darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  9:45:16 PM  Show Profile
Ok I found some items made in the USA too!
Mad River Farm Apricot Jam, mad-river-farm.com
Culinary Lavendar, from Golden Gait Mercantile, goldengait@frontier.com
Advanced Diet Pet Hamster Food, Made in USA from Tractor Supply
Hatch Chiles grown in New Mexico.
More to come.

hugs

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  03:25:28 AM  Show Profile
Hatch Chili is awesome!! And the hamsters sound pampered! Looking forward to more!
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  11:49:08 AM  Show Profile
Here is another one I found in my bathroom, It is from a company called Posh, a chunk bar of soap called Rolling in the Deep with the scents of Heavenly hemp, and passionate palo santo wood a Big Bath Bar, Made in the USA.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

grandolph
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

gin
franklin maine
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  3:32:05 PM  Show Profile
Nini Maine is a nice place to retire. There is no better place in summer. I am near Bar Harbor, the ocean and sooooo many lakes nearby. We have nice seafood as well. : )
I do several shows in Oaks Pa each year, and I like PA as well.

Basket weaving can be fun, educational and profitable!
baskets by gin since 1981
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  4:58:24 PM  Show Profile
Soap sounds lovely. Thanks!

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  8:23:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  5:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Diamond Gusset Jeans, www.gusset.com is a company that makes blue jeans with a gusset in the crotch, for comfort. This is a great company, and David Hall is a good man. My son wears these jeans for working, building houses and tending his horses and cows. They also make ladies jeans as well as jeans for motorcycle riders. Check out this great company. They have two stores now. One store is in Bon Aqua, TN...
The other is in Lynchburg, TN.
TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 09 2017 5:22:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  5:26:04 PM  Show Profile
MARY, you know...We swapping sisters are making MADE IN AMERICA items quite often for the swaps we do. We have some very creative people. Some of them sell the things they make...on line or through small shops too.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  6:31:40 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful observation Marilyn.Thank you!!!

Mary

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  6:33:51 PM  Show Profile
Love the Jeans idea. I'll have to check them out. I love Tennessee. I lived in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge for a while.

Mary

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  10:00:49 PM  Show Profile
You are so right there Marilyn.

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  08:54:27 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I am starting to look around my house at the things I have brought into it. I was happy to realize that the plastic food grade buckets I just bought for storing oats (Grain Millers, Inc., Eugene OR) and rice (Bunge Milling Inc., Woodland CA) are manufactured by Kirk Containers in Commerce, CA. Also, my favorite line of cleaners is Mrs. Meyers Clean Day products. I couldn't verify on their own website that they were made in the US (they are in Racine, WI) so I went on an internet search which led me to this awesome site: Nortonsusa.com which is another Made in America store! They were able to verify that Mrs. Meyers is indeed made in the USA also.

This is a fun search, girls! Living where I do, its easy to practice being a locovore (buying directly from local sources) when it comes to food. But you are making me pay attention to non-fresh-food items and to think twice about them! For instance, I always choose the fresh mushrooms which are grown in a rural town just 45 mins away from me. But when I checked the label on the canned mushrooms I also keep on hand, they were imported from China!!! Oh my!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  2:29:35 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes it is tricky, but I do try to keep my eye on what is made in the USA more myself.

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  3:16:23 PM  Show Profile
I've had to do a double take-- Things like Packed in USA. Distributed by a warehouse in USA- but no idea as to where stuff comes from.
Guess their just trying to fool the consumers. We farmgirld know better! And if you can buy locally-- Even Better!!

Let's see how much we can find!!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2017 :  11:08:56 AM  Show Profile
Wal-Mart is carrying some flour in a blue plastic bag, 5#. It is Montana wheat. It is pretty close to the flour I love from Nebraska.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2017 :  2:12:15 PM  Show Profile
I just bought some low dose aspirin the other day by St. Joseph and was looking at the box and there is an American Flag on the box and also says, "Taking care of American Families for over 100 years," "St. Joseph is America's Aspirin." Distributed in Pittsburgh PA. I found that originally it was manufactured in Tennessee.
It was interesting to look up.
Thanks Mary.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2017 :  08:38:10 AM  Show Profile
Made right here in Iowa:
1) Butter Me Up Nut Butters-Cedar Rapids, IA since 2013.

2) Pennfield Books, ethnic books (state and regional)

3) Maasdam Sorghum Syrup, Linnville, IA since 1926.

4) Sukup Mfg. Co.- World's largest family owned grain storage, drying & handling manufacturer. Designer and builder of Safe T Homes. After Hurricane Matthew the homes were designed for Haiti's aftermath. They have withstood storms 100% while the traditional housing only 10%. They continue to be built in conjunction with G0-Serve Global of Eagle Grove, Iowa.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Made in America Treasure Hunt Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page