Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Do You Smile When You Type?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Do You Smile When You Type? Next Topic  

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2015 :  07:16:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

LOL! My guys laugh at me... I am a VERY facially expressive person when I speak, and apparently that spills over into my typing! LOL! They tell me that it's like a sport watching me. Apparently, they can almost tell from my expressions where I'm typing, to whom I'm typing and about what I am typing! LOL! They say, for example, when I'm serious I furrow my brow and purse my lips, when I am trying to be funny my eyes get wide, I grin and laugh, and when I am typing congratulations about a baby, I get all soft-eyed and smile. Sometimes I even move my lips as I type! I nod, I roll my eyes, my jaw drops... I do all sorts of crazy things, it seems! They said it's a wonder I can type at all, because when I actually speak, my hands are usually part of the show! <Men!> My son says sometimes he'll be watching t.v. and turn to watch me typing because I'm a lot more funny to watch than what's on the tube! LOL!

My goodness! I never even realized I was doing that! I'm glad I'm so entertaining when I'm caught up in my own little world! LOL!

So, now I'm wondering... Am I the only one??? How expressive are YOU when YOU speak and type?

Hugs and happy days!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jun 06 2015 07:19:53 AM

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2015 :  12:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Too cute Nini!!! lol!! Sometimes! I think I must be the same way! :D

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2015 :  2:08:10 PM  Show Profile
I'll have to pay closer attention. I know I'm smiling right now. That is such a cute image, your son secretly watching you type because it's his mommy being adorable.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4892 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4892 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2015 :  3:20:12 PM  Show Profile
AWWWWWW I love this! Thanks! for sharing!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August 2014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  11:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I guess it depends what I type. I sometimes laugh out loud when I type certain things! Cute thread.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  12:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, that's a good question! I'm sure it depends on the situation and what I'm typing!
Hmmmmmmm . . . :D
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  5:38:11 PM  Show Profile
Nini - No, you're not the only one. Now I have to ask...where did you tuck that camera? Because you just described me.

I guess I've always been that way because I remember when I was about 20, I was talking with my boss and he kept taking my hands and holding them. That made me uncomfortable because I thought he was being a little too friendly. Turns out he was trying to see if I could talk without using my hands, and there was another man watching from a distance and laughing because he knew exactly what was going on.

Glad I'm not alone. And it's nice knowing you make other people smile without even trying.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  6:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nini, yep, I smile sometimes, giggle sometimes, grimace, and stick out my tongue when I'm concentrating. I also talk to myself "What'd you do that for, dummy", etc. I love your post! :)

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2015 :  10:09:27 AM  Show Profile
LOL! I KNEW I couldn't be the only farmgirl who does this! To me, it seems like quite a natural thing to be expressive, no matter how we're communicating!

Wanda - You made me laugh! I had a boss that did the same thing to me one time! LOL! I wanted to hit him so he knew I didn't need to SPEAK to talk! ;) LOL!

I talk to myself, too, Amy. My Mom said that's a good thing - because that way, at least you know someone INTELLIGENT is listening! LOL!

You're all making me grin ear-to-ear as I'm typing today, for sure!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2015 :  6:36:57 PM  Show Profile
It must be catching. I smile when I type too. But I'm a pretty happy gal.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

stephaniesmith
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Stephanie
Independence MO
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  1:43:49 PM  Show Profile
I always smile when I type! And if I'm reading a note from a friend or family member, I read it in their voice.

Tea makes everything better!
http://www.mysteepedteaparty.com/StephanieSmith
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  8:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Nini, you are not alone. I know I do this. Maybe not as much as you describe but yet again I have never really paid attention. Now I know I will be thinking about it as I type, wondering what my face looks like! Such a cute story. Thank you for sharing.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2015 :  04:59:44 AM  Show Profile
YES!! I smile, frown, giggle, laugh and do all the same things as you. I like what your mom said about people that talk to themselves. Funny!! Except, in my case, I'm not so sure how intelligent the person listening is. She's a bit more scatterbrained.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2015 :  07:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
haha.. I do it too!!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  2:57:10 PM  Show Profile
This is funny! I realize that I do the same thing! Hubby will often ask who am I talking to! Didn't know that I was being watched also!

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Do You Smile When You Type? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page