True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  4:52:07 PM  Show Profile
LOLA,
Yes, but I did get your mail art and LOVE IT!!! Soo creative.
Lola used a Calendar kitchen towel and lined it matching fabric. The inside has a pocket and a small burlap drawstring pouch attached for money.
She has a large decorative button, and tightly braided matching handle.
the Lovely Farm to Market Bag sports a big rooster in a idyllic farm scene background.

I couldn't get a good photo, so I thought I'd paint you all a picture in words.
Thank you, Lola..
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  4:57:01 PM  Show Profile
For my mail art partner who is patiently awaiting my mailing.
I've been out of town much of this month. I was home most of this week and tried to make to two different projects.
They were both miserable FAILURES!! AGH!!!

So, I'm running late and will have your package in the mail by Monday as I will be gone again on Friday and Saturday.

I hope you will enjoy your surprise -- and I do apologize on my tardiness. So sorry.
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Kitty Komforts
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Danielle
Ridgefield Washington
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  11:15:14 PM  Show Profile
My mail art arrived yesterday from Tennessee! I was so touched by my mail art friend to notice that I love cats and to craft an item with this in mind! Thank you so much for this thoughtful gesture...my sweet gift is hanging in my kitchen and bears a resemblance to one of my 11 cats!!! ^..^

“I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.”
#8213; Jean Cocteau
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  04:17:48 AM  Show Profile
Beki, hope you like your mail art! From the USPS tracking number I see it was delivered to you on the 26th:)
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  11:39:50 AM  Show Profile
I mailed my mail art today. It will arrive Monday.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  1:07:35 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca...I rec'd your mail art today, thank you so much for beautiful view of mountains in the frame, along with added goodies! Will post pic over the weekend as I just got home from a surgical procedure and need to rest awhile. Thank you again;)
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2016 :  08:38:48 AM  Show Profile

Thank you so much for the wonderful mail art Sarah! I love chickens so this will make a nice addition to my décor!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Lolachella
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Rochelle
Traverse City MICHIGAN
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  2:01:06 PM  Show Profile
I have to share a story with you ladies....Madelena was my art pal this month and I want to share why she got what I sent. Years ago, my sister heard a quote (she was an avid gardener) about "if you plant a seed......you believe in God. She could never remember the true quote and we always had our eyes open to find it in our travels. She passed away 2 years ago at the young age of 60 and we never found the quote. When I received Madelena's name, I searched her profile and what do you think I found as her quote? THIS!!!!
"There is no unbelief: "Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
The art I had made for Madelena was an old dishtowel I found going through my sister's stuff after she passed and I knew it would make a groovy purse! Finding this quote was truly a gift from God and I wanted to make it for Madelena in honor of my sister, Renee.
Below are pictures that I had a coworker model before I sent it to Madelena!

I feel blessed to be part of this great site!

Chella
Go to Top of Page

farmtn
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Beth
Quebeck Tennessee
22 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  3:44:57 PM  Show Profile
Danielle, I am glad you like your kitty cat. I hope her little shamrock collar didn't fall off during shipping. I didn't think to take a photo of her wearing it..Beth

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  5:50:10 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn! I got your package yesterday. Oh My Word! I love it. I will take a picture and try to upload it from my phone. The flowers were so inventive and cute. I can't decide where I want them.

To my partner....I will send yours out this Friday. I have been without a car since my husband's truck went down. Hopefully his truck will be done by then. I hate being stuck without a vehicle.

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

Bleeni
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

Aimee
Jefferson Maine
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  05:20:41 AM  Show Profile

Boy oh boy, I got Really Lucky this month!!!! I received such a beautiful package from Beki...A lovely hand painted plate and mug with my name painted on it-by Beki. Each item had its share of Shamrocks in keeping with this months theme. It came with a card full of love and the package even smelled Heavenly!!
Thanks and love to you Beki!!!

Bleeni
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  05:31:42 AM  Show Profile
A handsome kitty came to live with me this month. His name is Nigel and he is all decked out in his St Pats finery. Thanks Vanessa

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.

Edited by - grammytammy on Apr 06 2016 05:32:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

BackWoods
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Sarah
Guys Mills Pennsylvania
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  08:04:59 AM  Show Profile
First of all I need to apologize to my partner this month, your package is being mailed out today. I'm so sorry it's late. Please forgive.

Second, I want to send out a thank you to my sender of mail art this month. How cute is this little guy? Thank you so much, you are so talented!

Sarah

Sister #6697
Go to Top of Page

Bleeni
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

Aimee
Jefferson Maine
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  08:12:03 AM  Show Profile
Sarah,
That guy is absolutely a cute BOMB!!!

Bleeni
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  11:28:21 AM  Show Profile
Nigel is a perfect name for him!

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

MitchK
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Michelle
Parker TX
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  05:50:37 AM  Show Profile
This arrived today with a lovely note from Kathleen in South Dakota. (please ignore the messy desk, =-)

Michelle K.
Go to Top of Page

Jayme Carleton
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Jayme
Warrenton VA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  1:12:25 PM  Show Profile
My package just arrived and I love it! Thank you so much Mary!!! The spring sign is adorable and now hanging in my sunroom. I like looking that direction and seeing the sign and the background of trees. I have already hung the inspirational towel and have placed one of my plants on the linen doily. I really love doilies! The pattern and card are so cute! Thanks again for everything.
Jayme

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  2:17:33 PM  Show Profile
Rochelle, I love the story about your sister and the bag you made as well.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  6:06:01 PM  Show Profile
To my March MailArt sister who shall remain "Anonymous" for now),

Please don't fret that you haven't received your pkg. I've been the host to one Mr. Murphy S. Law here of late! I think he's actually moved in the spare bedroom and brought his two brothers, Broke and Stupid as well. We just can't seem to get a break around here. . . unless you count breaking a bone!

Anyhow, your March Mailart pkg will be on its way to you tomorrow. Hopefully you will receive it early next week.

BLESSINGS TO ALL MY FG SISTERS!

SouthForty, MJFG#3794

~*~ You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits! ~*~
Go to Top of Page

mjscanlan
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Mary Jo
Dennison Minnesota
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  05:26:51 AM  Show Profile
Rochelle Love the story of the towel as well. Great bag. Great Honor.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  10:09:32 AM  Show Profile
here is my fabulous package from Mary Jo I adore the little matchbook art so very sweet.. and the picture holder is adorbs and love the little owl dancing around.. WHOO WOULDNT ahahha thanks so much..

http://plumkrazy.etsy.com
http://plumkrazyvintage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  1:28:17 PM  Show Profile
Rochelle,

Your story was so touching. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to hear the reasons why we hold things near and dear to our hearts. My sister means the world to me as well. We almost lost her years ago in a head-on collision when she was just a mere 18 years young. Thankfully she recovered and was able to have children (which was questionable at that time). My life has been so deeply enriched by my only sister and her lovely offspring. We were close when we were younger but I was older and held more of an authoritarian position with her since I was often the closest thing to an adult that she had. But as she grew into a woman, we have evolved to a more sisterly relationship and are more like best friends now. We are unfortunately caring for an aging and ill mother at this time but luckily we lean on one another and find strength because of our bond when times are tough.

Life is indeed precious!

Hugs to you, dear.

SouthForty, MJFG#3794

~*~ You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits! ~*~
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  3:52:50 PM  Show Profile
Doris, that is a sweet story. I am glad you and your sister are so close. I have often wished my sister would be my friend. Unfortunately the middle child in her is so critical of me and my country lifestyle, it will not happen. She wanted to live in big D, moved there at 20 and now at 70 she still loves freeway madness, and her city ways. I have had my husband for almost 54 years. She has had two plus several relationships. She can not find one who is perfect. I have tried to reason with her over the years but gave up. I love to see stories like yours. God has truly blessed you. I have been down the road you are on, caring for my mother for five years. I will pray that God will help you through this time.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Lolachella
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Rochelle
Traverse City MICHIGAN
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  08:11:49 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Samantha for the groovy window art! It is so happy in my window!

Chella
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  08:39:11 AM  Show Profile
I've had so much fun seeing all of your projects this month. You gals are amazing in your creativity!

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farmgirl Mail Art: Previous Topic March Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page