DiDi
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Diane
Feeding Hills MA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  6:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Everyone! Happy First Farmgirl Jubilee! To celebrate the occasion, yesterday I gave to local friends and family members a canning jar with a pretty cloth added to the lid, each jar containing a description of the Jubilee, a packet of carrot seeds to plant, and a recipe for "carrot-cake" refrigerator oatmeal. To those not local, I mailed the seeds, recipe and description of the event. I bought 20 packets of the carrot seeds and gave away 18. I'll plant the other two packs in a few weeks (after danger of frost). I'm looking forward to hearing what next year's theme will be!
Be well, everyone!

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  08:08:59 AM  Show Profile
Diane, what a wonderful gift you created for friends and neighbors to celebrate our Jubilee!! I wish I could have seen all of the smiles when you handed them each a jar or they received the unexpected Farmgirl mail in their post!! I hope you had a lovely weekend!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  09:08:32 AM  Show Profile
This year for Jubilee, we celebrated the weekend with family and our little Cultivators (photos soon!) but next year we want to do more outreach like you did Diane. Although I guess everything we do here is outreach in a way:)

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic Jubilee Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page