Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Favorite quilting machine.Ready Set Name!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Favorite quilting machine.Ready Set Name!!! Next Topic  

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2017 :  05:58:27 AM  Show Profile
Wanting to learn more about quilting machines. What do use ? Do you like it ? Why?

Farmgirl sister#4072

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2017 :  06:25:30 AM  Show Profile
I have a Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen. I like it it does everything I need.I believe it is call the throat is short so I can't do as big a quilt as I would like sometimes but that's ok too. But the Handy Quilter people and techs are GREAT!!

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  06:47:13 AM  Show Profile
Diana,

How long have you had your Handi quilter? what is the length of the throat?

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  08:58:54 AM  Show Profile
Is a Quilting machkne the same as a Long Arm?... or am I confusing myself?

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  11:30:27 AM  Show Profile
I have owned several APQS longarm quilting machines. Never has a problem, but when I was a beginner, I sure did call them up a lot. I kept goofing up and of course, blamed the machine. All problems were caused by me and my ignorance. I now am a regional sales rep for them which is why I've owned several machines. I have their top machine, the Millennium and the sit down one, George. George has a 20", no stitch length regulator. I baste quilts using a home made quilt basting spray which is so cheap to make, doesn't gum up needle or machinery. I hate using pins, don't have time to thread baste. I'll be glad to share the basting spray with you all. I let our community service ladies use my Millennium to do charity quilts. We also do emergency quilts and some for breast cancer patients. I've quit doing customer quilts. I still love to do hand quilting and big stitch quilting. There's pleasure doing all. I can only suggest getting the best machine you can afford including used machines. And, most importantly, great service. I wanted to work for APQS because of the people who work there. Awesome people. Any quilting machine requires consistent cleaning and oiling. Thread, going at a high speed, produces a lot of lint. I keep mine very clean and well-oiled.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
Back Door Farm Girls Chapter
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/Vintagehousegoods
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Favorite quilting machine.Ready Set Name!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page