to collect candy from "neighbors" all over the county. Our streets are flooded with teens coming out of the woodwork that night from all over the place - not just local towns. The last year we participated, we went through 30+ bags of candy in a less than an hour. My hubby ran out, bought a few more big bags of the cheap stuff, and then we just gave up. It really took the fun out of the night. And although I do admire little kids who will collect candy for a sick sibling, the teenagers around here seem to all have sick siblings and carry more than one sack. And there are so many adults who participate here, too - it's not just for little kids anymore. And some of the costumes - the majority of them - even for the younger kids are just so inappropriate and/or horrifying, not just for the young ones eyes, but for mine, too. It's just not fun anymore. So now, I just fill those old-fashioned little treat bags full of good things for our neighbor's children and for kids of friends and family, and make a special point to see them personally before the night begins. I miss sitting out and welcoming all the younger children and their parents, but we just can't afford it anymore. Plus, like I said, we've kind of lost heart due to the abuse of local community celebrations. I used to host some awesome costume parties for the children at our former church when I taught Sunday school - I sure miss those days (Patiently looking forward to grandchildren now! LOL!)! Believe it or not, we go Christmas shopping on Halloween now... It's the best night of all to go. The malls echo from the emptiness!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Oct 25 2013 04:25:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  06:48:25 AM  Show Profile
Nini,
Yes, I have heard of Cheerful Giver, they are right in the next town over from me!
In fact my girlfriend works there or used to. Not sure of she is still there or not.
I didn't realize they had a website. Have to come to MJF to hear about them. Thanks for sharing though because I am looking for something and they just might have it!

hugs,
Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 25 2013 06:49:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  09:23:25 AM  Show Profile
Denise - When I went on their site yesterday, they still had a 10% off discount offer that expired October 20th. I called because I wanted to buy some gingerbread candles for Christmas. I explained that I could order similar candles from Yankee on their sale yesterday for 50% off, but the Cheerful Giver candles were bigger and better. I asked if it would be possible for them to extend the 10% offer to me so that I could stick within my budget and buy their candles instead of Yankee. I understood if they couldn't do that, of course, and if they couldn't, I'd just buy the Yankee. Without hesitation she gave me the discount! That is the kind of company they are. I just love them. If I lived close to them like you do, I'd go broke buying up their candles throughout the year. Their Papa jar gets 150 155 hours of burn time, and have an amazing throw. That is so much more burn time than Yankee, and they smell even better, and they're made right here in the USA, AND their cheaper, AND they support the community of those with special needs. I JUST LOVE THEM. I pray they always keep to their principles and always put out a top quality product at a fair price. And I hope and pray for the blessing and prosperity of the entire company. They ROCK! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Oct 25 2013 09:25:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  10:05:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Fall Farm Friends...

I don't want Oct. to be over...it has been so Gorgeous!!! And it is My favorite time of
the year!!! My Birthday Month for one, Bible Study Retreat Month,
The Seasonal Changes are Spectacular, Stellar, and Stunning. Now the Fall leaves are
dancing and spinning all over. I love to go run through them and crunch through them,
this time of year.

Nini...I know what you mean about the Trick or Treating. There isn't a lot done here in
the Neighborhoods anymore because our Churches and our Mall do Trick or Treating, in a
safe environment...for the kids. When I worked at the Mall, Managing The Christian Book
and Gift Store...I would even participate in handing out Candy from My Store. I would
pass out a Cute,Fun Bible Tract and Candy. I always got one or two parents every year
that would tell me how disappointed they were to see The Christian Book Store Participating
in Trick or Treating. My response would always be, "Well, I'm so sorry to offend you but
I will use any event to get the Gospel out to people...young or old." What always cracked
me up...was it would be some dad...taking his kids store to store for trick or treating. LOL

I'm going to go check out that Cheerful Giver site you guys are talking about.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  11:06:04 AM  Show Profile
Amen to that, Peggy! When we did participate, I would carve pumpkins with a Christian theme and decorate with messages that shared that there is an alternative to death and the depths of hell. As a matter of fact, for a couple of years there we had some really funny tombstones in our "graveyard" that really drove that home. I can't begin to tell you how many parents thanked me and appreciated the message. It's just so hard for believers this time of year. Taking control of it and ensuring that it a healthy, wholesome fun celebration is definitely the best thing to do. Regardless of the circumstances, it's always about extending The Love. :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  11:22:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey...I just went on Cheerful Giver's Website and guess what???? I use to carry those Candles in
my Store. I still have a couple of them and you are ALL correct they are sooooooooooooooo much
better than Yankee Candle for smell/pleasure and long lasting. I am broke after doing some early
Christmas shopping...but I am going back on next month and order some of those Adorable Pumpkin
and Beehive Candle Jars.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  11:41:37 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, and I looooooooove those last Pictures you posted! and Happy , Happy Birthday! I posted a greeting for you on your Face Book Wall! Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  11:47:07 AM  Show Profile
OOOOH!! Happy Birthday, Peggy! Happy, Happy Birthday! Love you, sister! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  12:21:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Girls...I am now OLD ENOUGH FOR the Senior Discount on my Train Ticket to Seattle. LOL
My Son and His wife were so excited about that (they always pay for my ticket to come see them)...
I on the other hand NOT SO MUCH!!! But I remind myself...that many People never make it to 62...so,
I should just be thanking The Good Lord for what He has blessed me with. And I wouldn't miss these
years with my Grand Children for anything!!! They are my reward for not killing their parents when
they were little!! LOL

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  12:32:23 PM  Show Profile
LOL!!! PEGGY! HUGS!You do not look 63! Age is a state of Mind, not a number! well, some days I would like My number because I feel 100! LOL!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  2:58:33 PM  Show Profile
Connie...don't make me a year older than I already am. LOL

You are like me...on a good day I feel my age and on a bad day I feel 110! LOL
It's all the Fibro (for me) and MS (for you)....but hey, it's building character
right....cuz we are both Characters!!

What is Miss Hollie doing for her birthday today??? She sure is a beautiful girl. And if
that was your mom pictured with her...I now see where you ladies get your pretty faces from.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  4:59:34 PM  Show Profile
Wish Cheerful Giver made beeswax candles. Looking for a place besides Etsy that does.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  6:03:04 PM  Show Profile
Me, too, Denise... I've seen them on ebay, but haven't purchased any because you just really don't know what you're getting.

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  6:09:52 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, happy Birthday again! LOL! you don't look 62! Ditto! exactly what you said, Yes, that is my mom ,Mary. She is 74. I took after my dad's side(the Lemenzes) My brother has that dark hair like my mom, I have dirty dishwater brown! I always wanted Black hair! My Holly went to Nashville for the weekend, to a concert and the American Pickers store, she wanted to spend her Birthday money there!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  6:11:53 PM  Show Profile
Nini, Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures! I just love , love, love! pictures!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Gathered Up: Previous Topic ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~ Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page