Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 2017 Block of the Month (BOM) - August
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic 2017 Block of the Month (BOM) - August Next Topic  

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  06:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Each month a new block (or more) will be posted and a new thread will begin for each new month. I hope many of you will join in and we will have a lot of new quilts to show off in 12 months or less.

You can join in at any time. We'd love to have you!
NOTE: Please be sure to "Subscribe" to this thread so you don't miss anything.

This month there are 2 blocks (chosen by Debbie Klann - thank you, Debbie!). As always, you can do one, two, or none of them. Your choice. These blocks will be yours, so choose your fabrics and quilt away. Make table runners, quilts, wall hangings, or potholders with them - your choice.

NOTE: All patterns come from The Quilter's Cache/Marcia Hohn.
Please read her terms and conditions of use here. http://www.quilterscache.com/TermsPage.html

Augustblocks:
Prairie Queen
http://www.quilterscache.com/P/PrairieQueenBlock.html

Housewife
http://www.quilterscache.com/H/HousewifeBlock.html

Please let me know if you would like to choose blocks from The Quilter's Cache/Marcia Hohn (www.quilterscache.com) website for future months, and send me the link(s). We try to have at least one simpler block and another sometimes more complicated.

Challenge yourself. As most of you know, quilt blocks are mostly squares and triangles. It is the way they are put together that makes a beautiful quilt.

Thank you for joining in.
Happy quilting for all!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  07:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Here is my Prairie Queen block for August.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

369 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
369 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  08:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh wow the red and black are so bold, I love it!

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

369 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
369 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  08:01:47 AM  Show Profile
Which one is "easiest" that I can start out with?

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  08:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, Katie!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  4:39:42 PM  Show Profile
Love your blocks, Linda! Can't wait to try these.
Your Prairie is beautiful! Very striking!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2017 :  6:07:37 PM  Show Profile
I got my blocks finished this afternoon. Katie, I would say the Prairie Queen block was easier...mostly just less pieces. When you piece the Housewife block, you will think you have too many quarter square triangles for the center pinwheel. You make 8, but only use 4. It is easier to lay out the center before you sew the darker half square triangles on. When you get to piecing it, it should make sense. I have had one of those days of constant interruptions and I was really needing to just get into my sewing room for a couple of hours. I have been wanting to sew for the past couple of weeks and there has always been something getting in the way. Today I finally got to sit down at my sewing machine and I feel like a new person! One of the great things about sewing, quilting, etc. is that you have something that stays "done"...something to show for your efforts...unlike laundry, dishes, cleaning the house. Love your blocks, Linda!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  09:33:08 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, I love your post! Your blocks turned out great! The colors look so soft. And, I so agree with you about the reward of being able to sit down and sew a project to completion. The other things are never ending.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic 2017 Block of the Month (BOM) - August Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page