TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  8:59:29 PM  Show Profile
Sheila, I am so sorry you fell on the ice. I have done that a time or two here during ice storms. Elbows are not fun when they are hurt or broken. Please take care and know we care about you. God bless you.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

mjscanlan
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Mary Jo
Dennison Minnesota
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  06:26:20 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so very much Budzisz for my wonderful January Art. Love the trading cards and Minnesota theme.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
Go to Top of Page

mjscanlan
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Mary Jo
Dennison Minnesota
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  06:33:36 AM  Show Profile
Hang in there my partner! I am sending mine today.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
Go to Top of Page

junkinsis
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Beki
Seneca South Carolina
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  08:32:26 AM  Show Profile  Send junkinsis a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by hetty01810

Beki, I do hope you like it!! I felt so badly, I mailed it on January 30 and when I checked the tracking it kept saying delayed. I was in doubt that you would ever receive it. I also felt badly that I had somehow missed that the theme of the month was books. I guess with a four year old interrupting me in a near constant fashion, I get more distracted than I care to admit!!! This was my first time trying the mail art. I may have to practice more before I sign up again!!

"B the best u"
bybeki
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  09:22:14 AM  Show Profile
I can't even keep up with all the lovely photos of our amazing mail art! This was a fun swap, and I hope February will be just as fun <3

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

BackWoods
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Sarah
Guys Mills Pennsylvania
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  12:38:44 PM  Show Profile
Sheila, I understand the struggle of a small town. I'm glad you liked your necklace! Who knew copper was your favorite metal ;)

I hope you are feeling better. Falling on ice is no fun. Best wishes to you.

Sarah

Sister #6697
Go to Top of Page

hetty01810
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

8 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  2:40:09 PM  Show Profile
The mailman must have stolen my mail art!! :(
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  11:23:02 PM  Show Profile
Hetty,

Please don't shoot the postman!! It was totally my fault! Your package should arrive tomorrow. Please be sure to open the card stuck to the top of your box. . . (Basically a handwritten apology explaining that a family emergency took me away for a few days. I am so sorry! I now have two VERY close family members on Hospice care. When you get "the call" you drop everything and go. I failed to get it to the Post Office on the 30th.)

Erin,
Also, to you I owe an apology. I received your very lovely journal. It is gorgeous! I don't want to fowl it up by writing in it... ha ha I am attaching photos for all to see your amazing creative work!

~Blessings to all!

You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits!
Go to Top of Page

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  4:42:59 PM  Show Profile
Here are 2 pictures of the wonderful little book I received from Tamara.

Blessings to you on your life's journey.
Go to Top of Page

hetty01810
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

8 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  05:33:06 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SouthForty

Hetty,

Please don't shoot the postman!! It was totally my fault! Your package should arrive tomorrow. Please be sure to open the card stuck to the top of your box. . . (Basically a handwritten apology explaining that a family emergency took me away for a few days. I am so sorry! I now have two VERY close family members on Hospice care. When you get "the call" you drop everything and go. I failed to get it to the Post Office on the 30th.)

Erin,
Also, to you I owe an apology. I received your very lovely journal. It is gorgeous! I don't want to fowl it up by writing in it... ha ha I am attaching photos for all to see your amazing creative work!

~Blessings to all!

You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits!

Go to Top of Page

hetty01810
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

8 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  05:36:03 AM  Show Profile
Doris...the mailman survives and brought the most amazing book for me yesterday!! THANK YOU! Well worth the wait for which you need no apology. I have first hand knowledge how when you get the call, you answer!!! It was so adorable, as I looked over it last night I felt like you knew me personally! I shall cherish my mail art....and plan on making all the recipes!! Thanks again...I shall be sending prayers your way!
Go to Top of Page

sweetspirit112
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Allison
Pegram tennessee
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  08:26:32 AM  Show Profile
I got a cute barn painting from Mary Jean Baker! I love it! Sorry, I can't seem to figure out how to upload a photo. I tried to yesterday but it seems it didn't work :(
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  1:33:43 PM  Show Profile
Hetty,

So glad you liked it! Not sure if the denim pouch has any specific use but I loved making it and am considering making another from the other pocket from DH Levis that I refused to throw out. Crazy but there is a stress point that always seems to "give way" before you even have the jeans broken in properly! Luckily, I've convinced him that I really can use all "blow-outs" for crafting. . . not sure all of my ideas will always make it to fruition but hey, I'm working on it!

~*~ You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits! ~*~
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  1:46:19 PM  Show Profile
SISTERS,

Just wanted to say that being a part of this gathering is a blessing and you all have so much talent! Judging from the exchanges, I can see that our homemade projects obviously bring so much joy to one another. I know I personally have as much fun making these things as I do waiting for my surprise packages. If only there were more hours in the day to snip, clip, stitch, and glue. So thoughtfully made are these treasures. Thank you for sharing and know that checking in on chats with MJF-sisters is a definite highlight of my day!

Many Blessings to all my sister!

Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  1:58:05 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the prayers, Hetty.

The power of prayer is very comforting and means so very much!

quote:
Originally posted by hetty01810

Doris...the mailman survives and brought the most amazing book for me yesterday!! THANK YOU! Well worth the wait for which you need no apology. I have first hand knowledge how when you get the call, you answer!!! It was so adorable, as I looked over it last night I felt like you knew me personally! I shall cherish my mail art....and plan on making all the recipes!! Thanks again...I shall be sending prayers your way!

Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  9:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Such lovely art we're making! Tamara and Erin, your book and journal are so fun. And Doris, what a great idea for a denim pocket. I have a few of those on hand myself And thanks for all your kind words. This truly is a wonderful place to be.

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2016 :  09:55:02 AM  Show Profile
It's time to turn our attention to February Mail Art. If you have not received mail art for January, please send me an email so that I can contact your partner and get it sorted out. Hope everyone had fun this month

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2016 :  1:45:00 PM  Show Profile

Look, look, look what was in my mailbox yesterday: this oh-so-cute ceramic spoon courtesy of Danielle. She says she manufactures ceramics and painted this little gem just for me! Thank you so much Danielle, I absolutely love it.

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  09:06:54 AM  Show Profile
Yes, this has been the best. So many talented ladies, and your new spoon is really cute.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

Aalea
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Lynette
Brookings Oregon
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  11:15:35 AM  Show Profile
What fun!!!! Thank you so much for the little book MJ Winter! I enjoy hearing about my Farmgirl Sisters all over the USA!

Azalea, Queen of the Forest
Living the dream on the Oregon Coast.
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  1:36:35 PM  Show Profile
That spoon is darling!! Y'all rock!

Edited by - SouthForty on Feb 14 2016 8:41:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

junkinsis
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Beki
Seneca South Carolina
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2016 :  09:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Send junkinsis a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by SouthForty

Hetty,
Hello could you please tell me how you made this? I have my mom's jeans who passed and would love to make thid. I'm not an expert at sewing, but I can try. Beki or junkinsis

So glad you liked it! Not sure if the denim pouch has any specific use but I loved making it and am considering making another from the other pocket from DH Levis that I refused to throw out. Crazy but there is a stress point that always seems to "give way" before you even have the jeans broken in properly! Luckily, I've convinced him that I really can use all "blow-outs" for crafting. . . not sure all of my ideas will always make it to fruition but hey, I'm working on it!

"B the best u"
bybeki

Edited by - junkinsis on Feb 15 2016 09:04:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

hetty01810
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

8 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2016 :  2:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Doris...thanks for posting the pictures of the adorable mail art I received. I have no idea how to upload pictures but am so pleased that everyone gets to see your adorable work. The pocket idea was ingenious. I LOVE IT. I had my family for dinner and made the chocolate-espresso cupcakes for dessert. They were delicious!! THANKS AGAIN for my wonderful and thoughtful mail art!!!
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2016 :  6:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Hetty,

You are more than welcome! It was fun using all of the mediums. I collect random things that pique my interest and it's always fun to incorporate unexpected things into an exchange with other farmgirls. Originally I was planning on a wall hanging of some sort but then the little photo album found its way into my hands and it seemed like a neat idea to come up with 40+/- mini layouts than one big one. Plus, I think sometimes you run the risk that someone else might not want to display your "artwork." The little book helped alleviate that issue. You can tuck it away and take it out whenever, or if you have the space, add it to your farmgirl goodies. Right now, I personally don't have much space and most of my things are packed in boxes and only bare minimums are out. Anyhow, glad you liked it and like I mentioned, I think I will use the other rear pocket and duplicate the pouch. Another good thing about doing exchanges is that it helps build my supplies back up. Little things like glue and thread get added to the stash since a yard here and a pinch there are often all you need for a project!

Looking forward to the February exchange. Are you participating in that one as well?!

Blessings!!

Go to Top of Page

pennyquilter
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Mary
Charlotte Michigan
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2016 :  06:11:44 AM  Show Profile

I still haven't received anything from the January mail art swap.
Mary
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Farmgirl Mail Art: Previous Topic January Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page