DeVaudrey18
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2016 :  7:34:08 PM  Show Profile
We are smack dab in the middle of summer, but I have a terrible itch to get started on my Fall decorating. Am I rushing it? lol I keep thinking coffee and muffins, everyone else is talking sweet tea and ice cream! :D
hugs

J'ai valu,vaux et Vaudrai

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2016 :  8:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Jessica! I am SO with you! One of my favorite sayings is, "There are two times a year: Autumn, and WAITING for Autumn!" :) I never have a problem with coffee and muffins... Last week I made homemade blueberry muffins, and my son has been begging me to make pumpkin muffins ever since! I'm really looking forward to fall... But, for now, I'm as content as possible with summer. 'Just countin' the days 'til the leaves turn! Hang tight, sister - it will be here before you know it! THEN will come the snow! LOL! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

DeVaudrey18
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2016 :  9:08:13 PM  Show Profile
oh no no you just keep those snow thoughts lol! much too soon to think beyond the leaves! lol it seems like the older I get, the more beautiful Fall is.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6810 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6810 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  02:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Jessica and Nina, I'm in the mood for fall year round...pumpkins and stuffed scarecrows stay out year round in my home. For years I have been dragging my fall things out in August, but this year I may start later this month or today.

Yes, today by changing out the yellow hose & bird house front door wreath for the yellow grapevine and sunflowers one. By Sept it will all be done. Of course it's not complete until the arrival of pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn for the porch. These days I do most of my seasonal decorating on the front porch with a little bit here and there in the house.

I know it's early but wouldn't a handful of candy corn and a glass of apple cider taste good as we dream of cooler days and the coming of all the beautiful fall colors.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  06:48:11 AM  Show Profile
I'm excited for fall, now that I've had my first year of my perennial bed I am anxious to make some changes! There were a few plants I didn't realize would get so high, and others that I thought would grow faster, so I'm going to space them out a little better once they are done for the year.

I'm also working on a cold frame for some fall and winter gardening, so that'll be exciting.

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  11:10:45 AM  Show Profile
Fall? Already? Ha ha I love fall but I just can't manage to put fall decorations up tell September. Foods and smells are a different story. I wouldn't mind a pumpkin spice candle in the near future. For me, July decorations last a bit longer then for others because we have the 24th of July, Pioneer Day. You just can't start fall before the holiday. I think I'm enjoying my nice warm weather way to much right now!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  11:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I love fall too, but will hold off on decorating a while. I usually change to "apple décor" in September, during our apple harvest and then change to fall in October.
Right now I have my beach themed decorations out. That mostly consists of a good sized seashell collection, samples of sand from different beaches I've walked and several beach/ocean photographs I've taken on our travels.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DeVaudrey18
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  1:28:36 PM  Show Profile
Sara--I am the same way with my Santa Claus. :) They stay on a shelf with some of my other things until Christmas, but I love the Santa's!!
Ceejay--your beach themed decor sounds adorable! I bet it is so relaxing!!
Krista-- Pioneer Day? I wish they did that here!! They do many of the fruit festivals. We just finished the strawberry festival. Super yummy and fun!

hugs

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  1:35:47 PM  Show Profile
WooHooo!!! Farmgirls with Fall on the mind too. It has been so stinkin hot here the past few weeks and I am DONE with all this heat and humidity!! We are currently visiting family in Virginia and it is hot and humid here like Florida. Sigh. At least here in Charlottesville, I can see the Blue Ridge Mts and apples trees have little tiny green apples growing away. Proof positive that Fall will be coming because the apples are growing! Lol!! Simple math!!

Like Ceejay in do apple themes in August and then pull out the rest come September. Lately, I've been doing some fall crafting and a knitting project to be ready. Jessica, if you decorate,post a photo so we can all enjoy!! Mini, I love that two seasons of the year approach!! Works for me!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Jul 14 2016 1:36:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  1:59:09 PM  Show Profile
You ladies have inspired me. There's a little alcove in our entryway that holds an antique radio and on top of it a pot I made in ceramics class in high school. I think that would be the perfect spot to hold some little seasonal decorations to greet people as they walk in.

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  8:32:30 PM  Show Profile
Fall is creeping up on me too! I bought some owl shaped silicone molds today to use for some soaps! They will be scented with autumn spiced pumpkin!

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  10:55:39 AM  Show Profile
I can't wait for Fall. Gosh this heat is so hard on the garden and me. I am ready for fall smells, decorations, food, and all the cool it brings. Betty your soaps sound so wonderful.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  11:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
The heat just about does me in! I live in dry climate . . .the humidity is something I just can't take!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  11:52:17 AM  Show Profile
Jessica- yes it is so much fun! We have days leading up to the 24th full of rodeos. We do more fireworks and parades. So many fun things going on. It's considered a state holiday and many people get the day off.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  07:58:18 AM  Show Profile
Krista ...sure does sound fun.

CJ....yes humidity is awful here. Dry is much better. Sure could use rain though.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  07:47:16 AM  Show Profile
I'm very much finding my thoughts turning to fall!!!

Pretty soon I will be unable to resist the urge to pull out my favorite fall themed book and just endulge:

https://www.amazon.com/Autumn-Heart-Home-10th-Anniversary/dp/0996044000/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1468853029&sr=1-1&keywords=autumn+from+the+heart+of+the+home+by+susan+branch

With the heat as it is, I just haven't been able to bear lighting candles - even with the A/C on. I look forward to cooler temps for that! I will decorate for Fall at the end of August/beginning of September. It will still be hot then, probably, but I never can wait longer!

But that timeline lets us finish any vacations, get DS back to school and then coincides with the beginning of the HGP (Holiday Grand Plan). The first week of the plan is Front Porch Week so I clean that and when done, hang up my Fall wreath on the front door and work on other fall decor inside as well! :)
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  11:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Jaime, I have Susan Branch's Autumn book too. It is a MUST Have for great ideas and recipes!!

So Jessica, did you pull out your Fall stuff and decorate? Did you make any muffins yet?

Sara, you know me, Candy Corn is an autumn must have! I've been working on a few fall themed swaps I signed up for this weekend and loving it. Even though it is hot and humid outside, I have been enjoying planning and making things for my swaps.

And.......the best news I have today is that when I checked at my local The Fresh Market, they expect their Fall Pumpkin Spice coffee to be here by the end of the month or the first of August!!!!!!!!!!!!! They make the best fall coffee and it is something I look forward to every year.

Hey did you all know that meteorologists consider September 1 as the beginning of the Fall season for weather patterns begin to change by that time. Even though we say Fall comes with the equinox on Sept. 21 or 22, the weather people have it start on the first of September. Works for me!!! That means, Farmgirls, only 43 days left until Fall!! Pumpkins stand by.......!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  11:37:17 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, that is such a cute fall bucket list! I'm sure I can check most of those off my list each year! The make and eat caramel apples has to be my favorite one!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  2:16:41 PM  Show Profile
Today I decided to break out a few apple things as is was so hot and humid outside I wanted a change of scenery inside. These photos are from my living room hunt board where I like to put seasonal things. I kept the sunflowers as a sort of blend from summer to early apple season.

Anyone else losing restraint on waiting longer for bringing out fall related decorations?? LOL!!

I also put away my Summer americana items that have been up since May.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6810 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6810 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  2:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Winnie your and mine decorating style are similar. I have areas in my home that are seasonal. For fall an extra pumpkin tucked here and some bittersweet there and I can transform the mood of a room without doing much. A garland of bittersweet hangs over the large mirror in my living room year round so I have a head start in that room.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

DeVaudrey18
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  10:19:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh your decorating is beautiful, Winnie. I havent been able to get mine out yet as we had a fridge leak and oh what a mess. We just now got the repairmen to come out. Hopefully, soon. We moved into our new place last October so I havent decorated here for Fall yet, just for Christmas. I had started decorating with Prim but it seems like I can't pinpoint one decorating style. I think all fall all the time! lol
Beautiful pics!

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4719 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4719 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  04:37:20 AM  Show Profile
This has been a soul sucking, hot and humid summer for us here in the Chicago area. I am fondly looking forward to jeans, sweaters, and using the fireplace again! I can't wait to get my fall decorations out.

Dawn in IL

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  05:06:39 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, I sure appreciate the feeling of a soul-sucking hotter than usual summer this year! It seems we have been in the same dilemma in Florida. Most of July has been record heat which is different for us. Of course we are hot and humid down here in the South, but normally we don't have weeks of upper 90s with no rain as has happened a few times. While we won't see much chance of cooler drier days until sometime in October, I am hoping this hot summer is not a predictor of a long and scary hurricane season! The waters off the city of Cedar Key , on the Gulf of Mexico, are registering 88 degrees at the moment! This heat is not only awful for us humans, but it is life changing for the fragile ecosystems down here.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  07:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Dawn and Winnie,
Has been very HOT here as well. We don't have the humidity for which I'm thankful, but anything over 85 for this high, dry climate is HOT, not normal and, as you say, "soul-sucking".
We did get cooler temps and some rain the weekend of July 4th but that lasted onlyabout 3 days. The last two evenings we've had some thundershowers, which brings some rain and cooler temps. It also brings wind, thunder and lightning which has caused lightning strike fires. We are now under fire ban again.
I'm thankful we don't live in hurricane country!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  1:29:35 PM  Show Profile
Such beautiful fall colors in those pictures. I cannot wait for fall!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  7:48:42 PM  Show Profile

I am looking forward to Fall also...I love decorating with all the beautiful colors...

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic Fall Itch Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page