Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Sorta annoyed... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  07:04:24 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, so we have asked our real estate agent to start looking for a new place for us. We gave her specifics and basically, I felt like she was driving us towards a different plan,,,almost her plan. She told us without HOA and with an older house, you don't know who is going to be living next to you or what problems you are going to have with the house. Hubby and I have accounted for this but she seemed like we were wasting her time. She started showing us new houses over $300k, which I about freaked out at the prices and the fact it had nothing we wanted.

We then asked her what she would list our house for. We have asked 3 other real estate person as well. She came in almost $15,000 less than the others. I know it all depends on many factors but it's almost like she just wants to sell it to get her profit and leave us. It just doesn't sit right with me. When I told hubby the price, he laughed and we are not money grubbing people, just realistic. The same house plan just sold for $190K, it has no yard and no upgrades and it sits where the roads t-bone- constant traffic and lights and people going by. We live on a cul de sace, 1/6 of an acre (the largest out of all the housing here and huge for cookie cutter land), we back up to main road but it's not that busy, with a green beltway behind it, we have maintained and added to this house and she wants us to ask only $192K..most others in the hood that have anything close to our lots size are asking $209 and above and getting it. The houses are slightly bigger but are surrounded all around by other homes. We have 2 neighbors and that is it. We landscaped the front yard and the back yard is a blank slate.

She is a friend but I think we are going to find another real estate agent. I will not compromise. So frustrating!!

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  07:26:31 AM  Show Profile
Yikes, Heather! I would be upset, too! This is especially hard, considering she is a friend. I feel for you, I really, really do. Have you asked her why she has come in so low with the price? Maybe she did it to help you move your house sale more quickly? That seems very odd, doesn't it? As far as showing you places that you would not even consider, we went through that years ago when we were looking for our home. Finally I asked the agent right out why he wouldn't take us to places we had specifically requested? He never gave us a direct answer, but we suspected that he would've made more commission on the ones he did choose to show us. Perhaps that is why your friend is doing the same. OR maybe she has inside insight about the homes you've requested and is trying to protect you. OR perhaps she just wants to ensure you have what she thinks is best. It's what YOU want that matters, though, so she needs to understand that if you are going to continue working with her. So hard. What ultimately matters is that you and your hubby get the most money out of your home as possible, and get the most bang for your buck out of your new home. If she can't do that for you, and if you've got this uncomfortable feeling in your stomach about continuing to work with her, then you're right, time to move on! Not an easy situation. Hang in there! I'll say a prayer for you! Keep us posted! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2016 :  10:29:42 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry, Heather. It makes it so hard when she is your friend but in the end it is ultimately what you want not what she wants. Make sure to tell her how you feel and don't be afraid to get another real estate agent if she continues to do what she's doing. You are going to want to get all you can for your current house so you have more money to purchase your dream home!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Sorta annoyed... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page