Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Surprise, you have twins...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Surprise, you have twins... Next Topic  

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  2:56:18 PM  Show Profile
and no one was pregnant??!!, I turn the livestock loose every morn from the barns first thing, then a few times a week I drive the grandkids to the school bus stop, like I did this morn. Comeing back down the drive and I see one of my nubian does with that distinctive look of momma pleasure on her face, and realize there are a baby butt on either side with wagging tails, so i stop and jump the fence and ask sweet Unice where did these come from, and I know without question they are not hers, cause we just sold off and butchered her triplets a month or so ago, but she still has enough milk to strip out once a day, so they are 2 girls, of very mixed heritages, I'm guessing mostly spanish srub goats, maybe 2 weeks old, very thin, but other wise healthy...so I move unice and her 2 new adopted babies up to the barn , to a stall that is goat proof/safe, with a goat proof/save turn-out, and settle them in...called around, and no one seems to know anything about them, figured someone dumped them in my pasture, I guess I'll keep them till I can figure out what to do with them,lol...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  5:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Wow! We've had cats show up at our farm, but I can not believe someone would drop off baby goats!!! What a surprise that must have been!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  5:50:29 PM  Show Profile
heather, I have cats dumped out here all the time, I trap them, take them into the vet, have blood drawn, spay or neuther and then while still under, have the vet notch an ear, that way I know they have already been taken care of, anf just let them live out their days, in the barns

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  8:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Wow thats crazy Tina. I hope you figure this mystery out. Please let us know if you do.It will be interesting to find out how they got there. It sure is sweet your doe has excepted them and is being such a good mama to them. She sounds like a super mama doe.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Oct 10 2013 8:19:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  2:35:40 PM  Show Profile
well the tragic news is, that someone dumped the doe and her triplets in my pasture, mamma and 1 kid were found dead at the fare end, about 2 acres away this morn, they were pretty starved, buried them, the 2 survivers are doing great, no problems , eating like pigs, we are supplement bottle feeding them also, till their weight is up...Oh, and by the way my 7 yr old neice has claimed them, she named them "Spot" and Spots", now wait for it...............1 has one spot, and the other has many spots, LOL, so wish us luck...

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  5:59:44 PM  Show Profile
That is so sad :( I don't understand how people can do that. Glad to hear the other 2 are doing well. I do love the names your niece came up with. We had our last calf of the season the first. It was a red and white Holstein bull. My 4 year old niece wanted to name him brownie. I asked her why since he's red. Her reply "I love brownies. They're yummy." In her defense we do have a cow named chocolate and we had twins a few years ago - one was black & white and the other was red & white so we named them peanut butter and jelly.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  4:50:24 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear how they ended up there Tina. That is so sad. It was good of you to take them in and care for them. Cute names......I have a doe called Dottie and her baby is called Baby Spottie. Yep they have spots.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  06:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Awww... Tina! That IS so tragic. And yet such a beautiful testimony to the power of love. I'm so grateful that you're taking care of the "Spots" (how adorable!) and that Unice has become a loving mother to them. I can't help but wonder if maybe the person who left them on your property knew you'd be a good, loving mama. It wasn't at all fair for him to have done that, but obviously he couldn't care for them the way they needed and cared enough to find someone who would do the right thing. Times are so hard, people are desperate. You are definitely a blessing of light in the darkness! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Surprise, you have twins... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page