Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 * Finish Those UFOs in 2017 * 134 UFOs finished
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic * Finish Those UFOs in 2017 * 134 UFOs finished Next Topic
Page: of 26

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  1:38:03 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Bridgette and Sherone.

Bridgette - I would love to see one of your huge stitch projects.

Shannon - Congratulations for finishing the craft room organizing. It is so nice to see fabric sorted in rainbow color order. Love those peg people.

Sherone - There is no failure. There is always learning. I believe that you needed that time last year to fully embrace the UFOs and totally bond with them. LOL

Good start to the year.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  1:47:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh how I really need this! I had full intentions of completing everything last year and looking back I only completed one UFO. So I will give this a shot again. Add me to the list please!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  2:03:52 PM  Show Profile
Krista, welcome to our little support group for the over optimistic.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Jan 06 2017 2:04:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  3:10:50 PM  Show Profile
Hay there,

Mz Marie, please explain to me how we put the smiley faces next to our names?

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  3:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Shannon sewing room looks great.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  3:49:26 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Nora! It is actually two walls of my bedroom!!!! We dont have enough room for a craft room yet.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  5:28:35 PM  Show Profile
hi all, i have a few ufo's that i really need to finish. A christmas stocking for my granddaughter, cross stitched, and been working on it for 2 years. a pair of socks, and a crocheted scarf. 3 projects that have been taking me a long time to do. so this year i pledge i will finish them all.
I hope! lol

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  8:05:23 PM  Show Profile
Daizy, I get to do that because I am running this thread. All a person has to do to get a smiley face is to tell us on this thread that you have finished a UFO and provide a picture if you can. I will put a smiley face up and you get to bask in the outpouring of congratulations and compliments.

Welcome Michelle. Those are worthy UFOs. I have a project that has been sitting around for more than 10 years so I know what you are experiencing.

Remember to savor the joy of finishing a UFO.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Jan 06 2017 8:09:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  8:05:37 PM  Show Profile
Shannon
The peg people are darling. I have not seen those before either, but that are really sweet, I bet the kids adore them.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  11:19:41 PM  Show Profile
Love the peg people. I have boxes of craft supplies. So this year I am working on crocheting many scarves for the homeless to downsize my yarn stash. Get my recipe books scrapped and work on some sewing with my fabric stash.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  12:02:04 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the UFO Finishers Club Ruthie Ann!!!

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  04:41:11 AM  Show Profile
Count me in please. Where do I start with this list. Can we keep adding to the list when we find more?
#1 Complete all scrapbooks, organize photos and memorabilia for grown children.
#2 Downsize and organize craft collection, paper, fabric, yarn etc. so that I can accomplish more.
#3 Sew 2 new Christmas stocking for latest 2 grand babies
#4 Finish small Christmas wall hanging..
#5 I have several quilts

Shannon with all that being said how do you make peg people, I guess that's a different post some where. Thanks all for the motivation.q

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  09:42:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Maryellen. Yes, add as many as you want. We have no secrets here. If you want to find excess craft supplies a new home, join the Traveling Craft Box. We are on number 8. It has helped me immensely.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I almost forgot - I have 2 late 2016 gifts that still need to be finished. As soon as I finish some swap blocks for my guild this week I will be finishing those 2 UFOs for farm girls. These will be first on my list to finish.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  10:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Marie -

My quilting/craft/stash house does have a full bathroom and a huge closet. The daughter of the people I purchased the house from lived in it for a while. It has no kitchen but I had my DIL's small refrigerator for a while and I plan to get another one. Maybe if I had that I would sew in it more. I will take some before pictures and then after, if it ever gets to after. Right now fabrics, yarns, fleece batts, finished projects, unfinished projects, and all are in totes, hanging, and scattered. LOL! I need to organize them. I may have my neighbor's great-granddaughters help me in exchange for quilting, knitting, or other fabric craft lessons. Maybe that will get me moving.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  10:47:15 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Maryellen -
Here's a Peg Doll tutorial I found on the Internet. Looks easy. My grands are too old for these, but they would be great for younger kids.
http://mothersniche.com/how-to-make-peg-dolls-hint-theyre-easy/

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  11:04:14 AM  Show Profile
I am so jealous! If I had a place like that I may never leave. It would be a great refuge from my husband's band practicing in the living room. Alas, I live in an apartment and, although it has a backyard, I can't place a structure like this on it. I do have fantasies of turning the run-down garage into a workshop.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  2:26:40 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to, all the new gals! I worked on my on-the-go project while waiting on my dad this morning. We had to go get lab-work done for his doctor appointment next Thurs. Boy is the month going quickly, funny when my 82 yr old dad has to remind me of appointments!! I thought we had time.
I also discovered yesterday I have 2 other patterns of that same series, not sure if I will stitch them in 2017 or not.
I also seen a ziploc of stockings when I was putting the tree away today. I could finish those and give them as holiday gifts next year, still debating. I also was not daring enough to look and see how much work was left, LOL! So I am pondering adding that to my list. Boy these UFO's just seem to creep out of the corners when they think we are going to give them some love!!
I added a link to my blog in my signature, I am going to do updates on there. I actually found a way to email a post from my phone (I use it for pictures) and it is even easier than Instagram, so I was tickled about that! So I plan to use the blog much more in 2017!
You guys are making me have organizing envy!! I need to do that too, but I really rather stitch!! :) But hey I did get the Christmas decor down and away. Alright I will admit it......it was with a bribe. I couldn't use my new aroma-diffuser until I had it put away. I also treated myself to tea and cookies in celebration!!
Have a great day/week and give those UFO's some luv.

Bridge
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  2:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Maryellen - the peg dolls are the easiest thing in the world! You can buy them from a craft store already cut in various shapes, and just paint them!!! You can add felt as well, which is what I did when I made the fairy peg dolls.

Linda - your grandsons may actually not be too old. Lee is 11 and I made him Star Wars ones last year for Christmas. He adds them to his legos :) I wish I could find my pictures! Might have to take another one so you can see what I did!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  7:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My grandsons love legos. Maybe they could make some Peg People themselves.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 07 2017 7:41:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  9:31:22 PM  Show Profile
I tried to load a picture, but its not working. I finished 10 string blocks for a charity project for the quilt guild I belong to.
I will try to add in the picture later if the computer behaves.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  9:37:49 PM  Show Profile
I crocheted a short cowl and added button tonight for the boss as part of her birthday gift. I will try upload a picture tomorrow.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  05:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I finished my first UFO. I had started a pad to go in between each of my pots so they would not get scratch. I used all the left over yarn for each circle. I had 5 each for the pans and skillets for a total of 10. I thought about doing one for the littlest pan and skillet, but nothing sits inside of them I forgone that one. So one down and many left to go.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  07:30:32 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations ladies! You guys are UFO Finishers!

I will try to get my list up today. All the pictures I need are on the desktop which Lowell (DH) uses to watch civil war game videos and play chess with robots so I have to pick my times carefully. Also, his band is coming over today to rehearse in our small living room. The whole place is set up with gear and there is no room for me. I go in the bedroom and either work on projects or take a nap -- sometimes both.

If the picture won't load, don't worry about it. I just want to see the creativity of the group.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Jan 08 2017 07:32:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  07:32:52 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Denise, Ruthie and Rebecca, sounds like you guys hit the ground running!

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic * Finish Those UFOs in 2017 * 134 UFOs finished Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page