Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic Turn 60 in June Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  08:01:36 AM  Show Profile
I turn 60 in June. I have been chronically ill for 8 years and am coming out of it. I would love to celebrate in a special way this year. Need suggestions what to do or how to celebrate. Sadly a lot of my previous birthdays I was sick or in the hospital. Not this year!!!!! Share with me what you have done or would like to do. I am stuck. My birthday is June 8th and usually very nice weather.

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  08:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Happy early 60 birthday, Kem! When I turned 60 I declared it to be the best decade of my life. And up to my 70s it was my best decade - now my 70s are. I now think of my age in decades and not a year age. Except for what I call landmark birthdays. And I am having one in March - my 75th. There's a ring to being 75 that wasn't for 74. I believe whatever age or decade the here and now is the best ever.

One of my sisters pierced her ears when she turned 60.

For years for my birthday I gift myself something I want and do not need. Let's face it if you need it it's not a gift. lol

For you who fret about birthdays as they roll around I'm got a challenge for you. Read the obits. When you read about a woman your age who has died you will think 'that's too young to die'. Well if it's too young to die than it's young enough to live a full, happy, and creative life.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  09:19:45 AM  Show Profile
Wow Kem
You are exactly one month before me. I need to bookmark this thread. Let's see what our sisters suggest for our 6 0.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!

Edited by - Tumbleweed on Jan 22 2017 6:38:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  12:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Sara, thanks for the sage advice. I don't have to read the obits. One of my best friends died of breast cancer at 53. I just want to celebrate and do something fun. Our family is not one for big shindigs so I decided I would somehow do something special for myself. Nancy let's watch this and see what transpires. I wish we didn't live so far apart. We could take each other out for our birthdays. So what do you say people, how should we celebrate our birthdays. Anyone else turning 60 this year?
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  10:45:28 AM  Show Profile
Kem, congratulations on your upcoming 60th birthday!! I agree with Sara, that when you turn 60, you begin to think in terms of a decade. For me, the best birthdays are ones where I make sure that I do something I want to do. It could be anything that matches your interests, but the important thing is to carve out some time that you enjoy. One idea that I love to do is to go someplace that is historic. It could be a small town nearby, a state park, or a museum in an old building. There is something fun about learning about your past when you are celebrating your special day. Keep us posted on what you plan to do.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  3:25:39 PM  Show Profile
Kem, Happy soon to be "29" lolol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Joanna
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Ontario
Canada
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  6:17:12 PM  Show Profile
Maybe you could go on a trip to some place you've always wanted to visit!

Joanna - Sister #5965
https://creativeideasbook.wordpress.com/
https://roomsandwindows.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  06:43:55 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I always go to an Arts Fesitval about 3 1/2 hours away and then go stay with my daughter. I may do the same thing. I was just hoping I could figure out something I have not done before or added it on to my annual trip.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  2:10:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh! Happy soon-to-be birthday Kem & Gracie!!! YAY!!!

I've got a few years to go yet, but I am thinking I would gather up all the children in my life and have them come over to my house for a messy cake decorating party. We would wear party hats and I would give them each an old-fashioned goody bag to take home, filled with candy dots, a candy necklace, bubble gum, tattooes, cracker jacks, crayons, and a few other fun things like a plastic word puzzle or tiny Old Maid cards - just like we would have when I was a kid (I am, after all, still a big kid at heart!). After that, we'd go out into a big field to release 60 colorful balloons en masse to celebrate, each with a little message of life's wisdom attached to the ribbon, along with a $5 bill tucked inside each balloon so that the finder could go have a coffee or something to celebrate, too! LOL! Then I'd want to meet up with the rest of our family and friends for a pot luck party with a band, lots of dancing and picture taking (disposable cameras on every table!), topped off with child-decorated messy birthday cake and punch. I'd also have a little video booth set up where people could sit down and record their favorite memory we have shared over the years.

And then, I would take two Tylenol and sleep for the next two days to recuperate. I may feel like I kid inside, but I know my body will definitely feel 60!

Happy celebrating!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  06:32:03 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Nini, you really know how to celebrate. I mine will be a bit more subdued, although yours sounds like so much fun. I have wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride, so I may try to arrange that. I think I can if I am willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  10:10:57 AM  Show Profile
My parents took a hot air balloon ride a few years ago, Kem, and they absolutely LOVED it!!! I hope you get to do it! Sounds like a wonderful way to start 60!!! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  3:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nini, I think it was good to talk about here and make up my mind what I wanted to do for my birthday. Have to see what happens.
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  5:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Kem, You share the same day as my husband. For him on his 60th, I did something wild and crazy and he loved it. I turned 60 last year, but we had just purchased a new house and was in the middle of moving in. On top of that we were in a new state, so for me everything was new. Paul said he would plan something exciting next year.
Now for suggestions: The first thing that came into my mind was how about being a kid again. Remember when we would have pajama parties and stay up all night talking. Why don't you invite a few of your friends for one of those and eat junk food, and talk about the good ole' days and bring back the kid in you.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  2:01:58 PM  Show Profile
A hot air balloon ride would be such an adventure. I, too, vote for a little something you've always wanted to do. And it doesn't have to be big, something that brings a smile to your face for weeks. If you like to plan, something that requires lots of planning so you can enjoy mapping out every detail. If you don't, than something perfectly spontaneous to suit your fancy. If you're social, then a group of folks that love you. If you aren't, something perfectly quiet and solitary.

My girlfriends and I were recently talking a slumber party too, just like the ones we used to have as kids. A few big bowls of candy and popcorn and a pile of board games and a puzzle too... Since your weather is lovely maybe something under the stars. Smores?

Something that makes you smile!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  2:11:45 PM  Show Profile
I turn 60 this year also, in July. I would love a slumber party weekend with the ladies in my family. Might have to arrange that.

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/albums
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2017 :  7:00:21 PM  Show Profile
I think the hot air balloon ride is number one. I also think I am going to try to get some gals together for a camp out at a park with camper spots that is only 3 miles out of town. We can go have fun for a day and be back home the next day. Close to town for any of the unexpected needs/wants. Have been wanting to camp out with the girls for a couple of years. This year I think I can swing it.
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic Turn 60 in June Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page