TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  6:58:28 PM  Show Profile
If no one wants your magazines, you can tear out the colorful pages, fold them in long narrow folds, similar to rolling, Then coil them up. Glue together, I used Elmers and got really messy hands but they wash up. Your coils will be about the diameter of a quarter. Add more and more to make larger coils, medallions or flowers. I made a lot, all sizes. Then I cut out a cross. It was fat or wide with rounded pointy ends. I did not want perfect. Then I painted it turquoise, wiped it and rubbed it with some brown paint that I had thinned down. I wiped a lot of that off, let it dry and placed my medallions on to see how and where they would fit and look best. Then I glued them down.I wanted a bit of my turquoise edge to show, so I squeezed and manipulated until it looked good. 24 hours to dry, then a mod podge bath. 24 more hours to dry. Lastly I brushed it with shiny mod podge. That dried more quickly. If you like the Indian/Mexican art from New Mexico and Arizona you will like this. I was showing mine to a friend and another lady asked to buy it. So now I need to make another one, perhaps... someday.

TexasGran

Noreen
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Noreen
Essex Junction Vermont
USA
110 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  7:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Noreen an AOL message
Can you show us a picture of how it came out? It sounds really neat!
Noreen

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  8:01:33 PM  Show Profile
I sold it and the pictures I had taken of it with my cell phone were lost when that phone locked down and had to go back to the factory. I think I have some coils left. I will go out to that building tomorrow and see if they are there. I can photograph them. And maybe you can get an idea. Some ladies overseas roll the pages like narrow straws and glue them to containers such as desk accessories, etc.

TexasGran
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Magazine Idea Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page