Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Strange Sight in My Barn Yard
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Strange Sight in My Barn Yard Next Topic  

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  07:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Coming up our drive, things look pretty normal, until you look out at the barn lot. Mingling in with 3 other perfectly normal goats, is a pretty little Nubian wearing a grey sweatshirt. Ever since fall started coming on, this sweet girl has been cold to the point of shivering so I decided that if my neighbors could dress their horses in capes and thier dogs in sweaters, my goat could borrow a shirt from my husbands closet. I cut the sleeves off and there it was, a $6 goat coat. But of course, one was not enough. Any self respecting girl has to change her shirt once-in-a-while so off to the thrift shop I went to buy her another. If my camera and computer were comunicating (they seem to have had a spat) I would post a picture. She looks so cute! It looks like it will be a warm day today, so I need to go undress her for now, but it will go right back on tonight.

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  07:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
You're such a good goat mom. How sweet. Will the other goats get jealous of her new wardrobe? I'd love to see pictures of her.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  07:49:35 AM  Show Profile
I bet she is very grateful for your tender care. :)

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  10:44:39 AM  Show Profile
That is sweet!
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lambgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Heidi
Ellensburg wa
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  4:33:49 PM  Show Profile
I love it. We made lamb coats for our lambs after they are sheared. They always looks so cold.

Heidi
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  4:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Sort of off-subject, but are goats complicated to raise? We just bought a farm and are renovating the house right now but I want to think about getting a few animals and was thinking goats might be good.

Every way of a man seems right to himself but the Lord is the tester of hearts. Proverbs 21:2
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  4:41:47 PM  Show Profile
That for sure deserves a picture, how cute.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  09:13:34 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Ok, now the camera is out of batteries, so I cant even give it a try. I'm heading to town tomorrow and I'll add them to my list. As for goats being difficult to raise...I don't think so. If you read all the literature on goats, you'll get to believing that they are prone to droping dead over anything, but from what I've seen that isn't so (I've only had mine a year). They are very smart, so they can be troublesome about opening gates (and doors to feed rooms) and playing jokes (shutting you up in places or hiding from you) but overall they are a blast. A handraised goat with a great personality is priceless!

Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  06:01:10 AM  Show Profile
What a sweet thing to do for your goat! I had a question. Since I have goats myself I know that my goats would try to eat the "coat off the others back". LOL But your goats didn't do this? Daisy
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  11:54:19 AM  Show Profile
HEY! I wonder if any of our gazelles here at the zoo would tolerate such a thing. We have one or two who, until they get used to cooler temps will stand there and siver too. All our critters have access to heated shelters but mostly prefer to stay out where they can keep a watch out for perceived predators. (Lions are safely in their enclosures.....no to worry!)
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  6:54:04 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to see your babies!! I would love to have goats - must wait a little longer though.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Strange Sight in My Barn Yard Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page