Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Complete your UFO's in 2016!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Complete your UFO's in 2016! Next Topic
Page: of 33

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  9:28:42 PM  Show Profile
Ok,,, ladies,,, what fun we had getting a few UFO's off our sewing tables, sofa, kitchen table...

Let's get a start on 2016... and get some more UFO's finished...
Goodness knows I still have containers full of started, partly... almost finished projects... and I know I am not the only one! lol!

So here we go,, 2016... I am going to get a handle on my UFO's...and hopefully won't add to the list of UFO's,,, and if I do, oh well, there is always 2017 snork, giggles!
Anybody wanna join me?

*besure to click on the "subscribe to this topic" box (top rt corner, below the 'New topic' box).. to keep you posted of our updates...*

And 2016 is off to a good start!

katmon ~ grace
yellowrose ~ sara
churunga ~ marie
ladybek9756 ~ rebecca
ruthie218 ~ ruthie ann
forgetmenot ~ Judith
needy ~ Juanita-
quiltee ~ linda
denise ann ~ denise
audra rose ~ vanessa
celticheart ~ Marcia
sunnyjam ~ Jamie
simply satisfied ~ Emily
Beverly ~ Beverly
CeeJay48 ~ CeeJay
JTHomp ~ Justine
BonnieEllis ~ Bonnie
Song Sparrow ~ Amy
hudsonsinaf ~ shannon
Daizy ~ daizy
sherone_13 ~ sherone
notathreadinsight ~ erin
maryjanesniece ~ krista
mbenton16 ~ Maryellen
southforty ~ DL
Red Tractor Girl ~ Winnie
Needle ~ Judy
debbieklann aka Debbie
AuntJemelle ~ Jaime
Dare2BUniquleyMe-Sherrilyn
Christy925 ~ Christy
Atkinst2 ~ Theresa
healingtouch~Darlene
janamariejs~Jana
gramadinah-diana

** my hope is that this lil thread will encourage and motivate us (me) to get at least 1 project completed,,, just one can make a difference,,, and who knows... it could lead to getting even more finished... just look at last years.. heeheehee!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 04 2017 5:40:45 PM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6812 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6812 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  10:41:36 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I already have a brand new UFO for 2016. Started working on making a tea cozy a week ago and already I have put it up for another time. I joined Linda "Quiltee's" temperature quilt challenge so something else had to be set aside.

The Jubilee apron is still on my kitchen table waiting for the day I can cut it out. It's not a real UFO because that's how I get things done.

Thanks for starting a UFO's in 2016 thread. Hopefully somewhere down the line it'll help me get that tea cozy finished.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  11:15:46 PM  Show Profile
I reviewed my list from last year (see pg. 1, Complete Your UFOs in 2015) and found I had only finished 2 of the 5 listed. I have transferred them to this year's list and added more. Once again, I will keep the list up and strike them out as I finish.

2016 UFO List

1) Mending - DUH

2) Alter Night Gown - will get out a pattern piece with a princess seam and see what I can do

3) Crochet Doll - started for a farm sister over a year ago

4) Crochet Dish Cloth with Butterfly - promised to a farm sister 2 years ago. I need to search for a pattern or make my own.

5) Christmas Paper Doll - promised to a farm sister last year. I just have to make it.

6) Dish towel and dish cloths for a wedding tis past August - I had started to work on them at the reception. My little dog Morgan is helping me with this. *** DONE ***

I plan to organize my life better in order to get more UFOs done. Lowell's (DH's) band rehearses here every Sunday. I want to make that my main crafting time. I had purposely not started to make a temperature blanket because of this and because I already have a crochet bedspread started. Again, I am being realistic. The only swaps I will enter are the pocket letter swaps. Let's get them done.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Feb 01 2016 9:06:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  06:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Grace,
I have decided to join you in 2016 to help with the few items, well not so few, UFO's and complete them this year. The first one on my list is a sweater that I want to finish for my husband for Christmas. I have only short bursts of time, since he retired in December and it will probably take the entire year to complete, but that is the one major thing on my list. The other few projects are tablecloths, placemats, coasters, and oven dishtowels for each month. I have about 4 cut out and hope to finish them before I start on a new one. I also have clothes cut out for me since I have lost some weight and need them. That's just for starters, I have a couple of boxes that I have no idea what I have started in there, but will by the 10th. I need a place to stay motivated to complete them and make room for new ones, LOL.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  06:58:03 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been able to get to alot of my craft stuff with moving so I know I have UFO's but not sure what they might be. But what I know is that I want organized all my craft stuff in tubs marked and ready pull for a project at anytime. I did start a crocheted temperature blanket to use up the big box of scraps I own. I can complete this as it is 1 row a day of crochet.

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  07:17:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Rebecca and Ruth. This is a good place to get and stay motivated. Last year I put a small (very small dent) in my mending and got off my butt to get some other things done. I hope for this for the two of you too.

Rebecca - We will be interested to know what kinds of UFOs are stashed in that box and why they were set aside. I believe that insight can help all of us.

Ruth - Sounds as if the first UFO to tackle is organizing the craft stuff. Let us know when that is done. I can also see an inventory is UFOs is necessary. This will be a good start.

PICTURES . . . PICTURES . . . PICTURES

We want to see pictures of all the UFOs maybe in before and after shots. Let's get those smiley faces up next to our names.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  08:11:52 AM  Show Profile
OK. I would like to join this year. You all inspired me last year. I did pretty well yesterday. Started the temperature rug/tapestry and found my hexie pieces for the temperature quilt. Finished making a microphone for my oldest 2 yr. old g-grand. (She currently sings into the ever popular hair brush). only 4 more rows on the basket stitch knit dishcloth.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  10:03:26 AM  Show Profile
sometimes it can feel daunting when we look at our 'stack' of unfinished projects,, whether they are sewing/crocheting/quilting/cardmaking,, etc... but it just takes one completed project to lighten the load.
Sometimes I feel like clearing a path into my sewing room is a completed UFO! lol!
I know I will always have UFO's,, it's just my nature... and I will always add to the stash of UFO's,,, but when I knuckle down and get one completed,,, I feel such a sence of accomplishment...
That being said,,,, if I get off this inferno 'puter... I might get to one of my UFO's... lol!
hugz

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  3:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
DUH, Grace -

Of course I will join in on the 2016 UFO thread. OMG! How many UFOs do I have?
Here's my list of 21 to start:
1. Binding on my Bonnie Hunter "My Sister's Choice" quilt - FINISHED 10/27//16.
2. Binding on Black/White quilt - FINISHED 2/25/16
3. Binding on Mystic Maze quilt - FINISHED 8/25/16
4. Binding on Mom's Green plaid music quilt - FINISHED 1/7/16
5. Binding on Mom's blue/yellow squares quilt - FINISHED 10/15/16
6. Binding on Attic Windows quilt
7. Binding on Mom's blue and white quilt - FINISHED 1/11/16
8. Binding on 30's print BOM quilt - FINISHED 8/25/16
9. Binding on Orange and green scrappy Nosegay quilt
10. Minion quilt top #1 for grandtwin - FINISHED July 2016
11. Minion quilt top #2 for grandtwin - FINISHED July 2016
12. Star Wars quilt top for grandson - FINISHED July 2016
13. Nickel Quilt of Scrappy houses -
14. Add borders to Sewing Row Quilt
15. Black/white w/splash of color quilt
16. Top for Christmas 10" squares quilt - from MJF Swap - FINISHED a while ago and forgot to list - LOL
17. Star Wars pillowcase #1 - FINISHED 1/7/16
18. Star Wars Pillowcase #2 - FINISHED 1/7/16
19. Star Wars pillowcase #3 - FINISHED 1/7/16
20. Dish Drainer quilt and Microwave bowl potholder (like the ones I made for MaryJane last year). - FINISHED 2/23/16
21. Top for MJF Valentines Swap 10" squares quilt
22. Use stash of cotton yarns to make dishcloths, washcloths, and soap holders.
23. Make Ruffle and Ribbon Scarves with stash of ruffle and ribbon yarns.
24. Christmas Table Runner #1 - 2 ornaments
25. Christmas Table Runner #2 - 2 ornaments
26. Christmas Table Runner #3 - 3 ornaments
27. Mini Apron Wall Hanging. Would be great for Jubilee decorations.

Of course, there are many more UFOs, but this is a great start. I KNOW I will add new projects in between these UFOs. Don't we all? I'll post pictures as they are finished. I hope to do several of the bindings to finish the quilt this week.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 29 2016 06:34:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  5:21:37 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I think you have the corner market for Quilt UFO's! lol!

Juanita.. yep, the good thing about UFO's,,, is we can always finish them,,, "Next year"... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  04:45:13 AM  Show Profile
Grace sign me up again this year. I have all kinds of things to finish in 2016!!!
This is good motivation for me to keep working a little every day!!
Happy New Year everyone!!

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2207 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  1:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Put me on your UFO list. My mother in law gave me a quilt top that I've decided to finish, and I want to replace the cushions in our tiny pop up camper and generally glam it up before summer 2017, when we will return to Sturgis. Those are my main goals. I'll p9st pictures after we get back from our hockey game (Go Wild!)

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  2:09:12 PM  Show Profile
I been in the bedroom/sewing room with the dogs and cat listening to podcasts from Lion Brand Yarns and getting some stuff done. The band is now rehearsing We Were On My Mind by The We Five. So far I have finished the following:

* two pet toys for a Christmas swap
* mended one pair of socks that had a hole in them
* fixed a hole and sewed down a belt loop on a pair of jeans

I will use the rest of my time to work on the belated wedding present.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  3:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Grace/Kat -
Ha ha! That's only the tip of the iceberg - sew to speak. My complete list of UFOs - just fabric/quilting related - has been well over 100 projects. I am not at a loss of something to work on. And you send me the Picture Frame pattern, so I want to make some of those, also.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  3:29:15 PM  Show Profile
Denise and Vanessa,,, you are now on the list,,, if you can't find any UFO's to complete, let me know,, I'll send ya some of mine! lol!

Linda,,, send me your addy for the pattern,,, I had it,,, but considering the mess in my sewing it would be faster for you to re-send it to me! lol!

Marie,,, you "over achiever you"! lolol! I had every intention of going into my sewing room today and get some puttering done,,, but then the sun came out and we got nice mid 50's temps,,, so I went outside to play instead... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  3:41:09 PM  Show Profile
Being outside to play is not a bad thing. We have 6 or 7 months of inside weather up here in the cold north. As they say here, nine months of winter and three months of poor sledding.

I have read an article about personal rituals: how to start them, when to have them, what the purpose is. I believe I have the good fortune to be able to have a time and space perfect for a ritual and to work on UFOs. Every Sunday, Lowell (DH) has a rehearsal for his band, Ten Thirty Bones. It lasts from noon until about five and sometimes later. Today, I moved the four objects I need to in order to get to my sewing machine, put on some podcasts from Lion Brand Yarn (it took me a while to figure out how to get them going without the need to buffer) and set to work. As you can see, I was pretty productive. The big reasons for this are as follows:

1) DH was entertaining himself so I didn't have to.
2) I had no distractions.
3) I had my favorite thins with me: dogs, cat, tea, chocolate, laptop for podcasts.

I was in total heaven.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  4:13:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marie,,, Tru Dat! your list is the perfect way to get things done,,,
and I have to laugh,,, you placed your DH in the #1 position... that is often why I don't get things done,,, when DH is home,,, he is like a 3year old,,, always under foot! lololol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2207 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  4:58:35 PM  Show Profile
Marie...you are still working on the shrug for me too! I'm in no hurry.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  10:07:44 AM  Show Profile
I want to participate in this too. I'll make a short list of my UFOs....I have SO many.

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

SunnyJam
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Jamie
Seattle WA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  11:35:58 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join, too! This Christmas was very nice but I'm determined to make more of my gifts and cards next year, which means that the backlog of projects needs to GO. I've got two jelly roll race throw quilts, four market totes, a table runner, a scrapbook, one crocheted baby blanket, and one quilt top to wrangle.

Farmgirl Sister #2504
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  2:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Becky -
How are you making your monthly tablecloths? Sounds like you plan to be really coordinated monthly. Good for you!
Ed will be going to Honduras with a group of doctors for a week in February to volunteer in the clinic there, so I hope to get several UFOs off my list that week. LOL! I wanted to go with him, but didn't work out this time I hope to go with him next time.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  3:24:34 PM  Show Profile
Grace, are we supposed to be putting a list of UFOs on here that we want to finish, or do we just let you all know as we complete them?

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  5:56:26 PM  Show Profile
My first UFO for the year is to use up all my dishcloth yarn. As a way to get less yarn around the house I am starting with dish cloth yarn. I have some great yarn for shawls that I can't wait to get to so thought making myself use up this yarn first would be a good idea and the other yarn a motivator to do it.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  6:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have so many UFO projects, I just touched the surface on the quilting in the list above.

As for knitting, I have 2 partially knitted shawls, lots of dishcloth yarn, sock yarns, and yarn for a complete knitted coat, plus some other. Have some fleece that needs spinning.

Unfortunately, my focus right now is my quilting. I'm determined to whittle down my stash as bit, as I wait for my Valentines fabric for the swap. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  7:11:45 PM  Show Profile
Judith, you can list them or just tell us about them as you complete them... what ever is easy...

Marcia, Jamie and Emily,,, you are now on the list,,, have fun working on your UFO's and let us know when you complete them...

I have sewing projects, Hexagons, cross stitch, a small crochet blanket to work on.... and that's just the top of the stack,,, wish me luck... lol!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jan 04 2016 7:12:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  7:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Judith - I believe that if one articulates in some way what must be done and put it in writing, there is more of a chance to get it done. So do what many have done here and mention what you want to get done or do a list and pictures as I do. When you finish something, let us all know and include a picture.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Complete your UFO's in 2016! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page