Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Texas Spring is here (almost like summer)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Texas Spring is here (almost like summer) Next Topic  

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  06:37:24 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes Texas heat shows up in every season. Right now, temps may drop into the high 40's at night and then the mornings feel very Spring-like and then the afternoons hit over 80.

If you're a fashion fiend, it's great because you can wear 3 different outfits in a day!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  07:12:25 AM  Show Profile
Catherine I love the way you put it ~ we get to wear three outfits in one day - I usually just layer - start off snug & warm and as the day warms up I shed layers.

Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  12:08:55 PM  Show Profile
I'm learning how to dress for Texas weather! LOL. I start off with the layers, shrug them off as the day warms, then by evening the layers are back on.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  7:15:51 PM  Show Profile
We were enjoying a wonderful spring. The roses and honeysuckle were so fragrant and the garden beautiful. My husband is the grower and I do the preserving. Last Sunday afternoon that all changed. We knew it was warm and very sticky muggy, but never did I think what we were in for. I checked the weather on my phone and saw we were in a seven county watch. That is almost unheard of, most watches cover about thirty counties. Soon my son called, His weather radio said a tornado was headed our way, and they were coming to the cellar. No sooner than we all got down there the hail began, golf ball and tennis ball size, and it hailed for a very long time, nearly thirty minutes. Suddenly it stopped then my son and I looked at each other, by instinct only we knew what that roar was. He peeped out and sure enough the funnel was up above us' God is so good, because that tail did not drop out from that cloud, it did not touch the ground u til it crossed into the next county and again in the next. Needless to say, we will start a new garden. Thankfully the three new baby calves and the new baby colt and their moms are OK. Wild Texas weather.

TexasGran
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  10:34:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Marilyn, that must have been scary. so glad the tail spared you and the baby animals are safe. I live in Illinois and it's tornado season here. Praying that everyone who lives in a tornado zone stays safe.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  2:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I also pray that we will all be ok. Not so long ago tornados were spring time events, but now they love to scare us year round. I vividly remember the first funnel cloud I ever saw. Bailey County Texas, and I was four. We had been to town, Morton, I guess and were on our way back to my great uncle's farm, pretty close to the state line. My little face was pressed against the window of that old car as I asked, Oh, Daddy what is that?" I grew up thinking the funnels were dark, because that one was.

TexasGran
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Texas Spring is here (almost like summer) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page