Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 * Finish Those UFOs in 2017 * 134 UFOs finished
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic * Finish Those UFOs in 2017 * 134 UFOs finished Next Topic
Page: of 26

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  06:26:42 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I haven't heard from Grace so I will start the new thread. Let's get those UFOs off our sewing tables, sofa, kitchen table and out of the closet.

Let's get a fresh start on 2017 and get some more UFO's finished.
The first step towards fixing a problem is admitting you have one. So here I go: I have containers full of started, partly finished, almost finished and planned projects. I know I am not the only one!

So here we go. In 2017 I AM going to get a handle on my UFO's by acknowledging their existence, organizing them, finishing some of them and hopefully won't add to the list of UFO's. I wish us all luck. I know I will need the help and support of all you fine ladies in this daunting project.

So who is with me!

If anyone has posted a finished 2017 UFO project on the old thread, please repost it here to get your emogee.

*besure to click on the "subscribe to this topic" box (top rt corner, below the 'New topic' box).. to keep you posted of our updates...*

And 2017 is off to a good start!

Blessed in Colorado -
Bridge/Bridgette
Christy925/Christy -
churunga/Marie -
Cissik/Sylvia -
Daizy/Daizy
debbieklann/Debbie -
Denise Ann/Denise -
firecatinc/Lenora -
forgetmenot/Judith -
hudsonsinaf/Shannon -
janamarieje/Jana -
jillyd/Jill -
JojoNH/Joanna -
katmom/Grace -
Ladybek9756/Rebecca -
MaryJanesNiece/Krista -
mbenton16/Maryellen
nin1952/Donna
nnfolkways -
quiltee/Linda -
rachelbee/Rachel
Red Tractor Girl/Winnie
ruthie215/Ruthie Ann -
sassystyle/Audra
sherone_13/Sherone -
SylviaE/Sylvia -
Tumbleweed/Nancy -
windypines/ Michele -

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Jan 05 2018 5:43:04 PM

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  11:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
As soon as I get home I'll make my list to start 2017. Thanks for starting this thread Marie.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  1:06:20 PM  Show Profile
First up for me this year is organizing my sewing room! As my sewing table is very small, I've been using the floor (with a cutting mat) as my cutting surface. You can imagine how stuff has piled up around it! I'll post a before and after when I can.

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  1:08:17 PM  Show Profile
Thank-you Marie for launching this thread again!! Last year we saw some amazing UFO completions here and no doubt this year will bring more. I bet everyone is now enjoying their completed project too.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  1:43:48 PM  Show Profile
My first UFO was unpacking and organizing my craft "stuff" and sewing "stuff". I am happy to say - it is done!!!! I have a few projects up to get finished... I'm excited to actually accomplish them!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  3:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
My craft room is completed and I have the tubs of unfinished projects. I have bags with things started and not completed. The only thing now is to start somewhere and finish one at a time. I don't plan on making a list what is there to do, instead I am going to start on one and stay with it until done. I'll post the completed project as I complete them.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  5:18:07 PM  Show Profile
I have projects that need framed or made into pillows, totes, etc. I hope to start making frames soon and see what I can get finished before the October craft show.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  5:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Marie,,,, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.... for letting me hand off the baton for the UFO thread...
When I get home,,, I KNOW I will have lots of UFO's to work on...lol!

Hugz and Bring it On 2017!! I am 'sew' ready!

oh wait!! how did that pic of my lil Ginger get in here??? teeheeheeee...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  6:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Is Ginger a UFO in progress? LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  7:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'm not going to make a list - there are too too many to mention. Finishing the Stars Bed-runner to use for Christmas next year and putting together the 6-1/2" squares (when I get them) from the Dec/Jan fabric swap into a scrappy quilt top are two I want to tackle first.

Long term (and in between other UFO projects) is my sewing room. Unfortunately (IMHO) it is a separate from my house and I feel isolated/separated/lonely when out there, so I don't use it (I sew in the dining room). I know I can't organize it quickly so it will have to be gradually rearranged, as soon as I figure out which method I want to use to organize. Any suggestions on how to arrange the fabric? I've got various bins of squares of different sizes and strips. I try to organize by themes - children, country/farmgirl, Christmas, Cats (yes, I have a lot of these), Halloween/Fall, florals, and then by colors as well as I can.

I even have a project for Ed to do for me. I've asked him to make me a quilter's ironing board rectangular top so I can cover it with cotton batting and fabric. I use them at retreats and it is so much nicer than trying to iron large quilt tops on a regular ironing board with the pointed end.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  8:18:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to all the UFO finishing strivers for signing up. We will do it.

I have crunched some numbers for 2015 and 2016 to achieve a statistical analysis (for those of you who do not geek out on statistics, please skip this section):

===========================2016=====2015
Total Participants: -----------------------------35---------26
Total Projects Completed: ----------------------141---------65
Average # finished projects/per participant:------4----------2.5
Medium # of projects finished:--------------------2----------3.5
Number of projects most participants finished: ---1----------1
Most projects finished/# of participants: -------20/1-------13/1
Fewest project finished/# of participants: -------0/7--------0/12

So we can see that most of the numbers are going up. I am most happy that more participants are getting a least one UFO finished. Let's top these numbers this year!

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Jan 04 2017 9:16:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  04:13:47 AM  Show Profile
Marie,
I am in for 2017!
I made a list on the 2016 thread but can add more!
I finished the blasted carryall caddy on 1/2/17! woo hoo one down ??? how many more?
Texas two step quilt
quilt and bind 2 quilts

I have more but I'm still drinking my coffee and need to go to the sewing room and look around..
Organize the sewing room!

Denise Ann

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  04:44:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I finished my new craft room on January 1st. Now that I am somewhat organized I can begin my UFO's. Some will be for badges and others just need to be completed. I now live in quilt country and since I don't know anything about quilting, I shall join and work on the badges as I work on learning how to quilt all at the same time. I have about 7 quilt projects cut out, now it is time to make them. I have knitting to complete for my husband for this upcoming Christmas and that will complete a second badge set. Of course the UFO badge will be included in this mix. Let's see what else can I do, oh yes, I will be starting back up the doll giveaway again for this year only as I have only so many dolls to finish up. I have a tablecloth I stated crocheting back in Florida, but since I have a new table will need to resize, and include the other squares to make it fit my new table. That just for starters. I know I have clothes to sew that are cut out, other projects for the kitchen cut out, and who knows what else. But I am ready to begin the challenge to complete all of my UFO's this year.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  05:12:51 AM  Show Profile
Hay there,

Well,,,,I'm average. I finished 3 UFO projects last year and, now, need to send in the data for the badges. That can be UFO #1

Send in data for the finished UFO projects.
One western quilt for Cancer patients
One kids rag quilt.
One quilt with hand embroidery in each block center
One Minky quilt in teals
One Scotty camper
Next Scotty camper
One pennent banner
Scrap popcorn from all ceilings
spackle all walls
paint all walls
etc. etc. etc...!!!!!

I have too many to list on this post but I have clip boards with each "zone" on each board. Those help me by grabbing them and going into that area of my house and attack attack attack.

Good luck to all of you. LETS DO THIS!!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  10:02:52 AM  Show Profile
Please sign me up, Marie!
Since September I have set up and torn down my craft room 4 times. I never know when workmen are coming, or a relative is coming to stay. I have moved from basement to living room to spare room and back to living room. Now, I am back in the spare room and basement. I have so many tubs organized. (No cardboard boxes) I have to be able to see in and have them labeled and protect from flooding. I have a shoe organizer bag on the inside of closet door. Its filled with glue, elastic, ribbon, ric rac, glue sticks and gun, etc.
I have UFO's in 2 tubs. I even have tubs for family linens and lace back to gg-aunt. Another 2 for only denim, and one for needlework tools and supplies, one full of sugar & cream thread and another for yarn. Can we say "I am blessed". I have several other tubs. The best part is I can see what I have and everything is labeled. I have re-purposed two in-closet shoe hangers to hold my small scraps and they are organized according to holiday and theme. I plan to move those from a spare bedroom closet to the other other spare/bedroom closet I am now using as craft room. The most recent moving and sorting is due to the last flood and a pregnant gd moving in. She is due later this month. I think awhile
after baby she will want to use both small bedrooms. Babies have a lot of "stuff"! So, I will be back in the basement. Lighting is best in the spare/bedroom and living room. So, my first actual project after I am situated will be to complete the valentine, signature I started last Feb. --sorry, Farmgirls, we'll get there. Thanks for doing this Marie! Whew! (long post)

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jan 05 2017 10:04:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  10:28:59 AM  Show Profile
Popcorn on the ceiling eh. There is a story there.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  5:35:36 PM  Show Profile
Hay there.

Hahahaha....oh Mz Marie. I wish I had a story for you. Popcorn is a texture that is applied to the ceilings. Its has always reminded of tiny spit balls and it attracts dust and looks dull. Its old and its time to paint the ceilings so I'm scraping the texture off. Not very exciting.

Please add me to the list up top.
I am adding my desk to the list. Today I worked on the binders for each organization I work with. I want to be able to grab one and work on it for a certain amount of time then close it and put it away on the shelf. Hoping to get better organized and efficient.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  6:12:43 PM  Show Profile
Please include me on the 2017 UFO's. I have several projects I am hoping to complete this year:
2 - blue flannel quilts for the guest room
1 - sewing theme quilt for the sewing room day bed
1 - Teal Batik quilt for daughter
2 - Brown Batik quilts for daughters guest room
anything else will be considered bonus projects!

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  8:42:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda, Rachel, Winnie, Shannon, Rebecca, Lenore, Grace, Denise, Daizy, Judith and Jana. I will be putting my list up with pictures. Be sure to include pictures of all the finished UFOs when possible.

Linda - I would do almost anything to have a crafting cottage. My would have a toilet, sink, electricity and a small refrigerator in addition to all my craft tools, supplies, books, inspiration etc. I guess I can dream. The quilter's iron board sounds as if it is a good tool to have.

Denise - You are the first to finish a UFO this year. Congratulations on starting us off.

Rebecca - Good job getting the new craft room organized. I believe this is always the first step in UFO control.

Daizy - Your popcorn ceiling explanation was very informative. I had a ceiling in a college rental that looked as if someone had made swirls in the plaster with their fingers. It was rather lovely and I liked to stare at it.

Judith - Gee! That's a lot of moving craft supplies around. I thought I had a l less than ideal craft space in the bedroom. I can't imagine moving all my stuff around that many times. I do have to move 10 containers to get to the sewing machine. I love the organizing system. That's what I want to do.

HAPPY UFO FINISHING!!!

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Jan 05 2017 8:43:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  06:33:48 AM  Show Profile
Count me in!! I am also participating in a group for Cross stitch, Stitch from Stash. I hope to only cross stitch on things I own, and finish a few things.
I stitch huge projects most of the time,but do stitch a few small ones for a on-the-go project and so I feel like I have some accomplishment.
I also have a few really old projects I want to complete.

This is my beginning list (sure I will add as I find more UFO's) :)
-Whoo's There by Prairie Schooler (current on-the-go project)
-Geraniums
-Fuzzy Bear with seasonal jackets
-Blue crochet hat
-Redo Pantry
-Fully finish Santa stitched piece
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  08:25:13 AM  Show Profile
So my first project this year, as I said before was to get all my fabric and crafting stuff organized. It is done! Here are the pictures...

The fabric is folded over cardstock like boards. In the second picture, the three large plastic containers have felt, cross stitch and embroidery, and plastic canvas. The wooden file cabinet is patterns. The third picture is yarn... including in the wicker hamper!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  08:32:40 AM  Show Profile
OK, although I totally failed last year, I am going to try again. A lot of my projects are repeats from last year, as I did not complete them. Better luck this year!

1. This is the big one: Cleaning out my extra bedroom and moving all the craft and sewing stuff into the other extra bedroom which is to be the craft sewing room.

2. Finish the Jean Rag Quilt for my son

3. Finish the 15 wood block reindeer that I started for Christmas 2015

4. Make a list of all un-completed projects in the craft room.

5. Complete 10 children's Pre-1840 Mountain Man Rendezvous clothing pieces prior to Rendezvous season

6. Complete all Oven Handle Towels already cut out for Etsy Shop.

7. Complete all Hot Pads already cut out for Etsy shop.

8. Crochet 10 sets of dishcloths for Etsy Shop.

9. Complete 10 Annie Dolls for Etsy Shop.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  09:30:21 AM  Show Profile
My UFO list for 2017 includes:
1. My craft stuff organized - check!
2. My friendship quilt that I was part of here on MJF a year or two ago - still not put together!
3. Tea Swap craft that I started two years ago, that must be finished for this upcoming Christmas :)
4. A pillow with quilted hearts
5. Wooden peg people butterflies

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  09:40:38 AM  Show Profile
Since I never posted it on the 2016 post, I figured I would do it here... Here is my peg people UFO that I finished to give my three year old for Christmas :) I've had these supplies since my 5 yo was three!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  10:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
That'scute! I've never seen Peg People.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  10:30:56 AM  Show Profile
Linda - my kids LOVE peg people and I enjoy them being travel friendly!!! Last year I made Aly peg fairies and Lee Star Wars peg people. I'll see if I can find any photos...

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic * Finish Those UFOs in 2017 * 134 UFOs finished Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page