Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 farm girl hoping for farm help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic farm girl hoping for farm help Next Topic  

Shaw
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Marcia
Delhi NY
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  5:38:58 PM  Show Profile
I don't know just where to post this but I have a farm and need help. We make maple syrup in the Spring. We tend bees in the Summer. We harvest produce in the fall and try hard to keep the chicks and ducks and cats and dogs content the whole year long. All the things I just mentioned are very small scale...on the smallest scale you can find. The farm is just beautiful but we need help to make it self-supporting. I have seen posts that say some of you are looking for a farm. This is a great place to try things - want to make soap - let's give it a go. Want to build a book case using scrap wood and part of an old bed...did last weekend. If you want to chat let me know. I was just told I should mention the lake. Each morning, until the ice is too solid, I paddle my kayak around the lake. It is about as good a way to start the day as I can imagine.

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  04:50:07 AM  Show Profile
If I lived anywhere near you I would give it a go. I hope you find some helping hands here! Good luck! :)

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." - Anne Shirley

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  10:07:43 AM  Show Profile
So Marcia are you bartering soaps and things or your property?

Go to the Forum and look up Bartering.

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  7:18:15 PM  Show Profile
If you have enough property of the right kind, you might be able to offer local people pasturage or lease acres for crops in exchange for the work you need to have done or something like that.
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  03:45:48 AM  Show Profile
With not knowing exactly what it is you are looking for, It is hard to help.
But, if you are looking for help with your farm, sometimes there are folks who do nothing but go from farm to farm helping out, just for the room and board and little to no cash. There is also websites like this that will help you find ? farm help.
http://www.helpx.net/ Good luck!

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  07:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you could start a business of having people come and stay for a time and learn to work a farm or whatever and you could get the help you need and they could the experience.

hugs,
Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  08:45:25 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like a great idea Denise.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  3:09:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marcia,
This sounds wonderful. Having moved back to PA from WY we are working on rebuilding our East Coast Farm life. I am thrilled to see you are starting on your way to farm life; and exquisitely thrilled at your idea to ask for help. It can be daunting farming. We raised sheep and goats prior to our pioneering out West. We are looking to start again next year with the goats and sheep; but my son Tim is working as an intern on a small farm market farm nearby this year. http://www.forksfarmmarket.com/
After works for several years as a ranch hand in Wyoming coming back East to the farmers life has been an adjustment but he is enjoying it. Each year these farmers raise thousands of pasture raised eggs, chickens, beef, wood-lot pigs, and turkeys are growing now.
I recommend connecting with other farmers and learning about how to include an intern into your process of growth. Our son has learned an enormous lot from the day and night farm life. He lives on the farm T thru Sunday, and comes home for a few days.

Have a great time and good luck finding the help you need.
quote:
Originally posted by Shaw

I don't know just where to post this but I have a farm and need help. We make maple syrup in the Spring. We tend bees in the Summer. We harvest produce in the fall and try hard to keep the chicks and ducks and cats and dogs content the whole year long. All the things I just mentioned are very small scale...on the smallest scale you can find. The farm is just beautiful but we need help to make it self-supporting. I have seen posts that say some of you are looking for a farm. This is a great place to try things - want to make soap - let's give it a go. Want to build a book case using scrap wood and part of an old bed...did last weekend. If you want to chat let me know. I was just told I should mention the lake. Each morning, until the ice is too solid, I paddle my kayak around the lake. It is about as good a way to start the day as I can imagine.

Sold the Farm, Moved to Wyoming.
New landscape, new frontier!
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic farm girl hoping for farm help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page