Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 Make pattern for bigger size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Make pattern for bigger size Next Topic  

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  9:21:01 PM  Show Profile
I have a pattern for a dress I'd like to make for next summer. It's vintage and way too small. Does anyone have any advice?

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  9:31:09 PM  Show Profile
Yes, there are several things you may do. Measure yourself against the pattern then make a muslin pattern of each piece to your measurements and tweek it from there. Make the seam allowances 2 or 3 times larger than on the pattern and either hand or machine baste the muslin garment together. Have someone help you pin fit the muslin garment. Mark the pinned darts, tucks, hem lines, etc. Take the muslin garment apart and transfer all the necessary markings. True the lines on the muslin pieces. You may now use the muslin pieces as a the pattern or transfer it to paper. This should get you close to the fit you want.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2015 :  2:04:42 PM  Show Profile
The way I have enlarged a pattern one time was to cut it in fourths following the grain line. If that makes sense. It also depends on how much detail is in the pattern. Here is a site that might help. I am in no way affiliated with this site. http://lauraaftermidnight.com/2013/09/enlarging-vintage-patterns-and-using-pdfs/

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589

Edited by - Dapple Grey Lady on Dec 08 2015 2:05:11 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Make pattern for bigger size Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page