savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  07:45:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm irritated and upset. My husband was suppose to tutor our son yesterday but he didn't because he was hurting. HIs back and neck. I was out all day doing errands for the house. It wasn't my day tutoring our son. So our son did a little bit of studies. But what I saw was he had 7 hours of nothing. I don't know what to do. I can't do it all for him. This ADHD is really upsetting me. I know Father GOd tells me it's a blessing. But I'm not feeling a blessing here. I feel like I have to come along and pick up the slack again. So I don't want to get on my hubby because he was hurting. And today it's my son's b-day. So I guess I just needed to tell someone of my frustration. I'm tired!!!!

SavyCarmie

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  1:57:11 PM  Show Profile
One thing about homeschooling is you can work it around other things. Don't let one day upset your whole week. Tomorrow is another day. Where we are you only have to account for 180 days. Not which ones. You have wiggle room doing it your way.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  08:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you!!!! Your right, Jesus is with me and he's in charge. I was just frustrated. Thank you for your sweet words. Yesterday was a little bumpy at first but it got better. My son had a good birthday. I baked him a gluten free cake and dinner. It all worked out.

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  09:31:00 AM  Show Profile
Carmen - wow you did have a rough day! Denise is so right though - that is the beauty of homeschooling. For our children with special circumstances/needs, we can work around life and make it work with them instead of against them! And God blessed YOU with your son and your son with you! This is because you are the perfect parent and teacher for him! With Christ, you've got this! Hang in there and know that your sisters are here for you! <3 As for your GF cake... would love the recipe! We have found one so far that we really like - it is actually made out of oat flour.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  6:08:18 PM  Show Profile
Carmen,

Shannon and Denise are so right! Homeschool days will be like that. But God is good and has set up a 'system' that is based on the whole not just one or two bad days. So glad he had a good birthday - i'm with Shannon; would love the GF cake recipe as i have resorted to buying a lovely GF box o' cake from our health food store.

ADHD can be harder than people realize. Our youngest, 6, has a very severe 'case' of it. Some days i don't think i am going to make it. The Lord has blessed me with age, experience and a wonderful homeopathic doctor to get me through this difficult time. So exciting to see even the littlest progress for him! Thank God today was a good day - you all probably know what i mean :-).

Blessings,

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  04:41:24 AM  Show Profile
Dena,

Thank you for your support. It's encouraging. The gluten free cake is made of potato flour, brown rice and white rice flour. I will look. find the recipe and send it to you soon.

I do know what you mean about ADHD. It's a challenge but it's worth it. Because my baby boy is loving and praying a lot lately to God. I praise God for that. I know we'll get through this year just fine. Oh, there will be bumps and valleys but we'll make it with God's power not mine.

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2017 :  08:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Dena,
Here is the Gluten Free cake recipe.

1 1/2cps Rice flour
1/2cp Potato Starch
1/2cp sugar
1tsp baking soda
1tsp xanthium gun
1/2tsp salt
2/3cp water or milk
1 stick butter melted
2tsp vanilla
3 eggs

Bake 350 degrees / in round pan for 41-46 mins

I hope you like it. We did. How are you doing? Thank you for everything. .

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2017 :  10:31:58 AM  Show Profile
Carmen,

Thanks so much for the yummy recipe!!!

You're very welcome :-). It can be so isolating to have a child/teen with special needs. Talking to others always makes me feel better.

Sundays are a little hard for zeke - our 6 year old. Everyone is around and talking - he gets over stimulated and starts behaving poorly. My husband and i just had a pow wow upstairs, first complaining about the boys' behaviors, then remembering God's got this. Now we're a bit more settled and came down to start lunch and try again to show we love them, despite theirs (and our) challenges. What a journey and learning process!!!

Sure keeps us relying on the Lord :-)

Have a good day!

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

CeliaGingerich
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Celia
Marietta GU
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  10:01:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi guys. I am new here
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  05:37:20 AM  Show Profile
Carmen - yay for the recipe! Thank you so much!!!!

Dena - We have one who has learned over the years to take himself to his room for a bit for quiet when he is overwhelmed. He is usually there for about thirty minutes to an hour, and then joins again. But he needs that down time! Unfortunately for him, it is a daily thing, with so many of us!!!

Celia - welcome to the Farm!!! We are so glad to have you - tell us a little about yourself!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  07:44:48 AM  Show Profile
Celia, welcome!!!

Shannon - that would be a daily thing with your wonderful crew :-)

Now that zeke is getting a little older, i feel that i can start teaching him that kind of self care. Heck, i am in my room writing this cuz i needed a break from our 21 year old with autism! He can be so negative with his conversation that i just have to leave sometimes so i don't offend him. Removing ourselves from personally stressful situations is a family survival tool! I know my husband isn't bothered by the same things that i am - if i start having hot flashes - yes, i am now 51 - i know that is my body's signal to 'take a break!' That happens often now with 5 males hanging out with me! I just go to my room and chat with you farm girls - helps every time!

Love to you all,

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  08:13:16 AM  Show Profile
Dena - it really is!!!! My 11 yo is borderline autistic and aspergers. By keeping gluten and dyes out of his diet, it helps A LOT!!! My 8 yo dd has juvenile rhematoid arthritis. Due to the constant pain, she is pretty whiny at times. Then there are the other five... The house is a mad house most of the time! It is our normal!!! But for the 11 yo, he needs down time. I'm a semi-introverted person... I am extremely open (not normal for introverts), but I need my down time. Quiet time in the afternoon is a MUST here, as I need that time to decompress!!! After large gatherings, I isolate for awhile!!! And I am a huge home-body!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2017 :  06:54:20 AM  Show Profile
Dena. I do understand a lot of what your saying. I do need my quiet time everyday. I spend it with Jesus. I call him Y'shua. It's Hebrew for Jesus. I enjoy that time away from the homeschooling. Have you read the book called Day Light and the other book called Romance nurturing your marriage thru homeschooling and the Day Light book is on getting thru homeschooling. They both are good reads. The authors name is Heidi St. John. It really encouraged me through some stuff. Gives me hope. I think you'd like them.

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2017 :  07:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Carmen,

I love Heidi St. John!!! I listen to her podcast - very encouraging!!! I actually met her at a homeschooling conference in our state. She was a great speaker - my friend and i hope to go to one of her conferences this year or next. What a great, fun, real person!!!
Haven't read her books yet - just don't read much of anything these days :-). - but i hear they are great. I have been thinking i might get those two books just as resources for me. Couldn't hurt :-)

Have a great day!

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2017 :  07:37:44 AM  Show Profile
Dena,
Your welcome. I'm so glad you know who she is.. I would like to meet her too someday. She is very real, I like that in a teacher/speaker. Thank you for sending me your advice in homeschooling a high school kid. I will try some of what you suggest. Thank you again.

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic homeschooling Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page