AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  6:22:14 PM  Show Profile
Wow Becky!!
Just beautiful! What a wonderful beginning! I just loved looking at all the pictures!! Congratulations and I can't wait to hear more about your great place!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  7:32:00 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca, what a dream come true! How lucky you are and what a great job you are doing! I don't think it ever gets really done. We have lived in our house for 53 years and there is always something to be done just enjoy it! Minnesota's climate is similar to Maine and those wood stoves will keep you toasty.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  07:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Well we are finally seeing results. I have the living room completely done. Here is one picture before the remodeling. This was the wallpaper in this room. Now for the completion. The new couch and cover. We also purchased a braided rug and you can see that little Angel loves it. The walls are Sagey Green and the drapes a golden green in color. This is the new wood stove and accessories. This is the new TV, entertainment center, and floor lamp. We went with black bears for the overall design in this room.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  3:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Did you save a piece of that wall paper? The make over is great. The color is soothing.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  4:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh Rebecca, your renovations are coming out beautiful!! It must be so rewarding to be able to claim the space for yourself and make it just like you want it to be. Thanks for including the photos so we all can enjoy!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  6:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Love the makeovers. Just beautiful! Love the furry friend too! Are you loving your stove? Awesome!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  7:19:43 PM  Show Profile
Wow, very nice! Thanks for sharing those!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
"Broken cookies don't have calories!"
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  04:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
As for saving any of the wallpaper, no I did not. The story behind this house is not good. When we bought it, the previous owner took a freezer I bought and paid for. Second, she left the house in a complete shambles with trash everywhere in the house, garage and many of the outbuildings for us to clean up and pay to remove. So I have a bad taste in my mouth with anything that she did. So that is why I am not keeping anything today. Paul did get a lot of tools and I am glad for that, and some of the things left behind are good and we kept them, but the decoration is going to be all ours. Sorry for the rant. I guess it still bothers me a little about the things I had to deal with when we first moved it back in September. But as we claim each room, it feels so much like it is us and I am slowly letting go of the anger and disappointment.

A for the stove, oh yes I love it. We use it almost every night these days. In my craft room I have a fireplace and when I am in there, I have a fire going on in that room.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  04:46:04 AM  Show Profile
Becky love your colors and black bear theme.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  09:24:58 AM  Show Profile
Becky...Love seeing the pictures girl!!! You are doing such a great job!!! I just showed my hubby your pictures and told him a little about you buying the Farmhouse. I actually
loved that Wall Paper and my husband thought I was NUTS...but after your telling the story of the former owner...I can see why you want no remnants of her left in the house. I is sad how so many people think they can just take what does not belong to them...and then to leave you that big mess...how unkind and mean. Anyway, I don't want to rant about your rant LOL...but I now understand fully why you want your personal finger-print on everything. You are doing a beautiful job too. So Cozy and yet, I know you still have a lot to get finished before you feel completely at home. Thank You for letting us all be part of your experience. It is so much fun to live vigariously through you.

Love, Joy and Peace,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  10:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Here are the new finished rooms and my husbands man cave that is still a work in progress. I think that it is turning our very nice.
1st: Picture of cat room color. We still have to put the things back into the room, but otherwise it is done.
2nd: Picture of coat room. We will be hanging up some hooks for the coats, but other than that it is done. We had it done in the tongue and groove wood.
3rd: The kitchen. We did this also in a tongue and groove wood. They added new shelves and the only thing that is left is the curtain. I am still trying to decide what theme or design I want to go with.

4th: Paul's Man Cave. Still a work in progress, but I wanted to show you what they have done so far.

This is all that is done at the moment. We do have a little things to do in each room, mostly decorating [curtains, doileys, etc.] before they will be completely done. The rest of the house once David and his crew finish upstairs in the hallway will be up to us, so it will be slower going. I am glad that most of the major remodeling work is about done. Well that's all for now.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  10:39:08 AM  Show Profile
I love the progress of the house and the choices you are making. The place is looking so cozy and cute!

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  4:37:51 PM  Show Profile
Love the look you are going for. You have a lot of shelving in the kitchen.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  8:09:46 PM  Show Profile
Very nice Becky. I really like the light wood. I can almost smell it from here. *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  11:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Well another area of the house is done now. This is the upstairs hallway. Because the plaster walls were really cracked and damaged and the floor was not in the best shape, we had it all remodeled.

Here are the before pictures:The old subfloor.
This is a picture of the new subfloor.

Now the walls:

The frames around the rooms:

Looking from upstairs to downstairs:

They have completed all the tongue and groove we are having done in the house. They still have a little bit left to complete in my husbands man cave and then it will be up to us to finish the painting and complete the inside of the house.

Becky

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  11:49:57 AM  Show Profile
Wow, beautiful, I love how the tongue and groove turned out. It must be such a wonderful feeling seeing the place coming along so nicely.

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  11:52:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I really love the tongue and groove look. It is amazing how the place is coming together and the house doesn't quite look the same. It is definitely better today than when we moved in. God blessed us with the funds to complete everything and then some.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  12:00:12 PM  Show Profile
Becky it's beautiful and I'm so happy for you.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  12:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Becky, love the tongue and groove. That's what my husband and I did in our house and it's beautiful. We did the ceilings too. Ask me how many times a board hit me somewhere! LOL! It was worth it! I have a tongue and groove center island in the kitchen also! My husband can do almost anything. Saved us a bundle.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora