Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello from northcentral Wisconsin!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from northcentral Wisconsin! Next Topic  

MailLady
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  1:57:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I am Christine and I live on a farm (husband has Hereford and Hereford cross) in the boondocks of Wisconsin. I work FT as a rural mail carrier. We have two sons ages 26 and 27. Both are on their own.

In the past I had a large garden but have a hard time keeping up with it now so I have let most of it go but for a couple raised beds. I also joined a local CSA being run by a young family. I am excited to support a small agriculture business.

I used to have chickens but they are all gone now and I need Zip, our blue heeler, to grow up a bit before I get more. I am thinking perhaps next year. In the meantime I can move and update the chicken coop.

I love all the glamping going on here. I would love to do this with my Prius. I saw a tent that can be attached to the hatchback and I'd love to try it. When I was younger I used to camp in the hatchback of my car in Chicago. My girlfriend and I would go to a model horse show down there every year. We'd park in the hotel parking lot and lay low when the security came around, LOL.

Other things I like are reading, Wisconsin Public Radio, art, mail and traveling which I sadly don't get to do very often.

Christine #7397

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  2:01:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello Christine and welcome to MJF from Southern California! I look forward to hearing more about your life in Wisconsin.

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjcraftsstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  2:04:33 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Christine from northeast Texas. I'll be looking for you around the Farm.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  2:26:28 PM  Show Profile
Good to meet you, Christine. Check it all out. You will love it on the farm.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  3:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello, and welcome!

~jess

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 18 2017 :  09:09:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey Christine,
welcome to the forum.... besure to check out the "outpost " section for glamping discussions...
At a large glamoing event I attended several years ago one of the gals had one of those 'tents ' that you attach to a hatch back tyoe car... and she luvd hers.... sh also had a small easy-up type cabana that she used as a 'room ' for sitting and cooking.
There is also a attatch on type tent for the bed of a puck up truck too... one of the gals had heres all set up quit nice... so many options... and if you talk to CeeJay, she can tell you all about tent glamping.
Again , Welcome!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 18 2017 09:11:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 18 2017 :  11:29:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group, Christine! It's so nice to meet you! On my husband's family farm they have a Blue Heeler named Zip. Must be a great name that type of dog! I hope you are able to find some time to travel and try out glamping in your Prius. Can't wait to get to know you better.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MailLady
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 18 2017 :  6:11:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the nice welcome.

MaryJanesNiece, I think Zip is a popular name for heelers. I didn't know that when I first was asked if I wanted a pup from a preplanned litter. I chose it for Mr. Zip of Zipcode fame :). Since then I have seen others named that :).

Oh boy, now I am definitely going to have to pursue the Prius glamping. What FUN!!!

Christine #7397
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  10:39:14 AM  Show Profile
I am curious now. I will have to ask him why they chose the name Zip. It will be interesting to see how it compares to yours!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MailLady
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 21 2017 :  08:39:47 AM  Show Profile
Krista, It is for the Zipcode guy, Mr. Zip. Being a mail person I am obsessed with anything mail related.

Christine #7397
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  12:06:48 PM  Show Profile
That is too cute Christine! I bet you would love to participate in some swaps then. They are fun. I love being able to send letters and packages to my fellow Farmgirl Sisters!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  9:57:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Christine,

My husband and I just finish planting our small vegetable garden last Saturday and my leg muscle's are sore and I also got a light sun burn. But I glad it is done and in 30 to 60 days we will have zucchini, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and yellow squash. Next year should do some light mentainence leading up to the planting day. There was a lot of moss on the ground this year.

Janice Vintage Artist
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - May 23 2017 :  11:11:40 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Christine from down here in north central Florida!! It is very nice to meet you and hear about life up in rural Wisconsin. Speaking of mail related, I have been looking into and collecting some of the commemorative stamps that are available on the USPS website. Recently, I ordered some gorgeous commemorative stamps for the flowering dogwood trees given to the US in 1915 ,and some stamps about the Repeal of the Stamp Act in 1766. They are both so much fun to use on envelopes as a way to share with others.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

MailLady
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 23 2017 :  6:48:26 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, I know what stamps you are writing about. I enjoy finding vintage stamps and then using those for special packages. I have more stamps than penpals or letters to send out. Right now I am using the old Carnivorous plant stamps for postcard stamps since they are the right price without having to add any more.

Christine #7397
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2017 :  08:23:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! Sounds like you are right at home here. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2017 :  12:05:58 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Glad you're here Christine. You are about to make new friends to use those stamps on! LOL!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2017 :  09:20:43 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Christine! Looking forward to getting to know you! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from northcentral Wisconsin! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page