Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Vampires are helping me lose weight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Vampires are helping me lose weight Next Topic  

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  1:06:07 PM  Show Profile
Betcha clicked to see what the heck I am talking about, lol. Are y'all like me? I am so active and busy in the summer, but when by the time Christmas is over, I have fallen off the healthy wagon, starting with Halloween. I think I just don't burn as many calories and eat extra sweets which I know is not good.

So I bought a stationary bike (to tide me over until spring weather and I can ride my vintage inspired one outside). I have been watching episodes of shows while I bike. I finished this season's Downton Abbey on DVD. All the kids in my dd's middle school watch "Vampire Diaries". I went to watch a couple to see what the kids are up to, and ended up hooked it, lol. It's my guilty pleasure. My clothes are fitting really well, I've lost inches, and am up to 16 miles/a day.

So, I guess vampires are helping me lose weight, lol.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  1:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Any ideas for good shows that are about 1/2 hour long or so on Netflix/Hulu? Almost done with the vampires, and have watched Rosemary and Thyme. :)

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  4:15:02 PM  Show Profile
I really did click just to see what the heck you were talking about! That is way awesome. Congratulations. Now if only I could get some of your motivation. I do have plans to start taking walks once the weather warms up just a tiny bit more. My guilty pleasure on Netflix is Bates Motel. It’s a very different kind of show but I love it. Actually I am addicted! The new season starts next Monday and I was thinking of watching all the past shows again. My mom has been suggesting I watch Fuller House, so maybe give that one a try.
Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  5:27:28 PM  Show Profile
Yup - you got me with the subject line!

Congrats on finding the right motivation.

A fun series to watch - have you seen Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries?

Thanks for motivating me, too :)
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  06:43:42 AM  Show Profile
Whatever works!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  07:22:18 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I will add Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries to my list - sounds good! And will check out Bates Motel and Fuller House, too. I have never been a big tv watcher, not like most, but what else when I am biking away? And if I am not watching something good, I start to think about laundry, etc. and end up cutting my workout short so it works. Can't wait until it's warm again and I can be outside. My daughter is annoyed because I'm watching "her" show and now I've surpassed her on episodes, lol. Thirteen year old minds. Cracks me up.

It's really working, this bike. What a bargain! The lady on tag sale (Facebook site) said it sat there unused in her house. My dd uses it, too. It inspired me to clean out my closet which was another good thing. I was surprised at a few pieces that fit again! I know I am not twenty something anymore, almost 44, so I just want to keep feeling good, stay healthy. Fitting in my jeans is a nice bonus!

What other good shows do y'all recommend? I also liked When Calls the Heart - alot. May watch that again. Anyone see that one?

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  07:55:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness... too funny!!! I too clicked to see what in the world you meant... I was a little concerned you were sick and giving lots of blood for tests and were losing weight (we call my endocrinologist a vampire, lol).

I think you came up with a great idea.. I have the opposite issue... I am constantly watching youtube while I nurse Emi - and it is almost always cooking shows - NOT GOOD! ;)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  08:00:59 AM  Show Profile
LOL, Shannon! No, nothing like that. My dd saw the topic line and said, "Good Lord, Mama!"

I can not watch cooking shows. They make me hungry! I love to cook and bake, and believe in moderation. I can't just forgo all treats. But in winter I am not burning calories and just want comfort food. And then from Halloween on it's sweets every which way ya turn.

Didn't mean to scare anyone. Just my warped sense of humor coming out...

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  11:15:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon! I am right there with you. I am in love with cooking shows! It’s a terrible addiction. I watch them all the time in hopes that I can be just as amazing at them some day! Especially those kids. Makes me feel bad when a kid can cook way better than me!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  12:05:22 PM  Show Profile
Love your thread!!!!! My stationary bike is parked in the living room, also. 16 miles!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to the weight loss.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2016 :  05:51:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marly!

Well, I have watched all the Vampire Diaries, snicker, much to my 13 year old's dismay, since it was "her" show, and my hubby and I are now two seasons ahead of her.

AND I have lost 11 pounds and 3 inches in my waist! WOO HOO! I still feel a bit "thick" in the middle, but feel great. Not dieting heavily but making small changes like meal portions and only one treat here and there, and not a big one. More veggies. More salad. Less carbs. Less cheese.

Chasing around a puppy who is 6 months is helping too, lol.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2016 :  06:59:47 AM  Show Profile
Another helpful thing to get through the workout is to call a girlfriend, put the phone on speaker, prop up on the bikes display, and ride away. I did over an hour yesterday and Sunday talking to my friends on out spinning bike and didn't even notice the time, except for my increase in sweat. LOL.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2016 :  07:15:54 AM  Show Profile
I have BBC comedies on my iPad, so I watch them while I use my elliptical.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

CeliaGingerich
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Celia
Marietta GU
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  11:30:27 PM  Show Profile
It's good to know that you were able to burn your body fats and reduce your weight by this method. And actually, I find this a very good way to shed weight. I too wanted to know some ways to burn body fats for my sister as she is facing cellulite. I found about Cellublue cup that targets fatty clumps https://www.cellublue.com/fr/product/kit-ventouse-anti-cellulite/. I personally think that you adopted a good and simple way to shed weight.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  4:45:21 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, congratulations on losing that weight!! It can be so frustrating to get it all off. In addition to Downton Abby, I love, love Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries too!! They are so awesome!! Our local public TV station offers all those great British shows which I watch every week. Have you been watching Victoria? If not, check it out!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  7:43:31 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Nicole! When I read the title, I had visions of you watching something like "The Walking Dead" and losing your lunch! LOL! So glad it's not anything like that! I'm so happy for you - congratulations on your weight loss! That is AWESOME!!!

We've been looking at stationary bikes... Can't decide which one we want... Probably a recumbent, though - that's what the cardiologist suggested, and my hubby likes the feel of it better than the traditional ones. I don't think we need fancy schmancey, but there is so much more to consider than I ever thought possible!! How did you choose? What did you get? SO looking forward to getting one! I need to move more. Even though we're always on the go, it feels like I'm not really getting true exercise!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2017 :  06:17:41 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, you are a hoot!

Congratulations on your weight loss and to your dedication to the stationary bike and vampires!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Vampires are helping me lose weight Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page