Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Portia's Card Swap for March//swap is CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Portia's Card Swap for March//swap is CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 4

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  7:26:28 PM  Show Profile
I received a shamrock card from Nora today. The coins were YUM. I had bought some for the kids at school, but there were no extras...now I had my own to enjoy. Thanks Nora.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  4:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I received your most amazing, cute card today. I would love to be a fly on your wall and watch you make your cards...each one is special. Thank you.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  6:01:25 PM  Show Profile
Got cards today from Lenora, Cute Shamrock! I love those little tin embellishments!
Linda love how you used postmarks, Farmgirls favorite thing! Farmgirl Mail! Beautiful card!

Marilyn I love the Irish proverb! I should have lots of luck with all the shamrocks I received! Thank you all. Nothing better than Farmgirl Mail!! Lily June and I were at the mailbox when our mail lady came, Lily June held her hand out for the letters. Our mail lady said," Your gonna have to share your Farmgirl mail with her and I said, "Oh I already do!!"

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  7:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Shamrocks galore. Many years ago one of my car pool gals crocheted each of us a little green shamrock, a bit larger than a quarter. I wore mine today, and showed the kids. They have been doing St. Patrick's day things all month because they won't be in school next week. Spring Break!!!
Then today it hit me...Our little sleepy heads (including me) will not have to get up quite so early, as we Spring Forward with daylight savings time.
The cards I have received are beautiful, girls, thank you.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  02:00:36 AM  Show Profile
Soo many cards. Ladies, you all are so creative! Another great card month!

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  10:59:58 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn! How cute! a crocheted Shamrock! YAY!! For Spring break!!! I know teachers and kids alike are ready! My Hubby was always ready for just Friday!!!! LOL!!
Castle in Killarney Park.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  7:33:35 PM  Show Profile
I had fun making the cards Connie but oops! Just realized from your picture of my card that I
put the shamrock ribbon upside down! So sorry...maybe it is an Irish sign for Good Luck, I better double check my cards from now on.

Mary D. - Thanks for your adorable leprechaun card, looks like that guy is doing an Irish Jig
Marilyn - Thanks for your sweet shamrock card and Irish Proverb ... sometimes a cabin is
better than a castle, especially if it is well stocked. Can't wait to try the chai green
tea.

Connie - Love all your beautiful pictures of Ireland - almost feel like I'm there!

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....

Edited by - hummingbirdjoy on Mar 10 2017 7:35:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  08:14:51 AM  Show Profile
Linda! I didn't see that! I did see the postmark on your card is when I when to Ireland! March 2011!! I say it's good luck!! Glad you enjoy the pictures! it was a trip of a lifetime for me! I will post a few more, this seemed like the right place to post them LOL! This is Billy, Our Jaunty driver, he could sing like Elvis and he told a lot of funny Irish Limericks! LOL!! WE road thru the Killarney Park where a lot of the Movie" Far and Away" staring Nicole Kidman was filmed!
Farmgirl Hugs!
Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Mar 11 2017 08:15:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  10:49:03 AM  Show Profile
I love seeing your pictures of Ireland. It is a beautiful land...that I have never been to. I am glad you were able to go. We did get to see a group of Irish dancers preform at our local college...many years ago. That was Awesome.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  12:42:42 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, It is beautiful! I was there in the off season, Everyone says summer is the best time to go the hedge rows are all blooming purple. They don't allow fences in the farm lands, so they plant these beautiful purple hedgerows to keep their livestock from getting out. I was in awe the whole time I was there. I doubt I will ever get to go again. It was through the generosity of a High School friend who owns a Travel Agency, gave us a low price for the whole 10 day trip($1400.00) included airfare and all nights at all 5 star hotels. All tickets to the castles were included also! and a night at the oldest pub in Ireland with the Irish Dancers! Your right! They are awesome!! If you travel in the off Seasons you can get great deals!! She charged no agency fee for herself, She announced it at our High School Reunion. I have memories I will never forget! My Credit Card is paid off now, but it was worth every penny. Friends that travel a lot said I was crazy to pass that up at that price! Flower Market in St. James Place, Dublin, Ireland.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  5:08:16 PM  Show Profile
That was a bargin price. She is a good friend. Your memories will always be with you, and the pictures you share give us the opportunity to enjoy the beauty. Thanks. Are the hedge rows planted with lavender?

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2017 :  1:04:36 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, most are a mix of Hawthorn, Hemlock, Holly and Lavender! The mix makes it stronger, the Lavender stands out against that green grass!! Here is a picture, you can see the hedgerows, as you can tell, the lavender has not bloomed, our tour guide said the most beautiful time of year to visit is from May to July , all the flowers and shrubs and trees are in bloom! hard to tell, the terrain was very rocky here, this is inside "The Ring of Kerry" Look at the road and you can tell how tall the hedgerows are. we were standing on a hill behind a cottage.
Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Mar 13 2017 1:07:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2017 :  3:20:54 PM  Show Profile
Now, that helps me understand how they can keep their stock in their pastures. Our fences often become over grown with briars and trees, etc. My son had itty bitty Ramon cut all of that out, and clean out his fence rows last year.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  08:35:40 AM  Show Profile
Me too Marilyn after I saw it and Donald , our tour guide explained , it made sense.

Billy, our Jaunty driver stopped the wagon to tell us about this picture.It is a fairy door!! We all piled out of the wagon to see and pick shamrocks(clovers). I brought mine home pressed between the pages in my journal. I was pulled aside on the way home, the US customs side in Dublin and they ran a check on me because I got in the wrong line ?? They guy saw how scared I was and that I had never even had a traffic ticket in my life, so he let me keep my clovers!! They took over $50.00 of stuff from me, said I could not bring home, it was sealed in jars, a relish they put on burgers, jam and a seed to grow a shamrock. LOL! Wasn't funny then!!I need to post this picture for Marcy, she makes all those beautiful fairy doors!

I have over 300 pictures! I promise I won't post them all!!

C
Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August,2014

Edited by - Killarney on Mar 14 2017 08:37:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  10:50:59 AM  Show Profile
A real fairy door! My friends went to Ireland year before last. He mailed bricks home. He is a brick collector. He only mailed himself four. I am sure it cost him quite a bit.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  4:17:13 PM  Show Profile
Connie, Love it. I had no ideas they had fairies living there. Did you get a picture of a wee one?

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  07:51:25 AM  Show Profile
the photos are lovely and what a wonderful experience to travel to such a lovely country. Thanks for all the photos you shared.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  1:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marilyn, I wish I had thought of that, if it would have been possible, don't know how expensive that would be. but just to have one!!
Mary, Billy said, the fairies were sleeping during our jaunty ride!
Thank you Marlene, Happy you enjoyed them!
here are some more pictures from the same park as the fairy door. it was beautiful!

Sometimes I pinch myself, I still can't believe I was there!!
Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Mar 15 2017 1:42:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  3:15:56 PM  Show Profile
When you can look back and enjoy your happy memories and photos...I would call that a wonderful adventure.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  12:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Yes! Marilyn!! The older I get the more I daydream! LOL! Those are good memories for me to recall!!
Happy St. Paddy's Day Everyone! here is pics of St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, March 2011.
and I guess they are everywhere just about in the world! McDonalds in Dublin.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August, 2014
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  12:09:04 PM  Show Profile
I love the color of the grass. I was looking at trees the other day, when the new spring green just barely becomes visible, they remind me of the color of the Irish grass in your photos. A beautiful color.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  2:04:58 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, I know what you mean!! Spring!! New Green!! Green is my favorite color!!
Thanks to Debbie for the cute card today!! St. Paddy's day! Fun in the mailbox!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  4:40:00 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, thanks your cute shamrock card arrived today, love the colorful stickers.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  6:07:56 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Thank you Debbie for your cute card.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  4:50:03 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Mary Jo for your creative photo beach card. Always love the sand and surf and
the cute heart shaped rock with shell on top was so unique. Love the meaningful quote
just below the heart.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Portia's Card Swap for March//swap is CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page