Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Beginning to think my little farm is cursed.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Beginning to think my little farm is cursed. Next Topic
Page: of 2

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  11:14:07 AM  Show Profile
I know it sounds a bit dramatic - but I am seriously beginning to think so.
We bought the farm in July 2005. Later that summer we had a limb fall and go thru the roof. We had a whole new roof put on. Within days of the roofer finishing, we had a crazy rain storm and the brand new roof began leaking. We had the guy come back out and he put roofing tar all over the brand new shingles - didn't stop leaking.

We sued and, after 4 years, won. We put a new roof on ourselves and found that the roofer before had put the skylight in upside down. We also found this old table top in the rafters. My husband threw it on the burn pile. (More on that later)

My husband's lawn mowing company failed.
I had a fallout with a dear friend and we've never really made up. We are still cordial, but it's definitely not the same.
We had a zero turn mower stolen.
We had someone try to steal our utility vehicle and reels of fence wire.
The pump quit.
Pipes froze.
One of our perfectly healthy dogs died.
I lost my job of 9 years.
Our house burned down.
Our plow truck burned up.
Our horse barn had a tree go thru the roof in a storm.
Several of our breeding rabbits died.
I had 23 baby chicks die at one time.
We had 2 calves die within a few days of each other.
The last 2 years our gardens have failed miserably.
One of my son's pigeons died.
We thought we had plenty of firewood, but it only lasted 2 months. We had 3x more than we had last year and it's all gone. (I personally think someone was taking it and I think I know who it was, but alas I have no proof)

And now, the one year old heating system in our house tried to catch fire yesterday. Had we not been home - it could have been 2011 all over again. I am grateful though, that whatever powers are at work waited until after we came home from vacation to have the freak out.

And after having a very colorful conversation with the HVAC folks, we are getting a brand new system that is not the same model as this system.

All of this has happened over the course of 9 years.
Now I realize that when you have livestock - some of them are going to die - that's part of it. I also know that bad things happen, but this is ridiculous.

I have been doing some checking on the family that lived there before and know they were very religious except for the son. He was supposedly into some dark stuff. Perhaps that table top was something he used. Perhaps we angered something by burning it. I really don't know but I really want things to settle down. I had such a sick feeling in my stomach yesterday thinking I was going to lose my home to fire again. We have also had some unexplainable things happen inside the house. Like what you ask - Seeing movement out of the corner of the eye and there's nothing there. Doors open and no one is near - not even an animal. Strange flashes of light in rooms nobody is in. The damper closing in the chimney for no reason.
Taking my shoes off in one place and finding them somewhere else when I want to put them back on. (Thought the dogs were messing with me on that one, but my dogs don't eat shoes, just cat poo) Feeling strange breezes in the house - the one last night at 4 a.m. scared me - it woke me up it was so cold. I seriously thought there were windows open. It lasted 2-3 minutes then completely disappeared and the room was warm. I couldn't go back to sleep.

Oh and the dead rabbit I found in the barn. The ears were beside the hide and hide was void of any blood or meat except for the head and feet. It looked like it had been skinned right in front of my horses. After I found that - I couldn't get the horses to go in the barn even with a bribe of feed for almost 2 weeks. I don't know of any animal that will skin a rabbit and leave the hide with no holes or tears or blood. The only cut in the hide was right down the middle. There weren't even any chew marks on the ears where they were severed from the head. I finally asked my husband if he or our son had killed a rabbit and skinned it and he said neither had.

I have tried to debunk every occurrence, but some things I just cannot explain. We started talking about ghosts and what not and he finally admitted he had had some experiences too. He never told me because he was a skeptic and blew it off. He said after he saw someone or something walk from our room, turn and go down the hall then back into our bedroom he was convinced. He said he thought it was me at first then realized I was asleep in bed. He had been up watching TV in the living room when it happened.

I am to the point that if things don't settle and go back to our version of 'normal', I am going to sell the farm and move somewhere else.

I am going to have the house blessed and see if that helps. My next step is to do a cleansing. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I will gladly read and consider all.

Oh and it looks like a circuit board can stop a TRANE.

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  1:44:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow!
MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  4:53:41 PM  Show Profile
I can imagine you are very spooked, BUT!! You don't have to be afraid of a curse, or any evil force. If you believe they are possible, you should also believe God is more powerful than any negative force that may inhabit your farm. Pray, ask God to remove any curses, evil, etc. and then believe He will do it.
Be very sure to be watchful and continue your prayers. Be safe, be blessed.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  4:58:00 PM  Show Profile
you can do several things on your own, 1 is, in a very stern voice, tell the spirits that they are no longer welcome, this is your house now, begone, and never return, 2 is make a bundle of sage that is dry, but not powdery,light the end, blow flames out and walk thru the house , and smoke every single room, closets, cabinets, etc,,,you also can do this with your barns and out buildings, find a white owl feather and tuke it behind your fireplace mantle, blessings only work if everyone involved believes...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2014 :  07:09:42 AM  Show Profile
I am going to try everything I can.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  12:19:33 PM  Show Profile
Having the house and farm blessed is a good thing. And pray that Satan and/or any evil will be gone in the name of Jesus Christ. Do this often. And pray yourself that your confidence and well being will be restored. I have to admit, that is a lot of things that happened! I pray that your new year will be blessed all around.

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  08:50:27 AM  Show Profile
Another thought came to mind as I read your post. I would consider buying one of those game cams at walmart for around 60 dollars and hide it in your barn and move it around to different places. Maybe you could see what was doing things like skinning a rabbit. You may have neighbors messing with you and doing some of this stuff.
We use a gamecame here to watch the coming and going of our driveway. Its amazing how well those things work. Just try to camaflouge it so no one sees it and don't tell anyone that you have one. Its just a thought and blessing the house and asking for the Lords help is a wonderful idea for sure.I agree with everyone on that.

Good luck and be safe.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  5:09:11 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like someone called up something that never left. If you think you may be dealing with a demon it is best to have your friendly neighborhood demonolator come out to check things over. Fire is usually very cleansing, but it sounds like the things that have been burned haven't had a cleansing effect, so you may be dealing with something very strong indeed. If this is the case, it'll take someone experienced and alot stronger than sage, general house blessings, and a priest to deal with it. See what else you can find out about your property's history. Just because the previous owner's son was into "dark stuff" doesn't mean he's the one who called something up..."dark stuff" can be anything that isn't Christian in most people's eyes. I'm open to help you out with what I can from a distance, just email me if you'd like.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  7:36:27 PM  Show Profile
This thread is fascinating as well as scary. My mom and a friend of mine were both psychic and aware of things beyond the usual connections, some heartwarming and others terrifying.
Some of the things that happened could be just chance.
Certain old trees are brittle and them falling on buildings is a reason that some people keep them trimmed or cut down if they are close to buildings.
The game cam thing sounds like a good idea, there may be someone in the neighborhood, not supernatural, who is messing with you in some of the instances, missing firewood is cruel, but are there other fires occurring in the area? Did your husband have serious competition in his mowing business?
It sounds like you've lost way more than the usual of animals, any sign of contamination of the soil, water or air in the area?
I'm praying that things turn around for you!
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  8:36:39 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like what you need is a shaman--a real shaman, trained in the old ways, not someone who has studied shamanism and therefore thinks he's an expert. As for a priest--I'm Catholic and I know that most priests are woefully inadequate when it comes to dealing with demons. That's not to say that there aren't some good ones--but your average parish priest may not even believe in that stuff. You could get some statues of Jesus and Mary, have them blessed by a priest, and the demons will stay away from them. Just be careful to protect yourselves. It sounds like, from the skinned rabbit incident, that there may be a cult in your locality that you're not aware of. Maybe that's why the son was into "dark stuff". I wish you the best.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  2:15:38 PM  Show Profile
I tend to believe that most things have rational explanations. I wonder what possible use some dark spirit might have for a zero-turn lawnmower, utility vehicle or fencing roll? It sounds like someone is stealing from your farm. Are you an easy target? Do you keep things locked up and secure when you are not at home? What did the local law enforcement say when you reported it? Did it sound like they would actually follow up and investigate, or do they just take a report so you can submit it to insurance? If the local law enforcement is ineffective you may have some neighborhood thug who knows they can get away with criminal activity. Have any of your other neighbors noticed similar thefts? I also think the game camera is a good idea. Just make sure it doesn't flash or make a lot of noise, and that it is hidden and secured. Otherwise they'll just steal the camera or the SD card also. The best is one that you can access the pictures remotely through wireless instead of having to go and take the card out, but unfortunately that usually requires an additional cell phone bill.

I'm also worried about the rash of animal deaths, did the vet give you any explanation? Could definitely be poison or contamination, and that could apply to your garden also. That could be the same thug, who knows what motivation?

(Although my garden hasn't done well for the last two years either, the weather has been awful)

The roof thing just sounds like incompetence. Glad you won in court.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  11:03:55 PM  Show Profile
Wow! I don't blame you for considering moving, it would be my first thought too! You said you think someone was stealing your firewood - could that same person be responsible for any of the other things? Regardless of whether it's a ghost, a crazy neighbor or something else, I'd be getting the heck out of there!

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  7:34:38 PM  Show Profile
ok, you have me intrigued. I live fairly close to you. My sister bought a book for me this Christmas called Ghosts of Madison County, Indiana. It's a lot of urban legends & other stories of history of hauntings on our county. If you don't mind telling me where you live, I would be curious to see if there is anything in this book about your location. There may not be anything but it could be interesting.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  2:09:36 PM  Show Profile
So I thought I would put a two cents in. We bought a foreclosure with some lingering vibes so we did a sage ceremony. Just using a smudge stick and getting all the corners and doors and windows of the house. Not one problem since then. Google it you will find loads of information. You can also find local paranormal groups to do an investigation.

---
Farmgirl #2951
2012 Farmgirl of the Year
http://simpileeliving.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  07:57:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the input. I am going to have the property blessed as soon as we can walk around it safely (deep snow and ice right now). I am looking to a security system and the trail cam idea. Trying to figure out a place to hide the trail cam - all the trees at the front of the property are exposed and a camera would be easily seen.

I've been looking at similar systems that my boss has in his stores - wireless camera that record to a DVR.

Beth - I will pm you shortly.

Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  5:44:15 PM  Show Profile
I had to think about your post last night before I replied. As for most of your problems, you can file that in the "Welcome to the Home Ownership" files. When we moved in out here to the farm, as we were redoing the house, Hurricane Ike hit the coast and rain poured in through our roof and down into the walls. Then we got a hailstorm that ripped off a good part of my shingles. I was often here alone at night and got freaked out being alone in the house. Our home almost burned down a few years ago after a wire in the attic literally burned in half...we were just lucky. There were severe propane leaks not only in the home itself, but in the pipe running into the house. I nearly burned down the house myself one day when a paper clip fell down behind my desk and lodged (unknown to me) in between a plug and the socket. When I accidentally bumped the plug while vacuuming, it sent off a huge arc, freaking me out completely, and burning the face of the plug (it is still coated in soot even after several years...I can't bear to even touch the thing). One day in our shop, a shoplight burst into flames one evening just out of the blue.

We have had burst pipes, dead chickens, our perfectly healthy dog died within 2 months of being on the property, my peach trees are all infected with a kind of bacterium you can't get rid of and we had to cut them all down, my garden burned up in the drought, it has flooded, it has been eaten to the ground by rabbits, worms, and trampled by my dogs. Oh yes! I almost forgot...in the middle of a hundred year drought in 2011, as we were re-roofing the house, a FLASH FLOOD came out of nowhere, and because the soffit vents had not been cut out, water ran into our walls! Yes, it did! We were literally running around in the flood with hammers, beating out the plywood soffits, and at the end of an extremely frantic 15 minutes, we all were coated in water and insulation and plywood bits. In our old house (my Mamaw's old house) a limb fell through the roof right after I moved in, all of our lawn equipment was stolen one day and the next, our house we owned next door was completely robbed.

I guess the thing is, if you start adding up all the negative things that happen, you start to feel a pattern and you look for an explanation. You say you've been in the house for 9 years. I don't think anything you've said sounds odd, with the exception of the rabbit. I'll grant you, that is a bit odd. Many things that you have talked about can likely be linked back to maintenance/installation issues, outright theft (sadly not uncommon nowadays), and just plain farm life. We have a rule on this farm in regard to animals, and it's "Don't pick a favorite." As soon as you pick a favorite, it is almost doomed to meet its untimely end, I'm telling you. I just lost a cat 3 weeks ago and he disappeared. I mean, just gone. Of course, I loved that cat. I knew better than to name him! I knew it! And for every plant that you plant, there is a disease, a pest, or some kind of ailment that is created specifically to kill it. How farmers ever make a living is beyond me. That's not to say I haven't had good crop yields, but one year is definitely different than the next. One year my best tomatoes may not do as well, and then the next I have a bumper crop.

Now, I do believe in energy and energy in places. Some places give you a 'bad' feeling and some otherwise, I agree. I also know how a house fire can put a cold lump in your stomach...I didn't want to come back here after the almost-fire that we had. I really didn't. I felt like the house didn't really want us to stay. But I'm stubborn. I knew that we were really trying to help out the old house and to help out the property. While I didn't do an official 'cleansing', what did turn the tides was my attitude about the house. We replaced the electrical wiring with new, we upgraded our HVAC , we got a new roof, re-sided the house, re-did our kitchen, added on.....and on and on! As things were fixed, I found that my attitude was more positive about our house. When I stopped thinking about the negative points of our home, things seemed to get a lot better.

If a blessing will help you feel better, than I would do it. Our friends had their home blessed after they had some odd feelings and started seeing strange things like you were describing. I don't think that they had issues after that. Whether it was the blessing itself or their attitudes became more positive due to the blessing, I don't know. Oh, and for the record, my husband has heard footsteps in our upstairs rooms and I do mean very clearly (!!!). So clearly, it sent chills up his spine. I walked upstairs and said out loud that it wasn't very nice to do that to my husband. We haven't heard them since. :) If there is something there, I only hope that it is happy to see that we are trying to improve its surroundings!

Best of luck to you. And game cams/cameras are never a bad idea. Hope you find your rabbit killer, whatever or whomever it was!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  8:37:48 PM  Show Profile
I would say to get a couple big dogs!! they see and hear things we don't and people are afraid to come by them even if they are friendly. It would keep people away from your property that obviously have stolen your firewood and skinned your rabbit. And for any noises or anything in the house the dogs bark or growl and it keeps things in check. I agree with Amanda If you have been there for 9 years, things just do happen and a lot of them are from the previous owner not keeping things up like they should have. You said you had a fallen out with a friend, does she have kids or other friends that might like to scare you.? There is something going on with a few of these things but you might get to the bottom of them if like someone said you ask the police if there are some kids in the neighborhood that like to scare people or just some creeps? But big dogs always help!! Love mine they even keep other animals away. the chicks dying all at the same time. they had to have had a something that killed them all like that, Did you check with the company that sent them to you? I know of neighbors who have poisoned other neighbors animals just cause they were mad at them. I would be looking around at your neighbors for some of these things too. Good luck to you for this new year to find out what just has been going on!!! prayers too!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  08:59:42 AM  Show Profile
Yes, we have a big dog, too. I forgot to mention that. I don't know that I would be without one out here.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  7:21:48 PM  Show Profile
I have 4 would not be without any of them!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  3:09:41 PM  Show Profile
I don't have a dog, but the neighbor's dogs definitely make a lot of noise if anything unusual is going on in their yard or mine. Even when I take a day off work and go out to garden, they bark their heads off!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1505 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1505 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  09:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Well the title made me go :( for you....The post... :O!!!!!! Wow!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl/wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  4:33:54 PM  Show Profile
First of all, if you are a true Christian, you need to tell what ever is haunting the place that in the name of Jesus you are rebuked from this premises. You need to get some holy water or some olive oil. Ask in prayer for the blessing of the olive oil in the name of Jesus. Pray to him as you are putting the sign of the cross on the sides of each entry door and the top piece (called lintels) as well as on your barn doors and any other out buildings. As far as the thievery is concerned, like some one else mentioned, get a couple of game cameras and set them up, hidden where no one can see but having clear site to your barn, yard and any out buildings. Make the authorities aware of the missing items and see if patrols can come by your place at all. If you go anywhere, see if someone can house sit for the day or leave a car in the yard if you're going out over night and have a trusted neighbor move it while you are gone to make it look like someone is there. have them also leave a different light on in the house each night which will also make it look like someone is home. You can also go on ebay and pick up security monitoring stickers and place them in your windows. Granted they only keep honest people honest but even the thought of breaking into a house with a security system may make someone think again. Good luck and God Bless you.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

mustangmomma
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Becky
Princeton MO
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  2:28:47 PM  Show Profile
Burning sage should do what's needed. Telling an earth-trapped spirit that it's time to move into the light should enlighten it/them. As for the rabbit in the barn and/or other unexplainable issues - it's time to install some cameras. Animals see spirits on a regular basis because they can see the other side - spirits don't ordinarily mess with animals, sick people do and the horses being fearful of the barn means a camera (well hidden) will answer a thousand questions.
Go to Top of Page

farmacology girl
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Tamara
Bakersville NC
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2014 :  3:01:57 PM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear of your troubles. We just moved into our home on 10 acres last month. In the first two weeks the water line busted. The septic lines had to be redone. The central heat system went, the dryer stopped working and the electrical in one bathroom had to be redone.
I did a prayer blessing, and did two things my great grandmother use to do to get the "bad stuff" out. I put salt in the corner of every room and swept it out the door ( my great grandmother said she was sweep out the negative energy), then I saged the house. The home feels completely different and bad things have stopped happening. The house now feels like ours, not someone else's home. GOOD LUCK

Green Blessings
www.farmacologyorganics.com
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2014 :  1:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Farm life isn't always like the cover of a Maryjane book, is it? I don't mean to make light of what you have endured in your new home, but I doubt there is anything supernatural going on. I would put it down to a combination of a) the lousy economy; b) old equipment breaking down, as old equipment will; c) ineffective security (and the rotten economy plays into theft, too); d) being distracted by a lot of bad breaks causes other stuff to happen because we can't be everywhere at once, solving all problems before they become unsolvable...you get the idea.

The fact is that on farms, animals die, trees fall on barns in storms, and a lot more. It wouldn't hurt to give yourself the meditative calmness of a purging and rededication ceremony of some sort. I'm a firm believer in the power of ritual and prayer in such situations, even if only to help focus your mind on turning a page in your book of life. But don't overlook practical matters, too. Cut down trees that are too close to buildings for safety, and use the rsults for firewood if they're the right kind of wood. Secure your equipment better and insure it against loss. Check out your house for drafts that are causing your heat to escape -- or that makes doors seem to mysteriously slam shut and some of the other phenomena you've mentioned. And as to the weird rabbit discovery and the son who is into "dark stuff?" Is that son still around, determined to make you miserable because he didn't want to move? Is the family still in the area and is that possible? He sounds psychotic. Might he be an arsonist? I would consider getting motion-detector floodlights and new locks on all your doors.

Edited by - Rosemary on Jul 13 2014 3:04:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  4:31:20 PM  Show Profile
Tamara, I love the salt in the corner of every room and then sweeping it out the door. That is the most amazing idea I have ever heard.

FARMALL do we get an update on how things are going?

---
Farmgirl #2951
2012 Farmgirl of the Year
http://simpileeliving.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Beginning to think my little farm is cursed. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page