Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Old Faithful...new life for an old crafting tool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Old Faithful...new life for an old crafting tool Next Topic  

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  06:21:13 AM  Show Profile
So, years and years ago I purchased the original Sissix Die Cutting machine. The heavy as all get out red one with the big handle you push down on.

I have a handful of dies to go with it and the converter attachment, a magnetic metal plate you can snap on when you just want to press down instead of cut.

After purchasing a Cricut years ago I rarely used the Sissix and it languished in my craft room until I finally tagged it and boxed it up to go in a garage sale last year. Didn't end up having the sale and it has just sat in the basement.

Well, lo and behold, I happened to spot a YouTube video the other day that showed how to use your original Sissix with embossing folders, and how to use it to emboss or cut Coke cans you've cleaned and cut open, etc. You can even purchase tag rims, cut paper to fit inside and use the machine to press the paper into the metal rims - making your own tags!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hutJkY2Qm0&t=1s

I got that bad boy out of the basement in a hurry let me tell you!

Purchased some embossing folders at Joann's yesterday - they are on sale 5 for $10 this week, and tried that last night. Had to use the converter attachment but it worked perfectly! Hooray!!!

I was considering buying ANOTHER tool just so I could emboss with plates and am so happy there is no need!

Does anyone else have one of these tools? How do you use yours?

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  11:39:23 AM  Show Profile
I used one when I was a teachers assistant for an elementary school and I loved it! This was many years ago. Wish I had one. Don't ever get rid of it! Sorry I'm not much help otherwise. I would love to see what you are making!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Old Faithful...new life for an old crafting tool Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page