LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  8:59:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene, thank you for the welcome. I am enjoying my stay here. I'm looking forward to making lots of friendships. I have a few friends but they all live away from me. I have my childhood best friend in Arizona and my 2 really good friends that I call sisters, one lives in Washington and the other lives in Utah. Sadly we don't visit each other too often, but we chat online alot. I miss the friends/sisters coming over for iced tea and sit and talk or go to dinner and a movie. I could meet people where I am but I have alot of dental issues at the moment and am currently getting extractions for dentures..6 gone, 3 more to go. That's what holds me back. I love the saying in your signature When it gets too hard to stand,kneel..In 2013 I lost 2 sisters to breast cancer and in 2015 I lost my sister (she was like my mom) to lung,liver and pancreatic cancer. I was there when she passed. So I try to enjoy each day the best I can.

te]Originally posted by HealingTouch

Welcome from Pennsylvania! Glad you joined us. Look around and stop in where you are comfortable. We are a diverse group that love, support, comfort and become loyal to each other. You can say anything here and be sure that someone else has been there and done that! Sisterly love abounds!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  07:56:45 AM  Show Profile
I've only lived in this house for a little over a year, so I'm still trying to figure out a natural flow and rhythm to my day. That's my focus right now. :)

quote:
Originally posted by LilDebbie

Hi Audra, I love Oregon. Being born and raised in Arizona when my hubby brought me home I hated it. Then we discovered gardening and flowers and I'm hooked. Been trying to get my home in some sort of order so I can do chores easily in the morning and then craft in the afternoon/evenings. It's getting there, but not as fast as I'd like.Hope your evening is going great. I just got back from my daughter's basketball games. Jv and Varsity girls won..WOO HOO, but Jv boys lost and when we left (a bit early) it looked like the varsity boys were gonna win as well. I'm just glad to be home.

Audra Marie ~ sometimes quirky, sometimes serious, always real
Farmgirl Sister #7132

[/quote]

Farmgirl Sister #7132
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  9:01:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie,
I'm your northwest neighbor from Vancouver, WA. I/we moved from Southern Calif about 11 years ago and we love it here. I specially love to plant a garden in the spring time. Moving here has helped me to rediscover my love of art and many ways to create and sell my art at local bazaar and some wineries. Also trying the on line (ETSY) but there I feel like one in a million and lost in a big hay barn. Oh well, kept on trying new things. On a personal note we have one son all most 21.

Janice
A.K.A. Vintage Artist
Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  08:50:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Janice,
I love to plant my garden too. I admit it was a bit of a flop last year due to severe depression. I'm better now because I told myself I won't let the person have that kind of control over me anymore. So this year I am looking forward to starting my seeds in my greenhouse. (Hopefully the new one. Hubby bought a car cover and we found a place that sells greenhouse plastic, so hopefully by March that will be in place) If not my little greenhouse my hubby built me a few years ago I'll work in again. I'm not complaining, I LOVE that little house.. I have thought for years I'd like to sell some of my crafts. I just haven't, but maybe one day I will..Now you have me at winery, what kind of art do you do? Yes, this farmgirl loves to sip on some Sangria and on occassion sip on some whiskey on the rocks. I hope your day is going fabulous.

quote:
Originally posted by Janice

Hi Debbie,
I'm your northwest neighbor from Vancouver, WA. I/we moved from Southern Calif about 11 years ago and we love it here. I specially love to plant a garden in the spring time. Moving here has helped me to rediscover my love of art and many ways to create and sell my art at local bazaar and some wineries. Also trying the on line (ETSY) but there I feel like one in a million and lost in a big hay barn. Oh well, kept on trying new things. On a personal note we have one son all most 21.

Janice
A.K.A. Vintage Artist

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  08:57:10 AM  Show Profile
I understand. I'm still trying to find a rhythm to my household. You'd think it would be easier with only 3 left at home. But with the one in public school and 2 homeschooled it's a bit daunting. Hopefully next year we will get our rhythm. Andie will be graduated and doing her thing, then I won't have my day chopped up. (As I call it) My homeschoolers are night owls. So they do best schooling in afternoon/evening time. Yet we have basketball practice and games and Andie gets out early. I'm like UGH..Now Andie is in a musical so on Tues and THurs she has to be at school at 7am. Then after basketball she wants to do softball. Just hectic, sometimes I'm like Why does she have to be a social butterfly..lol..Have a great day.

quote:
Originally posted by sassystyle

I've only lived in this house for a little over a year, so I'm still trying to figure out a natural flow and rhythm to my day. That's my focus right now. :)

quote:
Originally posted by LilDebbie

Hi Audra, I love Oregon. Being born and raised in Arizona when my hubby brought me home I hated it. Then we discovered gardening and flowers and I'm hooked. Been trying to get my home in some sort of order so I can do chores easily in the morning and then craft in the afternoon/evenings. It's getting there, but not as fast as I'd like.Hope your evening is going great. I just got back from my daughter's basketball games. Jv and Varsity girls won..WOO HOO, but Jv boys lost and when we left (a bit early) it looked like the varsity boys were gonna win as well. I'm just glad to be home.

Farmgirl Sister #7132

Farmgirl Sister #7132

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  10:30:07 AM  Show Profile
That would be a bit crazy, Debbie. I have four still at home, and two adult married women living nearby with their babies and toddlers. It gets a little crazy here, too. :)

Farmgirl Sister #7132
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  10:26:16 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Debbie!!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August, 2014
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  1:48:24 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm Debbie. You will love it here!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  10:17:01 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Debbie from way Northeast NY!

No idle hands for you! I enjoyed reading about your homestead! MJF forum is a great place to hang out. Lots of lovely and caring farmgirls! Grab a cuppa and enjoy chatting or as Katmom would say "clucking with us hens...lol!" Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello all.. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page