Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Taking the Reins- Any Ideas???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Taking the Reins- Any Ideas??? Next Topic  

miles2go
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Jackie
Canterbury CT
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2015 :  05:47:22 AM  Show Profile
So, my husband is still working carpentry and is soon to move on. He has been working at this job since 96' and he is very good at it. However, now with a crushed disk in his backbone, high blood pressure, and intermittent lyme disease, he needs a new job. I would like for him to work at home, even if it means doing a variety of things. He is great on the computer with graphic design and website design and so on... He has a ministry called Due Season Ministries which is all about encouraging the servants of God, in a nutshell. He is an anointed preacher and a worship leader.
Anyway, any ideas?
His dream is to eventually to be in full time ministry and a home job would definately help. I have lots of ideas, but perhaps a comment here will help to confirm something.
I'm at home with the seven kids and I homeschool them.

Simplicity & Godly Sincerity, by Grace

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2015 :  12:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
My daughter was a graphic designer also. She quit to stay at home with the new baby. But, she does design work from her home when she wants. I would suggest that your husband contact some graphic design businesses and offer his services. They might have him do some overload work that they need done immediately. That is what my daughter did. She is able to pick and choose the work load that she feels she can handle. Good Luck.

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  12:34:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I usually like to encourage people to "keep a going", but I also have learned as I am older that some areas of work take an extraordinary amount of emotional energy that is not available the way it used to be when one was healthy. My sister is a social worker and had to have a pacemaker put in. Her electrical system basically went haywire. Her cardio surgeon asked her what her occupation was because other than the electrical part her heart was healthy, and so was she. She replied she was a social worker and he responded with a loud, "oh wow, social workers and police officers are 80% of my pacemaker patients". I can only imagine that being a minister has a certain emotional toll to it (although I do know that turning it over to God can alleviate worry and stress.) One must have complete faith because we can never see around the corner. I know from my Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue that it would be difficult to have an active role in ministry because there is not enough energy. I think Lupus is worse and so I think his job will need to be more passive in nature. Perhaps he could write little sermons on topics and publish them. Maybe a newspaper would print them. And although one can never understand these illnesses, over time it sometimes becomes apparent that it was meant to provide "a time out" from what it was we were pursuing. Then we evolve as we integrate the debilitation and we find a new path within our new constraints. I hope this comes about. Best to you and your family as this process takes place. Hugs and prayers, Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  12:42:48 AM  Show Profile
oh sorry, I meant Lyme disease. But Lupus, Lyme, any auto-immune disorder, chronic pain -- it all effects us system wide in a cascading effect. So much time is needed to tend to our needs it almost is a part-time 20 hr job itself. So remember the 5 P's: Planning, Priority, Pacing, Patience, and Prayer :-) Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  05:42:19 AM  Show Profile
Jackie, I am soooo sorry. I also have Lyme disease and has been a big game changer. Has he ever looked into the website fiverr.com It is a site where people can offer services they will do digitally and charge $5 and more. It originally was $5 for each gig. He could figure out something unique he could design or do on the computer and offer that service. For instance, our region needs some loop maps made with brief descriptions of tourist things to do. So I would send him a map of our area, what we want compiled with graphics and he would put it together and post it on our website. It could be x amount of money for each loop. All of that could be done at home. And,,,, the nice thing is he could do it when he felt the best. I wound encourage him to look at the fiverr site. It may spark an idea.
Go to Top of Page

miles2go
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Jackie
Canterbury CT
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  07:37:09 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much.I will talk to him about this.
Jackie

etsy.com (coversamultitude)

Simplicity & Godly
Sincerity, by Grace
Go to Top of Page

miles2go
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Jackie
Canterbury CT
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  07:39:46 AM  Show Profile
Btw, look up Ledum for Lyme disease. Sometimes it can help symptoms. Also japanese knotweed. My husband found some relief with the ledum.

Simplicity & Godly
Sincerity, by Grace
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  10:44:07 AM  Show Profile
Jackie, I will look into Ledum. That is one of the few things I have not tried. Does he have a Literate Lyme Disease doctor he sees? I am currently working with a Dr that does the genetic side of my health and just getting ready to start with a married couple that have had Lyme and are naturopaths. I seem to do much better with herbs and essentials oil than any of the mainstream drugs they tried on me. Actually the hurt me more that helping me.
Go to Top of Page

miles2go
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Jackie
Canterbury CT
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  01:46:37 AM  Show Profile
He just has a regular primary care doctor. I have read a lot about herbs and have friends who see naturopathic physicians. Herbs are wonderful and can be very strong so it's good to talk to someone in the know. Man, I know what you mean about medicines. My doctor is very non holistic and she wanted to blame my problems with synthetic hormones on Lyme. She was going to compound the situation. I had to take matters into my own hands and find herbal solutions for my hypothyroidism. Seems to be working very well.

Simplicity & Godly
Sincerity, by Grace
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2016 :  11:44:13 AM  Show Profile
Jackie, I so know what you mean about mainstream docs. I have wonderful health ins. and rarely use it because I always end up worse than when I went it. They are light years behind the natural docs. I have come so far, but have a ways to go. I think things are changing and maybe now that we have a new leader in the US we may see some changes in the Lyme treatment and health care in general. Praying for a miracle.
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Taking the Reins- Any Ideas??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page