Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Here Comes A Blizzard..."Juno"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Here Comes A Blizzard..."Juno" Next Topic  

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  1:51:04 PM  Show Profile
Well, I've lived here over twenty years. Twenty in my house. I have seen several major hurricanes, ice storms, blizzards, and even tornadoes. We fared well, despite a few hardships like no lights, heat or water for over a week a couple of times.

We are fully stocked, have extra water, batteries, flash lights, etc. BUT my friends and I are a little bit nervous on this one, as they say that Blizzard Juno will be a record-breaking, historical storm with damage.

Okay...that being said, I'm prepared. Hoping we can just hunker down, and enjoy time together!

All my farmsisters in the wake of this blizzard, stay warm, stay dry and stay safe!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  2:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, I've been keeping up with the blizzard on Fox News. May you and love ones be snug and warm. FarmGirls know how to be prepare and that means a lot in a storm.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

Noreen
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Noreen
Essex Junction Vermont
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  3:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Noreen an AOL message
Best of luck. Nicole! I am in Vermont. As of now, it looks like we will be getting less snow. But, you never know!

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  4:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Be safe.

Roxanna Farmgirl# 3963
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  7:14:12 PM  Show Profile
I saw the alert on Facebook this morning about banning traffic on the roads, They are worried about this storm, so you take care up there nicole and be safe.

I will be praying for you all.

Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  7:54:27 PM  Show Profile
So are blizzards being given names now? Here in Minnesota we have had the Armistice Day Blizzard (that was before my time) and the Halloween Blizzard (I was there for that). It was in 1991 and dropped 28 inches of snow over 3 days, then the wind picked up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_Blizzard

It was wild but in Minnesota, we still have fun in the snow and the trick or treating continued.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=halloween+blizzard+minnesota&qpvt=halloween+blizzard+minnesota&qpvt=halloween+blizzard+minnesota&FORM=IGRE

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  03:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Nicole - Thinking of you this morning and praying you all up there will stay safe and warm, and that you won't lose power. Just saw the news a little while ago and the reporter in Plymouth was already up to his knees in snow! And it has only just begun. Long day ahead, I'm sure. Last night was talking with a dear friend in Hyannis and could hear the wind whistling and her house shaking right through the phone! Gave me goosebumps! I will be thinking of you all day today. Please keep us posted. Love and hugs to you - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Noreen
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Noreen
Essex Junction Vermont
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  03:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Noreen an AOL message
I want to repeat what Nini said. Hope you are doing well and have power. Keep us posted if you can. Hugs and prayers,
Noreen

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
Go to Top of Page

Terralea
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Terra
Midland Michigan
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  06:28:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for you and those folks all along the east cost. We managed to miss the big one you are getting but one is coming behind yours and we may get some of it. Midland is in a valley in Michigan and much of the worst weather will be north and south of us while we only get small amounts of it.

Terralea
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  8:25:19 PM  Show Profile
Hoping all you lovely Farmgirls in the NE are staying snug and warm and safe!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  06:51:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls!

Our area was spared. We did not get the record breaker they promised. We fared just fine...no school or work. We had a bonus family day. We tinkered about the house, did homework, baked cookies together, ate cookies together, made a nice dinner, and watched a favorite movie. We did get about a foot (no more) of snow, but it was powdery and not hard to dig out from. DH took care of the driveway.

We did get worried because it was the first time our electric company has ever phoned before a storm to warn of power outages, and the governor shut down all the roads (I'm sure that helped to save lives, and money from first responders having to tend to accidents). All in all, it was just a "regular" snow day for our area. However, I see parts of upper CT and other states in New England did get the brunt of the storm. Hope all is okay with those living there.

Thanks for thinking of us!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  10:33:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I'm just so happy to hear you're all right and that you made a fun day of it, Nicole! Friends and family up north sure got hit, but some not nearly as badly as they had predicted. The main thing is, everyone continues to be happy, healthy and whole! I heard another wave is coming now... I'll be praying! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Here Comes A Blizzard..."Juno" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page