Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Poor House Farmgirl Chapter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Poor House Farmgirl Chapter Next Topic
Page: of 5

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2014 :  12:29:19 PM  Show Profile
Hay ya'll,

I am working on my binder! Are you? My goal is to have photos to show by August 31st. Hope I can get them to post.

If you want to join and your name has not been added to our VIRTUAL CHAPTER then please send me a note so I get that done. We are always excepting new farmgirls that want to join.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy.

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2014 :  7:10:01 PM  Show Profile
Ok I'm a little in the dark about the chapters. What's this binder about? Also I posted in the Barter section that I'd like to be part of this chapter... just in case you didn't see it there :)

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

May my heart be kind, my mind fierce and my spirit brave. - Kate
Forsyth

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  07:54:08 AM  Show Profile
Hay there Mz Erin,

I don't recall if I saw it over there or not but I will get you connected. Our binders are ring binders that we are making sections in for badges we are working on and members name and addresses and anything else you can think of. For instance, mine has a section for all the members so I can send out your certificates of Farmgirl membership and if I want to send a card or letter via snail mail. My badges section has a print out of all the different badges in a category and then my write up of how I accomplished the badge, which is what I send to the farm to receive credit for doing that badge. It also holds my works in progress data. You can add a section for anything you want....its your way of keeping track....all in one place.

I will be contacting the farm this weekend to be sure everyones names are connected to the Poor House Farmgirls. I will add you also.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

Daizy #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2014 :  07:35:45 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Daizy! That sounds good. I'll need to get a binder going.

<3 Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"Autumn ~ a second spring when every leaf is a flower. " - Albert Camus

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  01:27:07 AM  Show Profile
Can I join this chapter?
Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  08:55:36 AM  Show Profile
Yes you may, Mz Sabrina,

And welcome. You are from Germany, I See. How is the weather over there?

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  10:21:49 AM  Show Profile
Pretty nice still out here! Cool but not too cool yet, only need a light jacket and some days you can wear short sleeves still! It is getting rainier so we have more dreary days but still plenty of nice days too. It will be cold and snowing before we know it!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  12:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
As winter approaches I plan to spend much time inside working on all things farmgirly to keep me busy next to the woodstove. I thought it would be fun to try to earn some MJF Badges and maybe make new online friends. May I please join you in this virtual chapter as I am not sure there is one local to me here in the mountains of WNC?

Edited by - ProgressiveHomemaker on Oct 21 2014 12:34:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  07:17:15 AM  Show Profile
Hay there, Mz Rachell,

I will add you to my list. And welcome.

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  11:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Fabulous! Just let me know what to do to get started!

https://www.facebook.com/ProgressiveHomemaker?ref=bookmarks Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

So progressive, I'm old-fashioned!

Life's short. Make today count.
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  08:10:12 AM  Show Profile
How can I join...it seems "poorhouse" should be my name...LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~*Terri*~~
Life is too short, it is just a vapor, live it like you wont have another minute with the ones you love......
http://thecontentedwomannow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  04:28:54 AM  Show Profile
Hay there, Mz Terri,

You may join us!! We are virtual but are having fun! Our goal for January is to create a binder which will hold all our correspondences and addresses of other members. But mostly, It will be a "go to" place as we work on our badges.....make it pretty and useful. If you join any of the neat swaps on MJF then it will be a great place to keep that information also.

To join please email me your snail mail address and I will send you your certificate of membership. I hope you have fun with us!

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  05:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Am I missing something? I joined awhile back and posted here but have not heard anything. Is there somewhere else I am supposed to post?

~Rachell in WNC

https://www.facebook.com/ProgressiveHomemaker?ref=bookmarks Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  05:41:33 AM  Show Profile
Hopefully, your chapter leader will get you squared away Rachell. In the meantime, I just wanted to say how much I love your signature line: So progressive, I'm old-fashioned!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  09:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
MaryJane, I am honored that you like it as much as me.

I was talking to a friend years back about all my interests in going back to basics and aiming to live a simpler life. Of course, I was hitting up against alot of resistance for some things as my area at the time didn't know how to feel about chickens in the backyard and vegetables in the front yard!

I started a group to help promote Backyard Chickens in my area and one of the things I used to get people thinking were the old war time posters the US Government put out, encouraging suburban folks to grow victory gardens and keep laying hens. There slogan was, "it's patriotic!"

My friend, who always wondered at all the "extra work" I created for myself by living my suburban homesteading lifestyle said that I was just so progressive, I was old-fashioned! We agreed it was the perfect way to describe me and it became my personal disclaimer. LOL

Again, I am glad you enjoy it!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  11:30:52 AM  Show Profile
The back story behind it makes it even better. Thanks!!!! You're my kind of rebel:)

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  3:30:56 PM  Show Profile
Hay there, Mz Rachell,

I believe I sent you the welcome packet but when I get home later this week I will check my list of mail outs. In the mean time please email me your snail mail address so I can double check it on my master list.....which is also at home. Those were mailed out several months ago.

I'm with Mz MaryJane, I like your Signature also.....love the story too.

Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  4:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Five-acre Farm girl, I just got on. I wanted to tel everyone that the rain has stopped for right now anyways. It's 4:30pm here in south end of Seattle, Washington. My family and I live in the country, we love it. We get to see deer and elk in our yard sometimes. In the summer they like to try to eat my herbs and vegies. So I built a fence around the garden.
I own a small company called Carmen's Visual Effect's. I make art paintings, collages and wire sculptures. I make homemade body butters, sweet/sour shower scrubs and salts. my website is www.carmenvisualeffects.com

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  6:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Daizy, I got the stuff you emailed to me but I wondered if there was another online board where you all are chatting away that maybe I have missed?

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  06:27:39 AM  Show Profile
Hay there Mz Carmen, Welsome to the chat room ... You will meet lots of Farmgirls with things in common. Have fun.

Mz. Rachell, We have a Hen House but not much goes on over there which is why I posted about the binders over here. Be sure to check it out tho coz someone posts there every now and then. Im glad you got your packet. I had one returned and need to contact them and see what I did wrong and resend it. So, just chat here if you want and maybe others will join in.

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  1:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
What all was in the packet? I do not think I ever got one. I got one from Brain when I renewed my membership but that is all as far as I know.

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  05:37:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh. I thought you said you got mine. I sent the Chapter Membership Certificate and a few cards for you to give as introduction to your area friends who might want to join you in our virtual group.

I will try to find out the exact date I sent them and check my list to be sure.....but I am almost positive that I sent yours.

Go to Top of Page

jseefeldt
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Jennifer
Wilson NY
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  11:54:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Daizy! I just sent you an email about joining your virtual henhouse. Let me know if you do not get it ... Thanks!

Jennifer
Farmgirl Sister #3841
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  2:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
I will double check my MJF file, too. Maybe the one I thought was from him was from you! LOL

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  2:26:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh yay!! Here is where you gals are!! So excited :) I've been checking our board - but it's pretty lonely there!! I'm glad to see something here :)

So...I'm hoping to chat a bit about music, since I'm working on my Intermediate Badge for Music. I'm a music teacher...so it's actually an easy badge for me to be working towards :) So - My Classical composer will be John Cage and my performer will be Glenn Gould. John Cage was into "chance" music, and if you googled his music, it can be quite strange. He also did unique things with pianos - like sticking screws in them - to make it sound different. He experimented with different sounds - everday things - to create music. For instance - he has one piece where someone hits the bath tub - puts in static music from the radio (his personal favourite) plays a chord on the piano...hits a vase filled with water...very experimental. He also created the famous "4 minutes 33 seconds" a piece for complete silence. Glenn Gould overlaps a bit in time with Cage, but he much preferred the more traditional approach to piano. His only non-traditional approach was his posture at the piano! He sat very close, his hands were low, and and he sat with a hunched back. A piano teacher's nightmare :) He was amazing though with Bach - he recorded Bach twice (he decided to not perform after 1951 due to the pressures of the audience and the critique - I agree with him!!) and he's an amazing Bach interpreter. You will often find him singing with his music as he plays it. I connect much more with Gould, then with Cage :) Anyway - I hope you enjoy reading this...and I'd love to hear some feedback, or if you have any questions :) Hugs!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  2:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Joyce! We are not only Sweet Seasons Swap Sisters this year but we are henhousemates here, too! How lovely. Good job on getting your int. music badge! I have YET to earn even 1 badge.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Poor House Farmgirl Chapter Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page