Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Rhubarb recipes Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  11:45:44 AM  Show Profile
My friends just gave me a huge sack of rhubarb. I have a couple of recipes but looking for more. One of my friends said she had a pork and rhubarb recipe but can't find it. I would appreciate that if anyone has this recipe along with other more unusual and good rhubarb recipes. I do the rhubarb and strawberry jam, rhubarb dump cake, and rhubarb pie, but looking for more recipes.

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  06:54:09 AM  Show Profile
Here is a pie recipe I make every year - always a hit! It's from the "Exclusively Rhubarb Cookbook," which is a collection of recipes from many people. This pie recipe was submitted by Judy D'Ambrosio.
Rhubarb Cheese Pie
3 c. Rhubarb, 1/2 c. sugar, 1 T. flour, 12 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar, 1 T. flour, 2 eggs, 1 c. sour cream, 2 T. sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla.

Mix together the rhubarb with 1/2 c. sugar and 1 T. flour. Put into unbaked pie shell and bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove and lower heat to 350. Beat together the cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar, and 1 T. flour with 2 eggs. Pour this mixture over the rhubarb and bake 30 mins at 350. Remove and spread a mixture of 1 c. sour cream, 2 T. sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla over the cooked cooled pie. Enjoy!!
I wrote this recipe as it appears in the cookbook. Personally, I always cut the sugar and always double the vanilla when I bake anything. Just can't resist tweeking recipes - LOL!!! Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  7:57:34 PM  Show Profile
Anne, Do you let the pie cool before adding the sour cream mixture/
Go to Top of Page

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  2:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Kem, let the pie cool before adding the sour cream mixture. :-) Enjoy!!! Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Rhubarb recipes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page