Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Day 3 of No Internet! AACK!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Day 3 of No Internet! AACK! Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2017 :  6:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Ok, so our internet went down Monday afternoon,,, tried several times to re-boot the modem,,, finally DH called out internet (also our phone provider)to see what was going on,,, they said they had a major malfunction and to bring in our modem and they would replace it...
Couldn't get up to town on Tuesday... and that evening on the T.V. news,,, they said the phone/internet company that services about 20.000 up here in the mountains had been hacked and did damage to all the modems...
So today we went up to town to exchange our modem,,, they were all out and,,, unfortunately for the 2000 that exchanged theirs yesterday(Tue) their modems got re-infected/hacked again!... so we rented a different/new modem and tonight we are back on the internet...
It's amazing,,, I don't think or consider myself a internet addict,,, but dang,,, when you can't access the internet,,, it is weird to say the least... and I felt like I was in with-drawals! lolol!

We have a portable, mifi-wifi that we did use,,, but we kept our usage to an uber minimal,,, not knowing how long we'd be with out our internet...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Apr 12 2017 6:52:48 PM

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2017 :  06:26:22 AM  Show Profile
It's almost a necessity of modern life anymore!
Glad you're back online :)

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2017 :  06:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I admit it - I AM addicted to the Internet. BUT - when I am at Ed's house he has no Internet, and we manage. Though I do get back to Internet at least once a day. Now that his sister is living in his garage apartment, she needs Internet and they are trying to find a provider for his area, which is not easy. It seems he is in a dead zone for almomst all providers, except for satellite Internet, which is not cheap. They will probably end up with HughesNet, since not many are available in the area.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2017 :  07:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
It is frustrating when it's down. Fortunately it doesn't happen much to us . . .knock on wood!
We have some friends our age who live here who do not have a computer, never have had one and don't intend to get one.

I use it for shopping, communication, some bill paying and ALWAYS keeping tabs on bank and credit card accounts.
Glad you're back online, Gracie . . .now you can email me! :D
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2017 :  11:48:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh bummer Grace. I'm glad you have it fixed and are now back online. We have been having some slight internet issues where ours goes down for some time due to construction down the road. Luckily ours will come back on after a couple of hours but I agree. Once it's down I don't know how to function! Lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2017 :  6:33:53 PM  Show Profile
I eent down to Deary, ID... years ago for a camping trip.... once I was down there.... to my horror I discovered that my cepp phone didn't work... Verizon didn't have access to a repeter towers... Had to drive almost back to Troy, ID.... to call my DH to let him know I made it safely to my destination ...lol...and then back to Deary/camp site...
Lol!
Had there been a pay phone at the gas station in Deary, I could have call from there....
Oh how I have become conditioned to my modern devices!!!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Day 3 of No Internet! AACK! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page