Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Anyone Looking to De-Stash?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone Looking to De-Stash? Next Topic  

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  08:01:44 AM  Show Profile
Is anyone looking to de-stash their yarn/fabric collection???

I'm looking for anything and everything. I like to keep some on hand for a rainy day. I'm hoping that once I get some ear warmers and head bands made up, I may be able to start selling some on the side and make a little money here and there. Feeding a family of 6 is becoming increasingly difficult anymore!

Thanks as always!!!!

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Wife, Mother, Soldier, Blessed

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  1:35:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nikki,
Just checking to make sure Carrie Jo, from henquarters here, asked for your address so she could send you some bolts of fabric we de-stashed. Great idea.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  2:04:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh MaryJane! Such an honor to hear straight from you. Not gonna lie, that totally made my day and I might have bragged to my girlfriends!!!!!!!

Yes ma'am, she sure did!!! I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am that your willing to share your fabric with me! I plan on making some rag quilts to donate to the local hospital and some aprons to send to the women's shelter. I'll post a picture and let you know how they turn out!!!

I may even find someone who might give me a dollar or two for them, but we'll see. lol.

Thank you again so so much and God Bless!!!!

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  7:12:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm sure whatever you make will be fabulous. Glad we could help.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  8:25:47 PM  Show Profile
Nikki, the fabric we sent is what we've been using to sew our little Tote Bag Specials for the last couple of years and decided it was time to change it to something else. It's been prewashed and put back on the bolts.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  8:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
That is so nice of you, MaryJane. I am donating heavier denim-like fabrics to our local 4H and in February may be teaching them how to make Alzheimers aprons for their service project donation. There are so many uses for leftover fabrics.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  07:10:09 AM  Show Profile

Thank you so so so so much MaryJane for the wonderful fabric! I cannot wait to start on my projects next weekend!! (I've got National Guard duty this weekend). I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am that you'd share these with me!

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  3:51:15 PM  Show Profile
That's sooooo coooool !! Mz MaryJane ROCKS!!! Please post photos of your progress. And if you get a pile of bits and pieces then just mail them to me for my quilts and mini quilts. I love the fabric.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  06:15:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh I'd be more than happy to share a bit!!! MaryJane was so gracious and sent me tons!!!

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  09:18:11 AM  Show Profile
Doing the Happy Dance for ya, Nikki..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  4:26:08 PM  Show Profile
Likewise! If you have extra fabric, we can certainly put it to good use. I have 16 kids (1/2 boys and 1/2 girls) in my elementary sewing club. They are just starting to learn to use a sewing machine. We finished fabric postcards on Friday. We'll be working on travel pillowcases the next two club sessions. I'll be happy to reimburse the shipping costs.

Teresa

Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  06:30:08 AM  Show Profile
I'd be more than happy to share a bit. MaryJane was so very generous with the amount she sent! I'll email you!

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  10:12:18 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for the thank you cards Teresa!!!! That was sooooooo sweet!!!! That totally just made my day!!!

God Bless from the Midwest Nikki H. #5131
Wife, Mother, Soldier
Go to Top of Page

GGBQuilter
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

60 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  7:09:30 PM  Show Profile
Greetings: As a new Farmgirl, I am reading through many many posts! Reading this post has been wonderful. So generous of MaryJane to donate fabric. I would like to share that I started a new Sewing Ministry at my church three years ago as a result of an article in MaryJane's magazine about Dress A Girl Around The World. To date we have made 230 dresses. The majority of the fabric was donated from a gal cleaning out her Mom's house. The fabric that did not meet the dress requirements was donated to our local migrant ministry organization. We have received a few smaller donations and still have some yardage to sew up. It would be wonderful if our church Sewing Ministry could be added to list of recipients for 100% cotton fabric when it is being de-stashed, the smallest dress we make uses 3/4 of a yard.
With appreciation,
Gae
Farmgirl #7534
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone Looking to De-Stash? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page