Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Post-Op Cataract Surgery?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Post-Op Cataract Surgery? Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3300 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3300 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  2:50:20 PM  Show Profile
Anyone wish to share cataract surgery experience? I'm having a time here with both eyes post surgery and 2 full weeks before eye exam for glasses-

Not exactly what I expected and if it had been an option to do otherwise, I don't know if I would have pursued it until much, much later.

Anyone experience less than stellar results from cataract surgery please share.

Thanks ladies!!

Melody

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  09:45:29 AM  Show Profile
I don't have any experiences, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry having a hard time and that your results were not up to par. I hope things will get better for you soon. Farmgirl hugs.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  05:30:28 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Melody, I had both eyes done last March. I experienced some issues, blinking and flashing lights. That has become only an occasional issue. I now have glaucoma in both eyes with no family history. I had both eyes done with the distance lenses inserted. I use cheaters for close work. My husband had his done before me and had no issues at all. What are you experiencing? Hope everything straightens out for you. It's not like we can go and get our old lenses back!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3300 Posts

Melody
USA
3300 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  09:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Blurriness mostly in my left eye-I have 'readers' for close up but they seem to make it worse. I just can't seem to find the right 'balance.' So annoying.

Mel
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  10:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Mel, Sometimes they do a cleaning of the lens and that clears it up. My one pastor from church had both eyes done and she's fine now. Yours may be just the healing process. I know it's so annoying. Just keep trying different strengths in cheap glasses. Eventually it should get better. If it is worse, you have pain or it feels like a film is over your eye you could have a detached retina. Get in to doc now if that's the case. Good luck.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3300 Posts

Melody
USA
3300 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  2:07:24 PM  Show Profile
I see my Dr. (Not the surgeon) on the 15th of June for an eye exam. I tried driving today--big mistake ----didn't get too far and came home. I know it's soon after surgery and apparently, I was told, the brain has to accommodate to the new lenses. It's so weird. I am constantly reaching for my (old glasses which are not on my face) to adjust them. I had progressive lenses before--Old habits I guess!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  6:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
That is true, the brain has to adjust and it will. I did the same thing with reaching for my glasses! It gets better.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Post-Op Cataract Surgery? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: