Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Sometimes the Weatherman is Spot-On
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Sometimes the Weatherman is Spot-On Next Topic  

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6812 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6812 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  12:45:50 AM  Show Profile
Steve, my favorite weatherman forecasted that some of us would see a warming between the time we went to bed and midnight; before it turned cold again.

I went to bed at 8:30 and it was a cold damp 45 - hadn't been out of the low 40s all day. I woke wide awake at 2 and got up. Maggie, my little dog, wanted out so I let her out the kitchen door. Warm spring like air hit my face.

I checked the temperature on my computer - 64 - by 10 in the morning it will drop to low 50s - back up to the 60's at noon - only to start dropping again and be in the low 20s by Sunday morning.

Just think if I hadn't woken up I would have missed this weather roller coaster ride and I wouldn't have ever known Steve was right.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  11:19:55 AM  Show Profile
Sara, I'm in the Texas Hill Country. I think by Monday, we'll feel the cold again. It sure is a warm day today. I'm enjoying the sunshine before the rain and cold gets here.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6812 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6812 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  1:03:48 PM  Show Profile
Marly, though we are several hundred miles apart we are somewhat in the same weather system. Wind, moisture and warmth up from the gulf ~~ strong winds and chill from the west ~~ and freezing cold and wind down from Canada. We rarely see a change in weather from the east. One thing we do see a lot of is wind and more wind.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  2:13:08 PM  Show Profile
How interesting and how neat that you were able to experience and enjoy it.

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6812 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6812 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  06:04:02 AM  Show Profile
Darlene I do like seeing nature at work. Like the time I saw a full moon just sitting on the western horizon ~~ it looked like the sun coming up instead of the moon going down.

Then there was the time that I woke up after midnight and turned on the TV in time to hear our weatherman say "it's still hailing in Howe". Howe is the little town where I lived at that time. On his map it showed north central Texas all clear with 1 little red dot for Howe. I don't know how long it had been hailing but it kept it up for two more hours. It was pea size or less so it did no roof damage.

It hailed from one end of town where the houses started to the other end where the houses stopped and about 2 blocks wide. I had 2' piled up hail against my house for days. Never seen anything like it before or sense.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  12:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Sara: I'm trying to get used to the wind here in the Hill Country. In SW Louisiana, the wind did not kick up often! Temperatures have been dropping since this morning. I think you'll get a lot colder than we will. Stay warm.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Sometimes the Weatherman is Spot-On Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page