Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Anyone have a freezer meal recipe!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Anyone have a freezer meal recipe! Next Topic
Page: of 4

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2022 :  09:00:02 AM  Show Profile
Carrie,
Sounds so good. We love venison!

Krista, going to check out that fajita recipe

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2022 :  5:11:02 PM  Show Profile
Carrie, I am not a fan a venison, but I like how the recipe calls for multiple meats. Does that tend to help with the flavor?

Denise, let me know if you try it!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Carely
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Carrie
Brookville IN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2022 :  1:11:21 PM  Show Profile
Krista, I think the multiple meats really does help with the flavor. I was like you, I didn't like venison either, the only way I had ever had it before I met my husband, it was very gamey tasting and really put me off of wild meats. When I met my husband, he was an avid hunter and I knew I needed to learn to like it... I started with stew.

Our trick with whole venison meat is to soak it in heavily salted water for 3 days, changing the salt water at least 1 time per day. This pulls out the gamey flavor. It also helps that he isn't hunting for that giant old buck.

When I learned to like stew, I started making venison roast, it took me about 5 years to start making the meatballs and also a 3 meat meatloaf (same meats). Recently I started making venison chili and tacos.

I still can't eat venison steaks or chops and really dislike venison sausage and burgers, it's just too dry. If you notice, the majority of what I make with venison are heavily seasoned/flavored meals.

Carrie

Farmgirl #8358
Member since March 23, 2021.

Rural Farmgirl dreaming of having a minifarm of my own.

Edited by - Carely on Jan 22 2022 1:19:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2022 :  1:36:31 PM  Show Profile
Carrie, you make me laugh. I’m so glad I’m not the only one. I’ll definitely give the multiple meat meatballs a try and see how I can handle them!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2022 :  1:32:34 PM  Show Profile
I came across another meal over the weekend and gave it a try on Monday. It was delicious! And afterwards I found out it can be used as a freezer meal! I’m super excited! It was called sausage tortellini soup. So yummy.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Carely
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Carrie
Brookville IN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2022 :  5:15:45 PM  Show Profile
Nubidane, sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Maybe next time you get out, we can get together for lunch!! Let me know.

Carrie

Farmgirl #8358
Member since March 23, 2021.

Rural Farmgirl dreaming of having a mini-farm of my own.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2022 :  1:06:59 PM  Show Profile
We made our breakfast burritos last Saturday and ended up with 80 burritos. Half with onions and peppers and half without any peppers for the weirdos in my family who don’t like them lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2568 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2568 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2022 :  3:54:55 PM  Show Profile
Krista funny you mention breakfast burritos, I was going to suggest that. They heat up fast and there's no mess.

Vintage sewing machines, original parts & related book titles.- http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2022 :  12:33:30 PM  Show Profile
They are super easy for my family. We only have a couple left because everyone likes them so much. I’ll have to make some more again. You only get one big mess at the start and the rest is mess free.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Anyone have a freezer meal recipe! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page