Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 How many showers does it take.....?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic How many showers does it take.....? Next Topic  

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  2:37:24 PM  Show Profile
How many showers does it take to make it through your farm day?

The temp and humidity is high down here. I walk outside and the air starts sticking to me. Some days, if I don't have to go anywhere, I can work outside all day and then have one shower in the early evening.

Most days I have 3. I do morning chores. I don't think the general public would want me out in my farm clothes full of cr*p and smelling like a goat. So,shower #1. Run morning errands. work outside. I don't want to be handling food and preparing supper for my family in my afternoon farm clothes full of whatever I've been in and smelling of...well, just smelly. So,shower #2. Cook supper. Evening chores. I want to go to bed all nice and clean, soft and smelling good. So,shower #3.

How about you?

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  3:12:21 PM  Show Profile
Occasionally two for me. One before work and one after the day is almost over. We don't have humidity though so I think that makes a big difference for us. I fully understand your problem though. Do you shampoo every time? I would think that would really dry out your scalp.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  5:29:16 PM  Show Profile
a min of 1 aday. and thats in the winter when its much slower here, springtime, 2 to 3 aday, cause its calving/lambing/kidding/etc, summertime, between butchering/canning and just plain HOT/sweaty/stinky, 3 to 4 aday...and my extra showers aday are mostly in the outdoor shower with my clothes on ( i.e., cut-offs and a tank-top)...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  6:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Emily, nope, I don't shampoo every time. You're right, that would be damaging and wwwaayyyy too time consuming. I have long hair...down to the middle of my back. I usually just pile it all on top of my head in a ponytail or braids.

Tina, your days sound like mine. I sooooo want an outside shower! That project will be added to my list.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic How many showers does it take.....? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page