Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Creative way to make money Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2014 :  07:40:52 AM  Show Profile
Do you live on an old farmstead with old junk cars, trucks, tractors, combines, and out buildings? Your answer to money might be right under your nose. Ther e is currently a huge interest in old vehicles, tractors, and farmhouse look. I just was gifted a 1954 car tag from my husband's cousin. This would have cost me 20 dollars IF I could have found one. I also found a darling vintage green small metal cabinet with cute little drawers. This is going in my craft room. He thought I was crazy and told me it was free. Facebook has groups such as Wichita ks vintage vehicle or car group that buy and trade all the time. I bet any area in the US has car, truck, tractor, and vintage houshold groups. I just bought 4 springs for my pickup seat locally. Used corregated tin is very desirble right now, used barn wood, lumber, doors, fencing, metal wheels, whole sewing machines or metal bases of treadle sewing machines are wanted, old farm windows with or withour glass, metal tubs, parts and emblems off of old trucks, tractors, cars or worth money. People will come buy hoods, doors, tailgates, etc out of your private junk yard. I had a garage sale this summer with this kind of items and made tons of money, well worth my time and energy.

Joanna
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Ontario
Canada
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  11:48:34 AM  Show Profile
These are great ideas. You have given me some inspiration!

Joanna - Sister #5965

http://roomsandwindows.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  08:09:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Kem, you've really got me thinking. We have some outbuildings overgrown with weed vines (poison ivy in some cases -- yikes!!!) and they're just going to rot. Some of them have old license plates nailed to the walls inside for repair. I'll bet there's bucks in them thar ruins! Do you have to tear apart and organize like a yard sale? How do you bridge the gap between stuff and customers?
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  11:38:43 AM  Show Profile
Virginia, We have a regional website called nex-tech classifieds that I post on. I have sold parts of a 1949 pickup, a not working little mini bike, chairs, etc on this site. I bet you may have something similar. If not, you can always advertise on Facebook or Craigslist. I have also used Facebook with great success for items I wanted and items I was selling. All of these services are free. I just found my friend some pink fine crochet thread for the lace on a pair of baptismal booties she was making through Facebook. It is a great networking tool. Just remember to be safe about meeting the people you sell to. Usually I meet them in a public parking lot or somewhere where there are always other people around. A lot of times I know the people and it is not a worry. Doesn't hurt to be careful regardless.
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2015 :  4:26:37 PM  Show Profile
Great idea Kem. We are going through my husbands junk pile of tools and odd and end parts and pieces to have a garage sale. I'll have to look for groups in Florida on FB. Thanks for sharing.

Farmgirl sister #308
Buying Club & Marketing
www.marketsofsunshine.com
Bible Research
www.jw.org

Edited by - marjean on Nov 25 2015 4:27:57 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Creative way to make money Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page