Printer Friendly
Author Outpost: Previous Topic What to do on a glampin trip? Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  06:48:43 AM  Show Profile
Our library is going to have a camping 101 class and over night trip to a dry lake/park this spring and summer. Maybe four during summer and fall. What type of activities do you find you enjoy the most. We want entertaining ideas, experiences,and learning activities. Please share your favorite memories and activities.

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  08:44:41 AM  Show Profile
Oh my stars! How awesome!
As for activities... depending on where you are and what specifics are pertinent to that area... for example you could incorporate rock/gem hunting.... or vegitation/ bird watching... or photography and or crafting with found objects... to name a few.
one year we did abstract act with found bits of nature and a few things brought from home ( glue, fibers, leather strips) ...went on the hunt for wood, moss, stones, feather etc... then came back ad started creating...
The 'works of Art ' eere primitive and abstract and actually quit kool!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  09:11:29 AM  Show Profile
Kem here is domething you can show the camper how to make so they cam make and bring to future camping trips.
Camp Fire Starters...
Lots of different ideas on the inter net.
Here is the one I use. :
Supplies:
Metal coffee can
Bunch of old candle pieces (remove any tin wick holder in candles)
Saw dust
Dryer lint
Dried lavender buds (and stems crushesd into small pieces) -optional.
Paper muffin cups (like cupcake cups) or you can use small paper cups like the lil 2oz ones by Dixie Cup CO.

Melt candle wax in coffee can over a heat source
Add saw dust, lint & dried lavender.
mix and pour into paper cups.... be sure to wear oven mits to protect your hands ,,, or using a flat tray, ladle out the mixture into the cups.
Let harden and Voila you have fire pit starters.

A different spin on this would be to bring the above supplies but forage for dry moss and really small twigs to add to the mix.

Once the starters a hardened toss them in a zip bag and when you need to start a fire place the starter in the wood and light the paper cup...
It may take a time or to to master this...but they do work...

You could show your campers how to make these to make in advance for future camp outs.
If you don't have any candle bits hit the dollar type stores.... tons of candles and cheap.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  09:17:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh...also might I recommend... buy a few of those candles in the tall glass (like you see at memorial sites) at the local dollar store...
The glass is thick and tall
the candles will safely burn for hours on end
and they are perfect for dry camping and you want a bit of lite...but like any thing... use caution....on windy days and around children.

A lot of us glampers use the (walmart & dollar store) solar lights... they are great for lighting up around a trailer/ camp site...and helpful when you need just a tad of lite to find your way to the 'out house'...lol!
A bouquet of them gives ofc a decent amount of lite!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  12:08:21 AM  Show Profile
Fire starters would be easy and fun to make. You talked about the solar lights. I think it would be fun to do one of the canning jar solar lights that are featured on Pinterest. I bet if I put on my thinking cap I can come up with some other ideas.
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  09:07:22 AM  Show Profile
Decorated Walking sticks.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 18 2017 :  08:59:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh Bridge...
I like uour idea of the decorated walking stix....
I remember from my (younger) days, in Germany on outings, seeing older gentlemen with their walking stix.... that were decorated with little metal logo 'pins ' the type of pins that are collected from locations or events or clubs. The 'pins ' or metal button/ badges were attached onto the stix probablly by a tiny screw or maybe just glued on... but how fun to collect 'pins 'from different camping venues and attaching them to your walking stick. Sort of like the little tourist window decals my parents collected on our travels and were applied to the window of our family station wagon.. yes, I am that old... and ours was a Ford Country Squire in powder blue with the faux wood grain siding... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic What to do on a glampin trip? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page