callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2015 :  5:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Hello gals.Callene here,asking for help again.My 8 month old grandson has a cold.Lots of congestion and a cough.Ant home remedies for a baby that young?Thank you in advance.Just hate seeing him sick.Plus he is teething.Again thank you.Callene

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  1:44:18 PM  Show Profile
I like using Vicks's Baby Rub. The pediatrician's in the office where I worked would recommend using the Baby Rub in addition to Children's Zyrtec or Claritin to help dry up the mucous for anyone 6 months old or older. Making sure that he is drinking lots of fluids can help thin the secretions also. If you have a vaporizer, nebulizer or humidifier that you can add some oils to, I would suggest using eucalyptus oil for him to breathe in. Some reflexology on his feet can also help, remember "this little piggy"? Well the tips of the toes are reflex points that help with sinus congestion, so you may want to try that. There is also an acupressure point on each side of the nose, apply gentle pressure there and you can massage it in a circular motion to help ease congestion...it works for me anyway. Sometimes, tapping on the neck behind the ear (and you can put some eucalyptus oil very diluted in a carrier oil) helps clear congestion; for this, I start at the back of the ear (right behind where the lobe--where you get earrings) and tap down behind the joint of the jaw and down the neck. If you wanted to use the Vicks's Baby Rub, you could try using that in place of the eucalyptus oil for massaging his feet and behind his ear.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://rachelsmithhhp.com

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  1:56:30 PM  Show Profile
We use eucalyptus... either oil, or the dried herb, seeped in hot water, for the little one to breathe in. GOOT is also great on the chest and bottom of feet (mix equal amounts of chopped garlic, coconut oil, and olive oil). For teething, we use amber necklaces, and they seem to work great!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2015 :  3:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much.I am very grateful.He is miserable.Nothing like himself.
quote:
Originally posted by hudsonsinaf

We use eucalyptus... either oil, or the dried herb, seeped in hot water, for the little one to breathe in. GOOT is also great on the chest and bottom of feet (mix equal amounts of chopped garlic, coconut oil, and olive oil). For teething, we use amber necklaces, and they seem to work great!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  10:04:35 AM  Show Profile
Hope the baby is feeling better! My remedy for colds and congestion is prevention! If babies are given moisture around the nose area the nose will run. If we do this for babies before they can roll over and exert themselves alot it makes their nose run. This is good so that the nasal passages are not getting clogged. And of course lots of fresh clean air is so important for the little dear! Because the quality of air going in mixing with their respiration going out creates clogs that sometimes can destroy the immune system health. Blessings

HAPPINESS IS BEING A MOM
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Sick grandbaby :( Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page