Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 2017 Christmas Stocking Swap - Mailing In Process
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 2017 Christmas Stocking Swap - Mailing In Process Next Topic
Page: of 3

KimmyC
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Tempe AZ
30 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  7:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jill, I'm juggling a few too many things all at once. I am literally working on one of your stocking stuffers right now, though! :) I'll post when I get it in the mail. I'm hoping later this week. Oooh, how fun! :)

Farmgirl Sister #7479
If you can't bring the girl to the farm, bring the farm to the girl!
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  7:41:03 PM  Show Profile
No worries, it's fun checking the mail box. I hope you enjoy your stocking. I had fun doing it!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2207 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2017 :  08:58:41 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, I got your letter. It looks like you got snow before I did!

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

KimmyC
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Tempe AZ
30 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2017 :  7:30:48 PM  Show Profile
Jill, I am so thrilled! I received your package today and I love my stocking! How fun that you personalized it for me. :) I hope you don't mind, but I'd love to save it to open for Christmas.
Thank you! :)

Farmgirl Sister #7479
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2017 :  05:23:00 AM  Show Profile
I regret that I cannot post a picture of my stocking and goodies. The battery on my camera is spent and I can't find my charger. I will try to describe the contents of the box I received.

The stocking is brown burlap with a red plaid cuff painted with a Santa. I received several ornaments: 2 of paper beautifully crafted, 1 handmade pink felt chicken, 2 ceramic elves, 1 clay angel that looks handmade and 1 absolutely beautiful blue-green embroidered velvet stuffed bird. (This is my favorite item.) Other handmade felt items were a small belt basket decorated with a snowman face and a small felt pillow with an applique snowman. I also received a holiday dish towel, one Celestial Seasons tea sampler box and three bars of chocolate. I received craft items: 2 skeins of Sugar & Cream cotton yarn in light blue and ecru, a Christmas wreath stamp and the Winter 2018 issue of romantic Country magazine. I received dinosaurs!! - one brachiosaurus figure and two sets of really nice stickers. My school kids will love these. Lastly, I received a pair of blue Christmas socks with antlered penguins, a nicely knit scarf and a wall hanging which said "Joy, Love, Peace, Believe, Christmas".

I am so grateful for Marcy's generousity. Thank you so much.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2017 :  08:20:09 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa
I was just delightful. Already wanting much more. Hope you receive some real soon also.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2017 :  1:11:51 PM  Show Profile
Open it whenever you like Kim. I hope you enjoy it. I hope it makes your Christmas just a little more special!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

KimmyC
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Tempe AZ
30 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  8:36:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jill,
I mailed out your package today. I sure hope it arrives in time for Christmas! It is supposed to, but you never know with international shipping. Keeping my fingers crossed. Just seeing my stocking waiting for me makes me smile every day. Thank you! :)

Farmgirl Sister #7479
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2017 :  8:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Oooh, I'll be checking the mailbox. It's not entirely a bad thing when Christmas stretches out, it rather makes it more fun ;) Thanks very much for being my partner.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2017 :  08:02:31 AM  Show Profile

Hanging in my kitchen :)

The fun contents of my stocking

Loved everything!

Ruthie Ann is my delightful swap partner. I’m afraid I was delinquent in my duties for getting my stocking mailed on time :( I have no good excuse, but did communicate my difficulty with her.
She was spot on with the swap. What I received was very much appreciated. Would be happy to swap again in the future.

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/albums/72157627628326507

Edited by - Christy925 on Dec 28 2017 03:19:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  8:50:01 PM  Show Profile
Christy
I'm so happy your stocking arrived safely and your enjoying it. I am getting excited to start the new Year out with a stocking of goodies.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  9:32:09 PM  Show Profile
Kim, your stocking arrived today! It was quite the mail day for my family, 2 packages in the mail box and 2 notices to pick up at the post office. I only saw one notice the first time and drove in and picked up another delightful swap. Then I got home and as I got out of the car, another notice dropped out from between the letters. I debated going back today or waiting for tomorrow. Thankfully I went back today, and was given your lovely stocking. It was so wonderful, everything I could have chosen for myself. I love the fabric of the stocking.

There was a wonderful applique kit for sheep on a hill. Do you make these regularly Kim? It looks wonderful and I am really looking forward to getting started. There was a lovely sheep bag (did you make this too?) with little sheep buttons and beads and chapsticks and a tape measure with a sheep on it. There was also an absolutly beautiful glass tree wrapped with copper wire. There was also soap and tea, and some copper garden tags. I'm feeling totally spoiled and love that you found so many things with sheep on them. Even the tag! Thank you so much for being my partner.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Edited by - jillyd on Dec 27 2017 9:36:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  07:03:07 AM  Show Profile
I am in Florida right now visiting my father-in-law. I have been so busy that I haven't been able to finish Marcy's stocking. I wanted to bring it on the plane to work on it and I didn't because I couldn't find my cutting disk and didn't want to bring my folding scissors. I also want to do just a little more shopping.

I love doing this swap. I now have 5 stockings to display every year.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

KimmyC
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Tempe AZ
30 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  8:42:00 PM  Show Profile
Responding to Jillyd - I am so happy that you enjoyed your stocking! I made the Christmas tree ornament - glass fusing is a hobby of mine. I also made the bag with the sheep print fabric. I was so excited to finally find a cute sheep printed fabric! And the last homemade item (aside from the stocking) was the wool applique kit. When I couldn't find the right pattern, I decided to just make my own. I've never done that before, but I was hoping that with your experience, you could figure out what to do next with it. I look forward to seeing you bring it to life! :)

Farmgirl Sister #7479
Go to Top of Page

KimmyC
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Tempe AZ
30 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  9:36:58 PM  Show Profile
Jill, Thank you so much for my special stocking with my name embroidered on it. I really enjoyed opening all of the items in it. How did you know that I needed a coaster? I love the design and I'll put my potholder back in the kitchen. haha! The Chihuahua calendar is perfect for me! I can't wait to use my new kitchen towel - I love it so much! The flower seeds from the Butchart Gardens are going to be so pretty in my garden. :) The shades of green fabric bundle will be perfect for grass in an applique quilt that I've been wanting to make. You have me all figured out!

Just look at all of that fun stuff! Candy, snowman cupcake liners - that are destined to have blueberry muffins in them! Hot cocoa and a tea set with cute grabbers, and local spa items that I will enjoy using. Thank you so much for everything and the thought that you put into my stocking. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Farmgirl Sister #7479

Edited by - KimmyC on Dec 30 2017 9:38:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2018 :  10:05:02 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad that you liked it all Kim! Sorry I haven't responded sooner, I think I overdid it a bit over the holidays and haven't been well the last few days. I'm hoping to be able to get started on the applique soon. I have a few things I need to finish first.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 2017 Christmas Stocking Swap - Mailing In Process Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page